MikroTik M11G and 7565 for Verizon

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
pinkstond
Has thanked: 0

MikroTik M11G and 7565 for Verizon

Post by pinkstond »

Purchased a rural property a few months ago and desperate for internet options other than satellite I ended up buying a MoFi and adding a Verizon unlimited* plan for $20. After being a little disappointed in the speed I ended up getting a Yogi antenna and pointed it at the best tested tower in the area on band 66. Still not getting very good consistent speeds and being a nerd/hacker I've been researching this topic more and more.

After some research I'm debating pairing the MikroTik M11G router board and the 7565 modem in an external enclosure near the antenna powered by a POE injector. Anyone have any experience with this or a similar combination?

Anyone have any tips or tricks that could help me out? Like avoiding throttling, getting better speeds, etc.

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to contributing more to this forum once I get settled in at this new property and have more experience on this topic!
BillA

Re: MikroTik M11G and 7565 for Verizon

Post by BillA »

Usually it's not the router which will improve your speeds, but the modem and antennas.
Consider upgrading your modem to a higher CAT# such as a Sierra EM7511/7565, Quectel EM12/20, it's the best investment you'll make to improve your speeds, Course a good antennas setup helps too. By the way, how's "Yogi" doing? jk
Didneywhorl

Re: MikroTik M11G and 7565 for Verizon

Post by Didneywhorl »

Mounting in weatherproof enclosure s near the antenna is my favorite way to build it. Ive built a handful of them

Return to “General and Unclassified”