WE1326 cant connect to 5G WiFi

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Lbnaz
Has thanked: 0

WE1326 cant connect to 5G WiFi

Post by Lbnaz »

I Cannot connect to the 5G network on my router. I can connect up to the 2.4 but not the 5. I tried changing channel from 36 to 40, reduced the transmit power to 15db and finally reflashed the router with the latest firmware. I Still cannot connect up. I am using my phone to test it. Signal strength is excellent. I put in the proper password, and hit connect, the phone says connecting then switches to saved if I keep trying it will switch to disabled .
I am using firmware we1326v5-GO2019-04-10 downloaded from the modem and men site.
Any Ideas on what could be causing this?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: WE1326 cant connect to 5G WiFi

Post by JimHelms »

First, make sure you have the WE1326 V5. The WE1326 will allow uploading the V5 firmware, but not the other way around.

I would use the firmware recovery menu and reflash the router with GoldenOrb. That will assure there are no files left behind from the previous builds.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

Do you have any other devices nearby that are on 5 GHz? I see the exact same symptoms in connecting to my non-LTE router (my normal wireless access point), due to a conflict between one of the 5.8 GHz radios on there (it has 2, one at the lower channels and one at the higher end) and my T-Mobile cellular booster. The booster has 2 boxes that talk to each other over a non-802.11 protocol, but using the 5.8GHz frequencies.

Although that booster doesn't show up on this app, if you want to see what all is hanging out in the 2.4 and 5.8 channels, that are doing 802.11 protocols, I recommend downloading an app for windows called "inSSIDer". (Note: Don't keep the app running if you are doing speed tests over wifi, on the machine running the app. I've had it affect the test results when doing that.)

It could very well be a problem with the router firmware, but just figured I'd mention interference too, since your symptoms are identical to mine when I have that issue. Very frustrating when it happens and if it has been long enough that I forget about it. I think it might only happen with my 802.11ac device (an android tablet), but 802.11n is okay on my other devices. 802.11ac has wider channels, so I'm guessing that's probably why there is a greater chance of conflict with my out of band device.
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

JimHelms wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:59 pm First, make sure you have the WE1326 V5. The WE1326 will allow uploading the V5 firmware, but not the other way around.

I would use the firmware recovery menu and reflash the router with GoldenOrb. That will assure there are no files left behind from the previous builds.
Jim, Yes I have the correct firmware. I have also did the firmware recovery. I have tried so far Golden Orb version, WiFix version and I did try the OEM firmware. All had the same results. I have also changed channel to 149 as this is the one I know my phone can connect to. Drove to a location where there were no other networks and had the same results.
Seems like some kind of hardware problem to me. Very frustrating, I selected this router over the we826 specifically because I wanted 5G network. Any suggestions?
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

xdavidx wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:16 am Do you have any other devices nearby that are on 5 GHz? I see the exact same symptoms in connecting to my non-LTE router (my normal wireless access point), due to a conflict between one of the 5.8 GHz radios on there (it has 2, one at the lower channels and one at the higher end) and my T-Mobile cellular booster. The booster has 2 boxes that talk to each other over a non-802.11 protocol, but using the 5.8GHz frequencies.

Although that booster doesn't show up on this app, if you want to see what all is hanging out in the 2.4 and 5.8 channels, that are doing 802.11 protocols, I recommend downloading an app for windows called "inSSIDer". (Note: Don't keep the app running if you are doing speed tests over wifi, on the machine running the app. I've had it affect the test results when doing that.)

It could very well be a problem with the router firmware, but just figured I'd mention interference too, since your symptoms are identical to mine when I have that issue. Very frustrating when it happens and if it has been long enough that I forget about it. I think it might only happen with my 802.11ac device (an android tablet), but 802.11n is okay on my other devices. 802.11ac has wider channels, so I'm guessing that's probably why there is a greater chance of conflict with my out of band device.
xdavidx, Thanks for the suggestion.
I drove to a location with no networks, had the router 5G set to channel 149 as I know my phone can connect to this channel (my home 5g is on this channel and I can connect fine). I had the same results, it starts to connect then immediately disconnects and shows saved. if I keep trying it just disables. I don't know what else to try. I have tons of hours into this router so far & I am still not where I want to be.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

Do you have another client device to test against the router, so that you can rule out an issue with your phone or an issue between the router and the phone combination?

There are two 802.11 protocols that work on 5.8GHz.

1) 802.11n
2) 802.11ac

To make things a little easier, have you separated out the SSIDs for 2.4Ghz and 5.8GHz? When I first ran GoldenOrb on the router, it had a single SSID that covered both of those. For troubleshooting, I'd recommend separating it out so that you have 2 SSIDs, one for 2.4GHz and one for 5.8GHz. Once you have that, we can look at the router wifi screens and maybe try some things with settings to figure it out.

Do you have any security enabled on the wifi on the router currently? I know you mentioned it before, but I would get rid of the encryption, just for testing purposes.

I know how frustrating wifi issues can be to troubleshoot when there aren't any good error messages and things just don't work.
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

xdavidx,
I always separate SSID, makes it easier for troubleshooting and to know what network i am connecting to. I haven't tried the n only ac. I tried my roku which will connect up to my 5G home but not the WE1326, it does not even see it. My son has an Iphone XR and with his phone it sees it but will not connect. At one point in time I did have no encryption, it acted the same.
I have tried many things so far with the same results. I have used a wifi analyizer app on my phone and it does see the WE1326 with excellent signal on the channel I set in my case ch 149, bandwidth set to 80.
Thank you for the help.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

Maybe try N just to see how that acts. Also try lowering the bandwidth to see if that helps.

Which model Roku is it?

Do you plan to use the wifi on the router permanently? The wifi isn't a strong-point on these LTE routers. Daisy chaining the LTE router to a regular router that excels at wifi performance is the general approach to getting the best out of the system. That doesn't mean the 5.8GHz shouldn't work at all, of course.
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

Roku is the ultra. Just got it this week. I will try the n band and try adjusting bandwidth shortly.
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

I don't need great WiFi , this is going in a 43 foot motor home. Anywhere inside it this should work out well.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

It *should* be fine, but unfortunately, these things do seem to be lacking in the wifi area. It might give you slower speeds than what you get on the LTE side, depending on how fast that is and the distance you are from the router.

I have a Roku Ultra here (setting it up for my parents). I just tried to connect it to my regular wifi router on one of the 5.8GHz radios. It has a lower than expected link speed. My router can limit the connection to N only or N/AC. I can't set it to AC only. I get a link speed of 115 to 170ish. It jumps around a lot if you aren't actively using the device (power savings feature, I'm assuming). When in use, I get a pretty consistent 173.3 Mbps link speed.

I thought it was only connecting at N. However, I changed my channel width to 80 MHz (only AC supports that, not N) on the router and it connected with the same link speed. My laptop, in the same location, that can only do 802.11N, gets a 300 Mbps link speed.

All this is to say that the Roku Ultra isn't too "ultra" when it comes to 802.11AC. :D

I did try setting my second radio in my regular wifi router to 149 and 80 MHz and the Roku connected to it fine. Same link speed, 173.3 Mbps. I thought maybe Roku's might have a problem with certain channels. This Roku Ultra is a model number 4660X. They like to reuse the model names for different model numbers.

Of course, interference is still *possible*, even though you tested away from the house. InSSIDer does have an android app that you could use to see what is going on around you. If you only have an iOS device, Ubiquiti has a free app called WiFiman in the Apple Store. I haven't used that one, but it looks like it would show you the used channels around you.
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

xdavidx,
Thanks for checking this out.
I tried changing bandwidth for tha AC protocal, same results. I then tried N band with each bandwidth selection, same results. At this point I am thinking it is a hardware problem.
What router and firmware are you using?
Jim, Are you following this? what to do next?
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

xdavidx, Jim
latest testing is done with no other 5G networks around me, It does not matter. This unit stated it can do 5G it should be able to do this. I am struggling with using another router for wireless network when this is supposed to be able to do this.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

Lbnaz wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:28 pm I tried changing bandwidth for tha AC protocal, same results. I then tried N band with each bandwidth selection, same results. At this point I am thinking it is a hardware problem.
What router and firmware are you using?
That's frustrating.

My primary wifi router is an ASUS RT-AC5300. Very good wifi performance and distance, other than that conflict with one of its 5.8GHz radios and my T-Mobile booster. It does have a very annoying issue with not wanting to pass ARP packets (something used for devices to discover each other on a network) through after a while, so I sometimes have to reboot it so that I can connect from one computer in the house to another.

And because of this, I can't have my wireless printer on it, because the computers wouldn't be able to see it after a while. Instead, I have the printer connected to a weaker wifi router in my basement (the ASUS is centrally located on the main level) that also acts as my main firewall, DHCP server, etc.

That router is what is wired to my DSL modem currently and will be wired to my LTE router when I have my system finalized. I have the basement router and the ASUS router connected via a long ethernet cable and the ASUS router is set to just be a wireless bridge to that basement device, so it isn't doing any routing work or other stuff.

Before I had the ASUS router, I used an Amped SR10000 wireless repeater to get the basement wifi repeated to the rest of the house and outside. The only problem with repeaters is that they cut your bandwidth in half (not your internet bandwidth, unless it is faster than half your wifi bandwidth, but your LAN wireless bandwidth). That repeater is only 802.11N on 2.4 GHz too. They make an SR20000G that is dual band, but that wasn't available when I bought my repeater. Nowadays, there are routers with very good wifi performance, so the repeaters aren't needed as much. I might put it in an outdoor enclosure to provide better wifi coverage in my yard. The ASUS does reach out there with 2.4GHz, but it is iffy in some areas.

As for my LTE router, it is a WE1326v5 and it has, GoldenOrb_2019-04-09. It is on my roof in a temporary setup right now, but I was just able to connect to the 5.8GHz radio from my main level, 2 levels directly below it. That would be about 30 feet, with 2 ceilings and a roof that the signal has to go through. If I don't stand directly under it, then the signal is hit or miss.

Maybe check to make sure your antennas are screwed on tight? I suppose there could be a problem with the soldered connections where the wifi antennas connect to the circuit board too. Hard to say what it might be *if* it is a hardware issue.

When you reflashed GoldenOrb, did you tell it to not keep the old settings? That's sometimes important to wipe those out. Do you have a way to connect to the router via ethernet? If so, you could, as a last resort, factory reset it and then flash GoldenOrb onto it. One time during my setup process, mine got in a weird state and I reset it. The login screen came back with chinese words and a button. I clicked the button and it asked for a file, so I gave it the GoldenOrb image file and I was golden (pun intended).
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

Lbnaz wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:32 pm xdavidx, Jim
latest testing is done with no other 5G networks around me, It does not matter. This unit stated it can do 5G it should be able to do this. I am struggling with using another router for wireless network when this is supposed to be able to do this.
Yeah, I agree that it should do *some* wifi. There is a difference between not having the best distance/speeds vs not being able to connect and it seems like you can't connect to it at all, whether through 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz.
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

xdavidx,
I can connect via 2.4G or hard wire Ethernet no problem. The issue is in some crowded campgrounds 2.4G has so many on it , it will substantially impact my 2.4 G. This is why I want the 5Ghz network.
I have reset router and come up with the Chinese screen where it asked for a file to flash the router twice now. I think the first time I flashed with openwrt factory OEM, The second time I did it I flashed with GoldenOrb_2019-04-09. In both instances the wifi acted the same, I could not connect up to 5ghz network. Interesting on the OEM it did not find the modem. I did not care as I wanted to verify the 5g wifi to see if it would work.
At one point in time I even removed the modem and tried it to see if the modem was affecting the wifi. same results.
The reason I asked about what router you were using is I wanted to know if the WE1326 with the current Golden orb firmware would work on 5G. Thank you for verifying that it does so I can rule this out. I suppose it is worth re flashing from the boot loader again just to make sure. Yes, I do know the keep setting was not checked.
Arrgg.... Hand to Hand combat with this router.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Are you using the V5 version or pre-V5? If V5, are you using the V5 firmware.
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

Jim,
V5 version.
Thanks
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Lbnaz wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:03 pm V5 version
I have not heard of this sort of WiFi issue when the V5 firmware is used on the V5 router. I have heard strange WiFi behavior when cross-flashing the wrong firmware onto a router (i.e., Flashing the WG3526 router with the WE3526 firmware).

We just tested one of the V5 routers with the V5 firmware in the link above, and using the default WiFi setting, it was broadcasting both 2.4/5GHz WiFi. Testing both with an android phone and they connected and pulled data with no issue.

I am wondering if somehow you have a pre-V5 router--which is what we plan on returning to.

Have you tired the regular pre-V5 build.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

JimHelms wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:50 pm I am wondering if somehow you have a pre-V5 router--which is what we plan on returning to.
Plan on returning to? Does that mean you'll be selling pre-V5 routers instead of V5? What is the reason for that?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

The Pre-V5 versions are 512MB memory where the V5 is 256MB.

The manufacturer made the changes and never informed us of the change. We were unaware of the change until someone tired flashing the router with GoldenOrb. We then had to have a new V5 firmware compiled.

The V5 firmware will upload on the pre-V5 version, but not the other way around.
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

Jim,
Based on the Status screen it looks to me to be a V5.
RouterStatus.JPG
Firmware I used "openwrt-we1326v5-GO2019-04-10-upgrade.bin"
I could try the pre V5 firmware, nothing to lose at this point.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

JimHelms wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:53 pm The Pre-V5 versions are 512MB memory where the V5 is 256MB.
Going backwards was nice of them. Are there any features that they had to chop out of GoldenOrb for the V5 version?
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

Lbnaz wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:00 pm Based on the Status screen it looks to me to be a V5.
Interesting. The memory matches the V5, but the model doesn't say V5 in it. On mine, with the WiFiX/GoldenOrb firmware, the model shows as "WE1326v5".

Unless, if you *do* have a pre-v5, then maybe the firmware is only grabbing 256MB and not showing the rest.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

xdavidx wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:06 pm Going backwards was nice of them. Are there any features that they had to chop out of GoldenOrb for the V5 version?
Yes, that was nice of them and you can rest assured I expressed my feelings in pretty blunt terms.

It remains a constant challenge (to say the least) to deal with some (if not most) of the Asian manufactures and suppliers.

No features were removed from the V5 build.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

xdavidx wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:09 pm Interesting. The memory matches the V5, but the model doesn't say V5 in it. On mine, with the WiFiX/GoldenOrb firmware, the model shows as "WE1326v5".

Unless, if you *do* have a pre-v5, then maybe the firmware is only grabbing 256MB and not showing the rest.
Can you screen shot what your V5 looks like and what is different?
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

Jim,
I tried the Pre V5 firmware once using the firmware update screen. it flashed and when thru I lost ethernet connection and could not connect back up. I then used bootloader to connect back up and flashed again with the pre V5 version.
Same thing happened, I lost ethernet connection and could not connect back up. Back to boot loader and flashed V5. I will try WiFi again but , I think will have the same problem.
So it looks to to me to be a V5.
Thanks for your help
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Lbnaz wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:43 pm I tried the Pre V5 firmware once using the firmware update screen. it flashed and when thru I lost ethernet connection and could not connect back up. I then used bootloader to connect back up and flashed again with the pre V5 version.
This is strange since using the UI to flash a V5 will not allow a pre-V5 firmware to be uploaded. It will literally refuse the bin file.
So it looks to to me to be a V5.
I am not so convinced.

Maybe xdavidx can screen shot the differences he referenced.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

JimHelms wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:25 pm Can you screen shot what your V5 looks like and what is different?
Here it is:

Screenshot_2019-07-17-01-05-17.png

Note that it doesn't show the OpenWRT version next to the GoldenOrb version either. My version is one day behind @Lbnaz's firmware.

I can upgrade to 2019-04-10 to see if it still looks different. That would be very telling if it was. Although, I guess I'd have the WiFiX version, so *technically* someone could have slipped in something different vs the GoldenOrb version.

Alternatively, since mine is working fine, @Libnaz, you could try flashing 2019-04-09 of WiFix to see if that changes the behavior and to post the system status screenshot again to compare with mine.

@JimHelms: Is there an issue with keeping settings when upgrading the firmware from GoldenOrb to GoldenOrb? I wasn't sure if that is just an issue when going from apples to oranges or also when upgrading apples to apples+.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

xdavidx wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:10 pm
@JimHelms: Is there an issue with keeping settings when upgrading the firmware from GoldenOrb to GoldenOrb? I wasn't sure if that is just an issue when going from apples to oranges or also when upgrading apples to apples+.
In theory, from Apple to Apple, one might be okay as long as the build is configured and working correctly. But then again...if the images were built using different snapshots of the OpenWRT, it could make a difference.

Probably the best practice is to backup and restore the configuration file. And, do not save settings when uploading the firmware.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

JimHelms wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:17 pm Probably the best practice is to backup and restore the configuration file. And, do not save settings when uploading the firmware.
You beat me to it. That was going to be my next question. I figured that might be different/safer than relying on exact memory locations matching from one version to another.

If @Lbnaz goes to my version, we'll see if they match. If that's an issue on his end, I can upgrade my end to non-WiFix GoldenOrb's next version. I'm curious if he got some mutant hardware that isn't compatible with any of the firmware builds. I'm sure you're curious too, as that would create quite a nightmare for you if they started throwing you curve balls like that.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

xdavidx wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:22 pm
If @Lbnaz goes to my version, we'll see if they match. If that's an issue on his end, I can upgrade my end to non-WiFix GoldenOrb's next version.
If you tried to upgrade your V5 to the pre-V5 version firmware, chances are it will refuse to upload the Pre-V5 version.

I'm curious if he got some mutant hardware that isn't compatible with any of the firmware builds. I'm sure you're curious too, as that would create quite a nightmare for you if they started throwing you curve balls like that.
While anything is possible, it is not probable. There have only been two versions of this router.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

JimHelms wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:37 pm If you tried to upgrade your V5 to the pre-V5 version firmware, chances are it will refuse to upload the Pre-V5 version.
I meant to upgrade mine to 2019-04-10 instead of 2019-04-09. I have the WiFiX 09 version and he has the straight GoldenOrb 10 version.
JimHelms wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:37 pm While anything is possible, it is not probable. There have only been two versions of this router.
A whole new area of study could spring forth from this. We could call it Cryptoroutology. :lol:
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

flashed Wifix version. heres screen shot. Wifi behavior is the same. I did try my sons brand new Asus Laptop. It would not even list the routers 5G , yes I changes router SSID for the 5g and changed channel to 149. His PC did see my homes 5G network also on ch 149. my Roku ultra exhibited the same, it would not see the WE1326 5G. my phone see it but wont connect.
WifixRouterStatus.JPG
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

At this point, I really have no answers except to RMA the router and let us either fix or replace it.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

Lbnaz wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:22 pm I did try my sons brand new Asus Laptop. It would not even list the routers 5G , yes I changes router SSID for the 5g and changed channel to 149. His PC did see my homes 5G network also on ch 149.
Did you try with the home wifi turned off or try with the WE1326 on a different channel than 149? It might not like co-existing on the same channel.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

You might also want to download WiFi Analyzer app on your phone, reset the 5GHz to default settings, shut off the 2.4GHz and see what that reveals.

We use this app to test the strength and channels in use.
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

xdavidx,
I have already tried in a network free area and with all the available channels. same results.
Jim, xdavidx,
Does this mean anything radio 0 has a client section and radio 1 does not have one.
wirelessOverview.JPG
I have also used a wifi analizer app on my phone it can see the routers 5g signal with the set bandwidth and whatever channel I set. signal strength is excellent as I am sitting right next to router. I am totally perplexed other this.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

Mine looks the similar. The networking and wireless screens have never impressed me in this firmware. They aren't very user friendly.
wireless_network_screen.png

I see that it is disabled for Master on yours for 2.4GHz. Did you disable it? If not, do you have the hotspot feature turned on by accident?
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

Loaded a wifi analyzer app on my sons laptop. it will not see the 5ghz network from the we1326. It does see the 2.4ghz.
Interesting enough my phone wifi analyzer does see the 5ghz network but cannot connect up. It is like the phone just see the beacon frame. The 5ghz signal is strong and the correct channel (36 for default) and bandwidth. Something really wacky, it there some setting I am missing?
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

Lbnaz wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:19 pm Loaded a wifi analyzer app on my sons laptop. it will not see the 5ghz network from the we1326. It does see the 2.4ghz.
Interesting enough my phone wifi analyzer does see the 5ghz network but cannot connect up. It is like the phone just see the beacon frame. The 5ghz signal is strong and the correct channel (36 for default) and bandwidth. Something really wacky, it there some setting I am missing?
Does the laptop support 5.8GHz? I have one that doesn't.

As long as you aren't changing any channels or any settings when you flash the firmware, then you would be set up the same way as me, other than splitting the SSIDs into 2.4 and 5.8. If you are setting custom channels and other settings, then it would be an apples to oranges comparison.
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

yes, laptop support 5g it see my home network. Thanks for verifying on settings . At this point it looks like I have to send router in to Jim.
Thanks for all your help.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

I assume you have tried forgetting the WiFi network on your phone, and then reestablishing a new connection (requiring a new password)?

Is the WiFi on your Son's laptop compatible 5GHz AC WiFi.
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

JimHelms wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:40 am I assume you have tried forgetting the WiFi network on your phone, and then reestablishing a new connection (requiring a new password)?
Yes, quite a few times now.
Is the WiFi on your Son's laptop compatible 5GHz AC WiFi.
Yes, it is currently connected up to my home 5G network on channel 149.
BillA

Post by BillA »

TL;DR
Since most phones or even pc's don't seem to show the band info in their native WiFi hotspots list, an easy way to diagnose these issues is by using a WiFi analyzer on an Android phone (made after 2014) which you know for sure has both 2.4 and 5Ghz bands available. You can use something like WiFi Analyzer (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nalyzerpro), or any other popular analyzer in the PlayStore which shows the hotspots categorized by bands. It's a great tool for trying to solve all kinds of WiFi issues.

If your phone can see the 5G signal, yet still unable to connect, then there's likely an authentication error. First, click to forget the router's current hotspot name if that name has been registered in your phone at some point in the past. When you click on the router's hotspot name on 5G, do you get the a prompt asking for the password? Now, this is important...
If not, then they have a total protocol breakdown, but if it asks for the password then you're either entering the code incorrectly or it has been set to some non-standard characters including the hotspot's name. Make sure to use a simple hotspot name like "HOTSPOT", and for the password simply enter 12345678
If none of these suggestions work, then it's possible that the router either has a defective 5G WiFi chip OR it's 5G antenna connections were soldered on incorrectly or with a short (seen this issue before and corrected it by resoldering the antenna wires properly). Last but not least, you could also play around with the 5G WiFi's power settings, fragmentation length, CTS/RTS Threshold, and Preamble Mode (Long/Short).

Return to “General and Unclassified”