WG3526 shows EMM state: Deregistered Attach Needed

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
xDiesel03
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WG3526 shows EMM state: Deregistered Attach Needed

Post by xDiesel03 »

Hi All,

I’ve read through every tutorial I can find and I can’t seem to get my connection back. I bought this router off of eBay two weeks ago and it has an MC7455 card installed and WiFiX. I am using a PagePlus SIM with unlimited data. For the first two weeks I had decent speeds but nothing crazy. I was getting 1.5-5mbps dL during peak hours and 10-15mbps dL non peak. After installing dual Yagi antennas pointed at the tower it was prioritizing on the Omni antennas I started getting 10-15mbps dL and then it just stopped working over night. So far here is what I’ve tried:

1- tried TTL setting of 64, 65, and 117
2- tried different combinations of band locks and single band locks
3- checked the antenna connections inside of the router
4- reflashed the latest WiFiX firmware
5- conducted firmware recovery reset x 2
6- tried both Tracfone APNs and still only get service with the tracfone.vzwentp like before
7- tried an unlimited data ATT SIM with APN set to broadband and have the same issues

Sometimes it tries to connect and then has a really high latency (300-1200ms) and shows error on download and upload.

I have “good” signal coming in to the router using two Yagi antennas at 45 degrees 3ft apart and 25ft in a tree near the house. The antennas join into one cable and enter a Surecall Force 5 booster at the house and the router is located in a room with LOS to one of the indoor antennas.

I have a new power supply on the way to see if that makes a difference. Any ideas?
xDiesel03

Re: WG3526 shows EMM state: Deregistered Attach Needed

Post by xDiesel03 »

Here are the gstatus results from just now. It shows connected currently but my OpenSignal speed test shows:

DL: 4.3mbps
UL: Error
Latency: 491ms

At!gstatus?
!GSTATUS:
Current Time: 16436 Temperature: 47
Reset Counter: 134217731 Mode: ONLINE
System mode: LTE PS state: Attached
LTE band: B4 LTE bw: 15 MHz
LTE Rx chan: 2325 LTE Tx chan: 20325
LTE CA state: INACTIVE LTE Scell band:B13
LTE Scell bw:10 MHz LTE Scell chan:5230
EMM state: Registered Normal Service
RRC state: RRC Connected
IMS reg state: No Srv

PCC RxM RSSI: -71 RSRP (dBm): -106
PCC RxD RSSI: -67 RSRP (dBm): -102
SCC RxM RSSI: -55 RSRP (dBm): -82
SCC RxD RSSI: -60 RSRP (dBm): -82
Tx Power: 0 TAC: E408 (58376)
RSRQ (dB): -10.5 Cell ID: 037CDF0C (58515212)
SINR (dB): 6.4

OK
BillA

Post by BillA »

xDiesel03 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:32 pm Hi All,

I’ve read through every tutorial I can find and I can’t seem to get my connection back. I bought this router off of eBay two weeks ago and it has an MC7455 card installed and WiFiX. I am using a PagePlus SIM with unlimited data. For the first two weeks I had decent speeds but nothing crazy. I was getting 1.5-5mbps dL during peak hours and 10-15mbps dL non peak. After installing dual Yagi antennas pointed at the tower it was prioritizing on the Omni antennas I started getting 10-15mbps dL and then it just stopped working over night.

I would first try the PagePlus sim in a phone, and see if you can browse the web.
There have been reports that they suspend service due to excessive usage, though it's rare.
They also suspend service for using data on a roming network, which can happen if your main carrier has very low signal in your area. There are ways to disable roaming, which you can find in one of my posts.
Trying the sim in a phone should give you an idea about the issue.
If it works in a phone, I would reflash the router using the bootloader method.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=6007#p6007

I would also reset the modem just for good measure.
The AT commands below will do a reset, and set your modem to LTE only and no roaming.

Code: Select all

AT!ENTERCND="A710"
AT!RMARESET=1
Wait a minute, restart the router, then send these commands:

AT!ENTERCND="A710"
AT!SELRAT=06
AT!BAND=00
AT!RESET
xDiesel03

Post by xDiesel03 »

Thanks for your help Bill. Not sure what exactly happened but it works now. I did the reset you mentioned and it still didn’t work and I just left it on with the SIM in and two days later my connection was back but not super fast. My MC7455 firmware was one of the earliest versions (2016) so I updated all of that today and my connection speeds improved significantly. On speed of.me I am seeing 10-30mbps download speeds depending on time of day.

Do you know if PagePlus supports IPV6? I noticed I am still connecting via IPV4.
BillA

Post by BillA »

xDiesel03 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:44 pm Thanks for your help Bill. Not sure what exactly happened but it works now. I did the reset you mentioned and it still didn’t work and I just left it on with the SIM in and two days later my connection was back but not super fast. My MC7455 firmware was one of the earliest versions (2016) so I updated all of that today and my connection speeds improved significantly. On speed of.me I am seeing 10-30mbps download speeds depending on time of day.

Do you know if PagePlus supports IPV6? I noticed I am still connecting via IPV4.

You could try IPv4

AT!ENTERCND="A710"
AT!CUSTOM="IPV6ENABLE",0
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","tracfone.vzwentp"
Or IPv6

AT!ENTERCND="A710"
AT!CUSTOM="IPV6ENABLE",1
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IPV6","tracfone.vzwentp"
xDiesel03

Post by xDiesel03 »

Thanks! I will try that out next.
BillA

Post by BillA »

xDiesel03 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:45 pm Thanks! I will try that out next.

I would leave it on IPv4 if it works to avoid getting throttled down the line.
However if it doesn't work with IPv4, then you should obviously change it to IPv6.

Return to “General and Unclassified”