T-Mobile unlimited

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
redapse
Has thanked: 0

T-Mobile unlimited

Post by redapse »

Hi there,

I have DSL and I routinely rack up 3TB a month @ 25mbps. I know I can get faster download and upload speeds on a TMobile tower that's close. After reading the list of currently available unlimited prepaid plans for mobile routers, I think the Tmobile unlimited prepaid $60/mo, 100Mbps speeds, 40ms latency, deprioritized after 50GB is best for me....

Do I just sign up for that and change the TTL on my modem? That's all?

What sort of data caps are we actually looking at? Could I rack up 5+ terabytes a month? I know the data is deprioritized, but am I going to be throttled or banned off of their network?

Thank you
Didneywhorl

Re: T-Mobile unlimited

Post by Didneywhorl »

Many people use TBs of data every month on their accounts, many do not. Unfortunately theres no guarantee, since what many do is against thr ToS of the account. So you may very well get all you need, or you may not.

I think you might be ok, but 5TBs is a lot, even for most of the higher end users.

I'm assuming your file sharing, or providing a service of some sort? I run my entire house on LTE: 4 ps4s, an xbix one, 2 Nintendo Switches, all TV is streaming, Netflix and youtube o tablets, kids school online. Most of these are literally at the same time all the time. We dont usually go over 2TB on a heavy month of game updates and DLs.

High use accounts tend to get attention when they stand out.
BillA

Post by BillA »

redapse wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:03 pm Hi there,

I have DSL and I routinely rack up 3TB a month @ 25mbps. I know I can get faster download and upload speeds on a TMobile tower that's close. After reading the list of currently available unlimited prepaid plans for mobile routers, I think the Tmobile unlimited prepaid $60/mo, 100Mbps speeds, 40ms latency, deprioritized after 50GB is best for me....

Do I just sign up for that and change the TTL on my modem? That's all?

What sort of data caps are we actually looking at? Could I rack up 5+ terabytes a month? I know the data is deprioritized, but am I going to be throttled or banned off of their network?

Thank you

"Deprioritize" doesn't mean that they slow you down completely, they just give more priority to other users while you're over 50gigs till your next billing cycles starts. In some areas you won't notice anything, while in densely populated areas you might see some slowdown during peak usage hours. At this time, there are no completely unlimited data plans, but pretty close.
LoveMeSomeCALTE

Post by LoveMeSomeCALTE »

redapse wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:03 pm What sort of data caps are we actually looking at? Could I rack up 5+ terabytes a month? I know the data is deprioritized, but am I going to be throttled or banned off of their network?
If you have some neighbors (I have 20 in a 2 mile radius) who are on T-Mobile, they might get upset if they too depend on T-Mobile for their data.

I am in contact with my immediate neighbors and all of us in our area are on a facebook group so if someone needs to game with friends over a weekend or download a heavy update one day or something, we just communicate.

That said, 5+ terabytes a month is you tying up the tower pretty much 24x7.

Modern phone calls are all VoLTE, so you could be interrupting someone's job interview or a video call with a loved one stationed overseas.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”