We826-t2. Em7455. AT commands not working

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Izobaric
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

We826-t2. Em7455. AT commands not working

Post by Izobaric »

I have very limited knowledge of these things and looking for some help. I just bought a we826 and installed a em7455 and upgraded the router firmware to the newest WiFiX golden orb. Looks like my internet is working off the lan ports but not the WiFi. I can connect to the WiFi but no internet connect. I’m trying to see what’s going on with it but the At! Commands don’t seem to work. When I put in command I get back something like “can’t connect to dev/tyy/usb”? Can someone recommend what I should try to get this thing going
Didneywhorl

Re: We826-t2. Em7455. AT commands not working

Post by Didneywhorl »

Under Network(on the left)->Interfaces->LAN (tab at the top)->Common Configuration->Physical Settings tab->Interface

Does it have: eth0.1, tap-server, tap0, and wlan0 in the box as linked interfaces?

Interfaces.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Izobaric wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:42 pm I have very limited knowledge of these things and looking for some help. I just bought a we826 and installed a em7455 and upgraded the router firmware to the newest WiFiX golden orb. Looks like my internet is working off the lan ports but not the WiFi. I can connect to the WiFi but no internet connect. I’m trying to see what’s going on with it but the At! Commands don’t seem to work. When I put in command I get back something like “can’t connect to dev/tyy/usb”? Can someone recommend what I should try to get this thing going
When you upgraded to WIFiX did you make sure the box was UNCHECKED to save settings? Just to be safe, I would reflash the router a second time and be sure to uncheck the box.

Is the EM7455 an OEM modem or vendor branded?
Izobaric

Post by Izobaric »

I got the WiFi problem straight by just reflashing to the latest GoldenOrb. I did uncheck the save setting. Now I’m back where I first started. On the modem connection page it says “no modem”and on the misc page it says “modem present/not connected. I tried a different sim. When I run a at! Command only thing I get back is “/dev/tyyusb can’t open /dev/tyyusb”. It’s a em7455 sierrawireless airprime
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Did you also do a hard reboot of the device after upgrading the firmware, and then enter your APN and set the Time Zone.

Note that when you reset to default, it removes all custom configurations.
Izobaric

Post by Izobaric »

JimHelms wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:58 am Did you also do a hard reboot of the device after upgrading the firmware, and then enter your APN and set the Time Zone.

Note that when you reset to default, it removes all custom configurations.
Yes.
Izobaric

Post by Izobaric »

I’m thinking this is a dell module by the numbers on it. Could this be my problem? I’m guessing I have to get a m.2 to usb enclosure to flash the generic firmware.

Return to “General and Unclassified”