Venn mobile wont connect

Sierra Wireless AirPrime Modem Card Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
brad2388
Has thanked: 0

Venn mobile wont connect

Post by brad2388 »

Using either the mc7455 and the em7511 using a sprint sim from venn mobile. It will work in att hotspot but it wont work with the generic firmware in either.
BillA

Re: Venn mobile wont connect

Post by BillA »

brad2388 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:42 pm Using either the mc7455 and the em7511 using a sprint sim from venn mobile. It will work in att hotspot but it wont work with the generic firmware in either.

Sprint based services are sometimes tricky to configure properly.
Try flashing the modem with the latest firmware, and in settings change the firmware image to Sprint.
You will also need to change the IMEI assigned to the SIM in the network for it to work, by either calling customer service or possibly through your online account (look for something like equipment/IMEI update). Most carriers don't like their phone service being used in a router, so if you need to talk to them just play it off it's a GPS tracking device for your car. ;)

Any Sprint experts out there should be able to chime in on this for further help.
terryjett

Re: Venn mobile wont connect

Post by terryjett »

Using either the mc7455 and the em7511 using a sprint sim from venn mobile. It will work in att hotspot but it wont work with the generic firmware in either.
I have spent many hours experimenting with Sprint MVNO and the em7455. Was never successful in getting connection. Not saying it is not possible, but sure has taken me for spin. Calling couple of the MVNO providers got me no where.

I found one device that worked with a Sprint MVNO (band 41 only) and it is of course from The Wireless Haven ;) Seriously though it is from The Wireless Haven but worked for me after some tweaks discovered here on forum:

http://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&sid=60cc35605d86477c0d7522f7311b298f#p4659

Some of those settings may help or may not, but very good info!

The The Wireless Haven product is https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/antennas/4g-lte ... t-band-41/

Maybe some others that have been successful with MC/EMXXXX will see this thread and share some tips. I too would love to hear what others have come up with.

BTW: I might just give Venn Mobile a try, pretty good deal. Have they been around long?

Return to “Sierra Wireless Modems”