WE826 and MC 7354 with Verizon

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
willmw
Been thanked: 0

WE826 and MC 7354 with Verizon

Post by willmw »

Had a Mofi setup at my parent's house and it was working great with a Verizon hotspot sim. Lightning happened and so I tried to replace the setup with a The Wireless Haven WE826 and an MC 7354. I put the vzwinternet in for the APN and when the router boots up, I see 'connecting' and eventually it shows Verizon and appears to be connected, but nothing works beyond that. Are there other settings I need to enter to get this working? With the Mofi it was as easy as select carrier and go, but I fear I may need to do more with this setup than just APN that I'm not aware of.

Suggestions?
Didneywhorl

Re: WE826 and MC 7354 with Verizon

Post by Didneywhorl »

The MC7354 is pretty old, but should technically work. The MOFI likely had a MC7455 or EC25AF in it.

Verizon is goofy with their accounts. Did you get a notification asking you to register the new device?
willmw

Post by willmw »

Not directly. I had put the sim back in the hotspot for the time being while waiting for the parts. Once I'd given up trying the WE826/MC7354 combo and put the sim back in the hotspot, I got an email from VZW asking me to confirm that I had changed my device FROM the hotspot TO the hotspot. Oddly there was no mention of the MC7354, however there had never been any mention/notification of the change to the MOFI.

The MOFI did have a 7455 but I figured for the limited amount of signal in this location I could get away with the 7354 for much less money.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

You might be right. Ive personally never tested it.

Did you use MBIM mode for protocol? Im not entirely sure its needed, but all the devices aive run on Verizon had to use MBIM drivers/protocol
willmw

Post by willmw »

I think it defaulted to QMI. Not sure how to change it, but will research unless it's something simple enough that you don't mind dropping the commands here or can easily point me to same.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

start with:

Code: Select all

AT!ENTERCND="A710"
then should try:

Code: Select all

AT!UDUSBCOMP?
and tell us what it says.

Here is the command manual:
4118014 AirPrime EM73xx-MC73xx AT Command Reference.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
willmw

Post by willmw »

AT!ENTERCND="A710"
OK

AT!UDUSBCOMP?
!UDUSBCOMP: 6

OK

There is currently no SIM in the device as I'm not onsite and the SIM is there in the jetpack currently in use. Based on the manual, I believe this confirms QMI. I will peruse the manual further.

From the manual appears there are several settings that show MBIM. Which to choose? I tested with 8 to verify that my understanding of the syntax was correct and the AT!UDUSBCOMP? returned 8 as expected.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

The one with the most interfaces. Im mobile now and cant look it up.

Return to “General and Unclassified”