How to enable LTE Roaming in Wifix?

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
tambutso

How to enable LTE Roaming in Wifix?

Post by tambutso »

Hello all. I have a ZBT1326 v5 with Quectel EC25-AF modem with TMobile SIM. Got the chance to go out in the rural areas. Found some dead spots because music streaming stopped. I have another phone iPhone7plus and I noticed it’s getting good roaming signal from UScellular. So my question is how do I enable roaming for the Quectel Modem.its on qmi mode. so far i have tried ssh with uqmi and everytime i set roaming to “any”, i get “device not set”. is there any GUI menu i can use to enable roaming? any help is welcome.
BillA

Re: How to enable LTE Roaming in Wifix?

Post by BillA »

tambutso wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:17 pm Hello all. I have a ZBT1326 v5 with Quectel EC25-AF modem with TMobile SIM. Got the chance to go out in the rural areas. Found some dead spots because music streaming stopped. I have another phone iPhone7plus and I noticed it’s getting good roaming signal from UScellular. So my question is how do I enable roaming for the Quectel Modem.its on qmi mode. so far i have tried ssh with uqmi and everytime i set roaming to “any”, i get “device not set”. is there any GUI menu i can use to enable roaming? any help is welcome.

You could try these AT commands which seem to be universal on most Quectel modems.
It should take affect immediately, but you may want to restart the modem/router for good measure.

Roam settings
Before changing settings, check your current value via:
AT+QCFG?

Disable roaming
AT+QCFG="roamservice",0,1

Enable roaming
AT+QCFG="roamservice",1,1

Auto roaming (try both values 2 and 255)
AT+QCFG="roamservice",2,1
AT+QCFG="roamservice",255,1

Network mode
Before changing settings, check your current value via:
AT+QCFG?

Auto
AT+QCFG="nwscanmode",0,1

GSM only
AT+QCFG="nwscanmode",1,1

WCDMA only
AT+QCFG="nwscanmode",2,1

LTE only