Google nest wifi router with CBA850

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
catchsm0k3
Been thanked: 0

Google nest wifi router with CBA850

Post by catchsm0k3 »

I am noticing an issue when connecting my CBA850 to the google nest wifi router where the speeds decrease significantly.

On my iPhone LTE I get about 50-100mps depending on the day and when connected through ethernet from the CBA850 to my laptop the speed drops to about 20-30.

The issue is when I connect my cba850 to the google nest wifi router that speed drops down to about 10mps based on speedtest.net and even less from the google wifi application. The results are the same if I connect to ethernet from my laptop to the google nest wifi or just go on wifi.

I've also updated the cba850 to use IP passthrough to prevent double NAT issues, it made things feel snappier but still the same speeds

any ideas, is this just a bad router for this type of thing?
Didneywhorl

Re: Google nest wifi router with CBA850

Post by Didneywhorl »

Hmmm

Your saying your iphone gets 50-100Mbps on its own connection? Or through the CBA via WiFi? Because your saying the speeds drop when connected via eth to your pc. Are we comparing the 2 different cellular connections? Or are you saying your experiencing different speeds from the same connection using different hardware to use said connection?
catchsm0k3

Post by catchsm0k3 »

Hey -

To answer your question the iPhone on the same t-mobile network gets 50-100mps on it's own LTE.

I just ran a speed test with the ethernet connected the CBA850 to my PC directly (not on IP Passthrough and not connected to the wifi router) and got 65mps.

When I connect my PC to the google wifi router either on ethernet or through wifi my speed drops to sub 10mps. When I am using the google nest wifi router it's connected to the cba850 through IP passthrough
catchsm0k3

Post by catchsm0k3 »

To add to the comment above -> When I connect the CBA850 to the google nest wifi router I've tried both on LAN 1 (Nat) and LAN 2 (IP passthrough) and the speeds are the same.

It seems like the router is the bottle neck but I don't know if it's a bad configuration on my CBA850 or with google
Viper67857

Post by Viper67857 »

Is there a VPN setup on the nest? That can throttle your speeds if the router cpu can't handle it.
catchsm0k3

Post by catchsm0k3 »

Viper67857 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:04 pm Is there a VPN setup on the nest? That can throttle your speeds if the router cpu can't handle it.
I believe it's actually a TTL issue, its set to 114 and t-mobile throttles anything that's not 64

Return to “General and Unclassified”