WG3526 and MC7455

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
kylesfishin
Has thanked: 0

WG3526 and MC7455

Post by kylesfishin »

I recently received a WG3526 and Mc7455. I set everything up following the tutorials on this site with TTL of 65. I've ordered a Page Plus Sim card but haven't received it yet so I wanted to test the router modem so I put the Sim card from current Verizon phone/plan with unlimited data.

I immediately received and email from Verizon:

Subject: An account member is trying to use an incompatible device.

Body: Someone on your account has switched from the Galaxy to the by moving SIM cards. This change, however, will not work because the SIM is on an unlimited plan and incompatible with . We recommend replacing the SIM in the original or other compatible device.

After putting the Sim back into my phone, 4G wouldn't work until I reset my APN and restarted a few times.

So, I'm wondering if something on my router/modem is setup incorrectly or if Verizon is just blocking my modem for some reason?
Didneywhorl

Re: WG3526 and MC7455

Post by Didneywhorl »

No, your modem has a different imei that identifies the device, than your phone. Verizon is getting very strict on using phone accounts in modem/router/hotspot configs. Especially if the device wasnt the first one seen using that SIM.

Others on here may have advice on how to bypass that, but Im not in the know on that.
BillA

Post by BillA »

kylesfishin wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:37 pm I recently received a WG3526 and Mc7455. I set everything up following the tutorials on this site with TTL of 65. I've ordered a Page Plus Sim card but haven't received it yet so I wanted to test the router modem so I put the Sim card from current Verizon phone/plan with unlimited data.

I immediately received and email from Verizon:

Subject: An account member is trying to use an incompatible device.

Body: Someone on your account has switched from the Galaxy to the by moving SIM cards. This change, however, will not work because the SIM is on an unlimited plan and incompatible with . We recommend replacing the SIM in the original or other compatible device.

After putting the Sim back into my phone, 4G wouldn't work until I reset my APN and restarted a few times.

So, I'm wondering if something on my router/modem is setup incorrectly or if Verizon is just blocking my modem for some reason?

Luckily PagePlus being a reseller, is not as strict as Verizon themselves.... course they could start enforcing it at any time.
kylesfishin
Has thanked: 0

Post by kylesfishin »

Great. Hopefully I'll be good to go with Pageplus for a while then. Thanks!
shwaba

Post by shwaba »

kylesfishin wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:25 pm Great. Hopefully I'll be good to go with Pageplus for a while then. Thanks!
Where you able to get up and running on PagePlus?

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”