NEXQ6GO

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
ml_homeboy
Has thanked: 0

NEXQ6GO

Post by ml_homeboy »

Where do I find the latest firmware for this device?

Also on Open WRT i dont see this model, so what model do I use?

Thanks
Didneywhorl

Re: NEXQ6GO

Post by Didneywhorl »

It comes preloaded with the firmware it needs, latest.
ml_homeboy

Post by ml_homeboy »

Where would I look for updated versions?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

You would have to request it from thewirelesshaven.com. But, I bet it would be posted here as the newer versions become available. I believe the version on the routers now is from May of this year. It works well.
ml_homeboy

Post by ml_homeboy »

I'm posting here as they state to ask any question in the forum, but I have no answer :(

My version is from April so there must be an update but I don't know where to get it.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Is your router having problems? That router is an established router. Though I understand wanting the newest firmware just to get whatever updates may come with it, it usually never translates in higher speeds or stronger connections. If it isnt broken, theres no need to fix it. :)
ml_homeboy

Post by ml_homeboy »

No it is not having any issues, but I am interested in some features I have on my older MOFI. In the items description it states: Our WiFiX version of GoldenOrb (based on OpenWRT) comes pre-installed on the NEXQ6GO which may be easily upgraded to other custom OpenWRT based firmware.
So I am interested in trying GoldenOrb or OpenWRT but there is no info on how to use this unit with these other OS's.

Please advise...

Thanks
BillA

Post by BillA »

ml_homeboy wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:31 am No it is not having any issues, but I am interested in some features I have on my older MOFI. In the items description it states: Our WiFiX version of GoldenOrb (based on OpenWRT) comes pre-installed on the NEXQ6GO which may be easily upgraded to other custom OpenWRT based firmware.
So I am interested in trying GoldenOrb or OpenWRT but there is no info on how to use this unit with these other OS's.

Please advise...

Thanks

Not sure if you can flash it with the regular WE826-T2 firmware which is based on MTK chipset, while the NEXQ6GO is based on Qualcomm chipset. You will probably need chipset specific firmware, so if anyone has more info on this, please post it.

Return to “General and Unclassified”