Setting up VPN to work on WE826

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
GrandPooh-Bah
Has thanked: 0

Setting up VPN to work on WE826

Post by GrandPooh-Bah »

I tried without success getting Torguard VPN to work on the WE826, even with help from their tech support.
I decided to try with one of the per-configured VPN's. I signed up with Mullvad. I'm still not able to get it to work. Has anybody been successful in getting a VPN to work with this router?
BillA

Re: Setting up VPN to work on WE826

Post by BillA »

GrandPooh-Bah wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:04 pm I tried without success getting Torguard VPN to work on the WE826, even with help from their tech support.
I decided to try with one of the per-configured VPN's. I signed up with Mullvad. I'm still not able to get it to work. Has anybody been successful in getting a VPN to work with this router?

Any luck yet getting a VPN working on the WE826?
GrandPooh-Bah

Post by GrandPooh-Bah »

Yes I did with Torguard.
BillA

Post by BillA »

GrandPooh-Bah wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:37 pm Yes I did with Torguard.

What kind of speeds do you get with and without running the VPN?
Try running this simple speed test in both cases > https://www.bing.com/widget/t/speedtest
Are you running the latest GoldenOrb 2020-03-01? > https://www.ofmodemsandmen.com/firmware.html
BarryT
Been thanked: 0

Post by BarryT »

GrandPooh-Bah wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:04 pm I tried without success getting Torguard VPN to work on the WE826, even with help from their tech support.
I have exactly the same issue one the WE826. Tried to connect with the app provided by Sneakflix VPN and it didn't work.
But when I tried with the OpenVPN app (and install the profiles from Sneakflix) it works.
I guess it has something to do with the various apps from the VPN providers since it works with OpenVPN.
foolhardy

Post by foolhardy »

GrandPooh-Bah wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:37 pm Yes I did with Torguard.
Please detail the steps to do this. I've yet been unable to get Torguard working on the WE826.
corywf

Post by corywf »

These instructions worked for me. I SSH'd to the WE826 to copy/paste the commands

https://forums.torguard.net/index.php?/ ... vpn-setup/

Return to “General and Unclassified”