Vertify what I'm Finding

Topics Related to Cell Towers, Frequencies and Bands
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Greenday1

Vertify what I'm Finding

Post by Greenday1 »

I'm looking to switch my current service for an LTE option and am hoping to get some help verifying what I'm finding for coverage and nearby tower.

BillA thanks for the thread on providers. It looks like Tmobile does cover our area and based on links in the "Tower to Router" thread we appear to have a tower about 2500' from our house among other towers in the area that are further away. I don't know anyone with Tmobile to know if its worth persuing them. I have Verizon for phones so they I'm sure would be a decent backup as our cell service has never been a problem and a speed test on my phone in our basement still reaches ~30mb.

If the $60 Tmobile prepaid is essentially a month to month would trying to setup with them be a waste?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BillA

Re: Vertify what I'm Finding

Post by BillA »

Greenday1 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:11 am I'm looking to switch my current service for an LTE option and am hoping to get some help verifying what I'm finding for coverage and nearby tower.

BillA thanks for the thread on providers. It looks like Tmobile does cover our area and based on links in the "Tower to Router" thread we appear to have a tower about 2500' from our house among other towers in the area that are further away. I don't know anyone with Tmobile to know if its worth persuing them. I have Verizon for phones so they I'm sure would be a decent backup as our cell service has never been a problem and a speed test on my phone in our basement still reaches ~30mb.

If the $60 Tmobile prepaid is essentially a month to month would trying to setup with them be a waste?

Thanks

I can tell you from 20+ years of mobile experience, that while tower maps give you a general idea about coverage, there's nothing better than actually trying it with a live service. In order to try it without any cost of commitments, using a borrowed phone on a particular carrier is the preferred method. However, if you can't find one with the service you would like to test, then the cheapest alternative is one month of prepaid service with no contract. Verizon based PagePlus is $55/mo, and Tmobile based SimpleMobile is $50/mo.
bukzin
Been thanked: 0

Re: Vertify what I'm Finding

Post by bukzin »

The Visible service, which uses Verizon towers, has a SIM only plan. Its month to month and $25 after their Party Plan discount.

That discount is super simple as you have no commitments or strings with the other folks in your Party.

Return to “Towers, Frequencies and Bands”