T-mobile not working with mac

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
Sparky35
Has thanked: 0

T-mobile not working with mac

Post by Sparky35 »

Hello,

Over the weekend I got help with an EM20-G and WG3526 using T-mobile pre-paid. I could get internet with ethernet cable but did not have a wifi connection. I was helped very quickly and installed an earlier version of GoldenOrb 2020-03-01 and the problem seemed to be solved. That night my kids and I were all able to connect over wifi and get internet. We have three macs and one windows machine. Monday morning however everyone connected but none of the macs could get internet over wifi. They could however get internet with an ethernet cable. The windows machine connected and got internet no problem.

Initially, I asked for help under modems because I thought that was where my problems were. Today however I think it might be T-mobile not liking something about mac Os (not iOS because my iphone connects over wifi just fine). Is anyone familiar with macs being a problem? No firewall or security features are running and I even tried turning off location services. I have no idea what to try next. We have used Visible and PagePlus and never had a connection problem.

Finally, in an attempt to figure out what went wrong I started the whole process from scratch; I reset the router, reset the modem and got every computer to connect again but somehow over time the macs get shut out and no more internet. If I plug them into the router with an ethernet cable internet works, but no wifi internet. Lastly, there is some connection to internet but extremely slow and not usable. Speedtest.net will load over a 2 minute period and shows a 34 ping and 36.72 download 5.01 up. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
Sparky35
Has thanked: 0

Re: T-mobile not working with mac

Post by Sparky35 »

Problem solved: Location Services was on on kids computers. Everything is working now.
Didneywhorl

Re: T-mobile not working with mac

Post by Didneywhorl »

Did you have to do any special settings to use Visible?

Return to “Internet Service Providers”