EM7565 on Simple Mobile

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
entropy4u
Has thanked: 0

EM7565 on Simple Mobile

Post by entropy4u »

Hello,
Had this working in QMI mode on a Turris Omnia for a bit, now it doesn't work. Not sure how to troubleshoot, the plan status still showing that I have plenty of data left, but it's not happy. Either I don't know the magic that made it work to begin with or perhaps I tripped some kind of abuse detection on the network? TTL currently set to 64 with mangle. (Actually just attempted 65 with no noticeable difference)

Interestingly, I can still ping by IP address. However, it doesn't seem to just be a DNS issue, because I cannot visit a webpage via it's IP address.

Currently running TurrisOS 5.0
Didneywhorl

Re: EM7565 on Simple Mobile

Post by Didneywhorl »

Not familiar with Turris, but did you try changing ipv6 ttl as well?

If your connecting a ping works you may have either a setting go bad or your throttled into the nether
entropy4u
Has thanked: 0

Re: EM7565 on Simple Mobile

Post by entropy4u »

I feel stupid, I had the mangle rule on the wrong interface, and the Simple Mobile web interface doesn't show hotspot usage only regular phone usage. Texting the automated balance checker shows zero hotspot data used and zero hotspot balance remaining. Which is weird, it seems I hit the 5gig hotspot cap, even though it wasn't listed under hotspot data used.

The DNS problem is a separate issue, off to work on that now.

Return to “General and Unclassified”