T77W968 DW5821e and T-Mobile One/Magenta plan, not compatible?

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
tambutso

T77W968 DW5821e and T-Mobile One/Magenta plan, not compatible?

Post by tambutso »

So I have sourced out a T77W968 DW5821e M.2 modem. My LTE Router recognizes the modem but will not connect. Status is stuck at "connecting". I tried using it in a PC, Windows 10 recognizes it and installs driver for it. I get a connection to the modem, recognizes my SIM as T-Mobile, but does not connect (no IP assigned).

What do you guys think is happening here? I think T-Mobile recognizes the IMEI of this card, knows it's a laptop LTE modem, and disables connection.Do you guys have any suggestions on how to get this modem working with T-Mobile One/Magenta Plan? I don't have a tablet plan to test nor another SIM like ATT tablet plan. I really like the modem, I really wish I could make this work.

Hoping to hear from those who have worked with this modem.
BillA

Re: T77W968 DW5821e and T-Mobile One/Magenta plan, not compatible?

Post by BillA »

tambutso wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:03 pm So I have sourced out a T77W968 DW5821e M.2 modem. My LTE Router recognizes the modem but will not connect. Status is stuck at "connecting". I tried using it in a PC, Windows 10 recognizes it and installs driver for it. I get a connection to the modem, recognizes my SIM as T-Mobile, but does not connect (no IP assigned).

What do you guys think is happening here? I think T-Mobile recognizes the IMEI of this card, knows it's a laptop LTE modem, and disables connection.Do you guys have any suggestions on how to get this modem working with T-Mobile One/Magenta Plan? I don't have a tablet plan to test nor another SIM like ATT tablet plan. I really like the modem, I really wish I could make this work.

Hoping to hear from those who have worked with this modem.

First, try the sim card in a phone to make sure you can at least call and go online in the browser.
If it works in a phone, check the APN in the modem settings.
That's all you can really do, just hope it's not a hardware locked or engineering sample modem (neither will work properly).
tambutso

Post by tambutso »

Yes this SIM is working perfectly in a Quectel EC25-AF, and on my LG android phone before that. I will try your other suggestions. Per the seller this should be unlocked. On their website they have a prototype pictured but the one sent to me appears to have no indication of being an engineering sample. I tried it on Windows 10, which does support this modem and has built-in drivers, it recognizes my SIM as T-Mobile but gets not connection (no IP) just like in the modem. I fear this is on T-Mobile's end. I tried using this SIM on one of their 4G hotspot devices, and it exhibits very similar behavior (gets no IP)
BillA

Post by BillA »

tambutso wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:56 pm Yes this SIM is working perfectly in a Quectel EC25-AF, and on my LG android phone before that. I will try your other suggestions. Per the seller this should be unlocked. On their website they have a prototype pictured but the one sent to me appears to have no indication of being an engineering sample. I tried it on Windows 10, which does support this modem and has built-in drivers, it recognizes my SIM as T-Mobile but gets not connection (no IP) just like in the modem. I fear this is on T-Mobile's end. I tried using this SIM on one of their 4G hotspot devices, and it exhibits very similar behavior (gets no IP)

After the sim didn't work in the modem, have your tried it again a phone? Just to see if it got flagged for some reason.
I've never experienced a standard Tmobile plan's sim not working in a modem/router, but I've read that putting a hotspot specific sim into a phone or router won't work.

Not getting an IP could be due to the APN not being set up properly.
Send these AT commands to the modem, either in Windows or in the router to check the current APN settings.

AT+CGDCONT? < To check the APN's
AT+CGDCONT=? < To check the APN format

If you're not getting a response, then either you're sending the command to the wrong port or in fact the hardware is locked to the laptop it was made for exclusively.
tambutso

Post by tambutso »

Thank you for the suggestions, here is what I'm getting using the AT commands you gave.

AT+CGDCONT?
+CGDCONT: 1,"IPV4V6","","0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0",0,0,0,0
+CGDCONT: 2,"IPV4V6","ims","0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0",0,0,0,0
+CGDCONT: 3,"IPV4V6","","0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0",0,0,0,0

OK

AT+CGDCONT=?
+CGDCONT: (1-42),"IP",,,(0-3),(0-4),(0-1),(0-1)
+CGDCONT: (1-42),"PPP",,,(0-3),(0-4),(0-1),(0-1)
+CGDCONT: (1-42),"IPV6",,,(0-3),(0-4),(0-1),(0-1)
+CGDCONT: (1-42),"IPV4V6",,,(0-3),(0-4),(0-1),(0-1)

OK

Just after this test, I took the SIM out of the module, put in in my android phone and it still receives service. Data works ok in the phone.
tambutso

Post by tambutso »

olivia.maill wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:28 am I have the same problems. Thanks for solving.
Hi olivia. So you have this modem too (T77W968) and you also used T-Mobile's SIM? No connection as well?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

tambutso wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:01 am Thank you for the suggestions, here is what I'm getting using the AT commands you gave.

AT+CGDCONT?
The TMO APN is not being programmed into the modem. You can try:

Code: Select all

AT+CGDCONT=1,"ipv4v6","fast.t-mobile.com"
Thereafter, you can run the AT+CGDCONT? command again to see it the modem accepted it.
BillA

Post by BillA »

tambutso wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:01 am Thank you for the suggestions, here is what I'm getting using the AT commands you gave.

AT+CGDCONT?

If the IPv4v6 APN doesn't work, then you can try setting it to IPv4 only via this command.
I have found that IPv4v6 doesn't seem to work with some carriers, while IPv4 always works and also makes it easier to manage certain settings in the router (port forwarding, etc).

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","fast.t-mobile.com"

reboot the router, then pull another status via

AT+CGDCONT?

and make sure it shows

+CGDCONT: 1,"IP","fast.t-mobile.com","0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0",0,0,0,0

If the APN doesn't stick after a reboot, then you have a problem with either the modem's hardware/software, or the router keeps overwriting it with a blank APN.
tambutso

Post by tambutso »

thank you for the updates.will be testing this. I always thought the ROOter APN setting was able to do this, which is what I did prior to these suggestions. will be testing and get back with results

update: I don't understand what's going on here. Now when I check status, the modem is no longer giving me a response.I have found the thread on flashing firmware on this thing on Linux and I think that is my only option left.
BillA

Post by BillA »

tambutso wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:09 pm thank you for the updates.will be testing this. I always thought the ROOter APN setting was able to do this, which is what I did prior to these suggestions. will be testing and get back with results

update: I don't understand what's going on here. Now when I check status, the modem is no longer giving me a response.I have found the thread on flashing firmware on this thing on Linux and I think that is my only option left.

It's possible that the router's firmware doesn't have the proper drivers for this particular modem, or it's sending the wrong APN command, however you can correct that with the previously posted CGDCONT commands.
If you're not getting any response from the modem, make sure you're sending the AT command to the proper port. Some modems created multiple "diag" and "modem" ports in device manger so you'll just have to try sending an "AT" alone multiple times to each port to see which one responds (that is if you have the modem in an external usb adapter). If it's inside the router and not getting any response, try repowering the router a couple of times.
Keep in mind, trying to use "cheap" laptop branded modems will likely give you headaches, thus it's best to stick with true and tried models like the Sierra MC7455/EM7511/EM7565 or Quectel EC25-AF/EP06-A/EM12G etc.
tambutso

Post by tambutso »

so I have better success in Windows 10, and I am able to see that you guys are right. In the properties of this modem, there is no LTE APN programmed. There is no option for me to edit or put in one. Although I can add an Internet APN. for some reason even if I did add in the T-Mobile APN (fast.t-mobile.com), it still will not give me a connection. I do see a few COM ports, I have an application COM, NMEA COM and Diagnostic COM.

On Windows, how does one issue AT commands to the modem? I read something about Putty. I did serial, picked the Application COM, and baud set to 9600 (I think). I am stuck to a terminal with no way for me to input anything.

Also, If I do manage to program the APN in there, will that survive a reboot or a power cycle?

Thank you. I am confident now that the issue is the blank/missing APN in the module. Just getting in there is the issue. Will try the router again if I get any success that I had earlier.
BillA

Post by BillA »

tambutso wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:50 pm so I have better success in Windows 10, and I am able to see that you guys are right. In the properties of this modem, there is no LTE APN programmed. There is no option for me to edit or put in one. Although I can add an Internet APN. for some reason even if I did add in the T-Mobile APN (fast.t-mobile.com), it still will not give me a connection. I do see a few COM ports, I have an application COM, NMEA COM and Diagnostic COM.

On Windows, how does one issue AT commands to the modem? I read something about Putty. I did serial, picked the Application COM, and baud set to 9600 (I think). I am stuck to a terminal with no way for me to input anything.

Also, If I do manage to program the APN in there, will that survive a reboot or a power cycle?

Thank you. I am confident now that the issue is the blank/missing APN in the module. Just getting in there is the issue. Will try the router again if I get any success that I had earlier.

In Windows go to Device Manger > right click Modems > Properties > Advanced > Extra Initialization Commands > copy and paste this line:

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","fast.t-mobile.com"

Disconnect then reconnect the modem.
Set up a dialup connection in Windows Networking using the dialing number: *99#
Try to connect using the dial-up connection.
If it works, then you're good to go, otherwise check to see if the APN has in fact changed to "fast.t-mobile.com"
Go to any terminal and send this command to the MODEM port right AFTER a dialing attempt (do not reset/restart the modem):

AT+CGDCONT?

The router sends the APN a little differently, so try to see if you can at least connect in Windows first.
OptimusPrime

Post by OptimusPrime »

Were you able to get this to work?
tambutso

Post by tambutso »

unfortuntely no. I am still looking for solutions to make this card work with T-Mobile. Seller stated this should be an unlocked card, but there is no way for me to tell. I am hoping I could get this flashed to the latest generic firmware, hoping that would work.
OptimusPrime

Post by OptimusPrime »

tambutso wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:26 am unfortuntely no. I am still looking for solutions to make this card work with T-Mobile. Seller stated this should be an unlocked card, but there is no way for me to tell. I am hoping I could get this flashed to the latest generic firmware, hoping that would work.
The Modem has generic firmware already on it and switches dynamically. e.g. you can make it go to generic in ModemManger by changing the MCCMNC mapping in

/usr/share/ModemManager/mm-dell-dw5821e-carrier-mapping.conf
e.g.:

# Sprint
310120=Sprint
to

# Sprint
310120=GCF
MM doesn't have a mapping for this card for TMo, so it would use generic (GCF) firmware and switch the modem to that by default.
Yipzy

Post by Yipzy »

OptimusPrime wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:35 pm The Modem has generic firmware already on it and switches dynamically. e.g. you can make it go to generic in ModemManger by changing the MCCMNC mapping in

/usr/share/ModemManager/mm-dell-dw5821e-carrier-mapping.conf
Hey OptimusPrime,

Sorry I haven't been active and saw your question in the other thread just now. I am glad you figured out most of the quirks of this particular modem by the looks of it. I have since moved on to LM960A018 & EM20-G in particular after I found out the T77W968 didn't really support 4x4 MIMO. But my way of getting that modem to work was to flash in between each iteration of the firmware and find the one that worked pretty much. Furthermore, I found out how to change some of the card's hidden configurations along the way through one of the Dell's firmware exe file.

QCMB SDK Tool [Version 1.0.1.3]
Command List :

FirmwareVersion         Get Firmware Revision.
        GetFWVersion  0/1/2     Get Firmware Revision.
        GetFWSwitching          Get SIMBase FwSwitch NV : 30024 value.
        FWSwitchingLock         Set SIMBase FwSwitch NV : 30024 lock.
        FWSwitchingUnLock       Set SIMBase FwSwitch NV : 30024 unlock.
        Setofflinemode          Set Operating Offline Mode.
        SetOnLineMode           Set Operating Online Mode.
        GetNormalOperatingMode  Get Normal Operating  Mode.
        Win8_Mode_MBIM_EXT      WIN8 Change Device into MBIM_EXT Mode.
        Win8_Mode_MBIM          WIN8 Change Device into MBIM Mode.
        Change_9x40_DL_Mode     Change Device into Fastboot download Mode.
        Change_9x40_reboot      Reset Module in Normal Mode.
        ChangeDeviceMode <Num>  Change Device into operation mode.
        Set_AGPS_ON             Set AGPS ON.
        Set_AGPS_OFF            Set AGPS OFF.
        Get_AGPS_Status         Get AGPS Status.
        Set_DPR_Mode:ON         Set DPR ON.
        Set_DPR_Mode:OFF        Set DPR OFF.
        Set_DPR_Mode:AUTO       Set DPR Auto.
        Get_DPR_Status          Get current DPR status.
        Set_GNSS_ON_OffLine     Set GPS ON (Offline mode).
        Set_GNSS_OFF_OffLine    Set GPS OFF (Offline mode).
        Get_GNSS_Value          Get GPS Status.
        Set_AutoSensing_ON      Set GPS Auto Sensing On.
        Set_AutoSensing_OFF     Set GPS Auto Sensing Off.
        Get_AutoSensing_State   Get GPS Auto Sensing State
        Get_EFS_NV_Value        Get EFS NV Value.
        Set_EFS_NV_Value        Set EFS NV Value.
        Get_NV_Value Value      Get NV(4212,4953,4954,6861,22982,23764) one Value.
        Get_NV_Value -b         Get NV(4212,4953,4954,6861,22982,23764) all Value.
        Set_NV_Value Value      Set NV(4212,4953,4954,6861,22982,23764) one Value.
        Set_NV_Value -r         Set NV(4212,4953,4954,6861,22982,23764) all Value.
        Get_NV                  Get NV Value.
        Set_NV                  Set NV Value.
        Get_NV_Path             Get NV path Value.
        Set_NV_Path             Set NV path Value.
        Get_SUPL                Get NV 30029.
        Set_SUPL <Value>        Set NV 30029. Enable or disable 30029 .
        NotifyPowerState <Value>    Connect standby .
        SwitchModeReboot <Second>   WIN8 Switch Mode reboot .
        BSTSet                  Set BST table of Verizon(For Amstel).
        BSTGet                  Get BST table of Verizon(For Amstel).
        Get_SUPL_Operation_Mode    Get SUPL Operation Mode .
        Set_SUPL_Operation_Mode    ½/3/4/5/6  (DEFAULT/MSB/MSA/STANDLONE/CELL_ID/WWAN)
        Get_GPS_Position_Method    Get GPS Position Method
        Set_GPS_Position_Method    0/1/2/3   (Hybrid/SUPL/XTRA/Standlone)
        Get_SUPL_TLS               SUPL Transport Layer Security
        Set_SUPL_TLS               1/0  (enable/disable)
        Get_SUPL_Version           Get SUPL Version
        Set_SUPL_Version           0010/0020    (1.0 / 2.0)
        Get_SUPL_Server_Port       Get SUPL Server Port
        Set_SUPL_Server_Port       xxxx (e.g. 7276)
        Get_SUPL_Server_Addr       Get SUPL Server Addr
        Set_SUPL_Server_Addr       xxxx  (e.g. supl.google.com)
        Get_DPR_INFO                    Get DPR INFO
        Set_DPR_INFO                    Set DPR INFO (Need DPR_Table_Dell.txt)
        Set_MIPI_Status         Set MIPI Status (enable(1)/disable(0))
        Get_MIPI_Status         Get MIPI Status
        Set_MIPI_INFO           Set MIPI INFO
        Unlock_Cust_Kit         Unlock customer kit
        Lock_Cust_Kit           Lock customer kit
OptimusPrime

Post by OptimusPrime »

Yipzy wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:21 pm
Hey OptimusPrime,

Sorry I haven't been active and saw your question in the other thread just now. I am glad you figured out most of the quirks of this particular modem by the looks of it. I have since moved on to LM960A018 & EM20-G in particular after I found out the T77W968 didn't really support 4x4 MIMO. But my way of getting that modem to work was to flash in between each iteration of the firmware and find the one that worked pretty much. Furthermore, I found out how to change some of the card's hidden configurations along the way through one of the Dell's firmware exe file.
Hi, I am sorry, but I diddn't see this reply. Not sure if this forum has notification or not.

What did you mean by it didn't really support 4X4 MIMO?

Also, how did you get that tool to work to change hidden configs?
Yipzy

Post by Yipzy »

OptimusPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:32 pm Hi, I am sorry, but I diddn't see this reply. Not sure if this forum has notification or not.

What did you mean by it didn't really support 4X4 MIMO?

Also, how did you get that tool to work to change hidden configs?
The tool is packaged in one of the Dell software versions for Dell Laptop with DW5821e https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehgk3peprbyhq ... 1.zip?dl=0 you might need a dell laptop with the modem in a USB enclosure connected to use QCMB_SDK_Tool.exe via command prompt on Windows. I have only tested with my Dell laptop.

The modem is advertised with 4x4 MIMO but upon closer look at its NV item 00028874 it doesn't seem to have it configured.

28874Decoder: https://github.com/HandyMenny/28874Decoder

CA Combos:

38C2C 4*
40C2A-40C2 8 
12A2A-25A2 4 
12A2-25A2A 4 
40C2C 4*
41A2A-41D2 8 
1A2A-18A2 4 
1A2-18A2A 4 
42C2C 4*
41C2C-41C2 8*
20A2A-40A2 4 
5B2B 2 
42C2A-42C2 8 
26A2A-46A2 4 
8B2B 2 
48C2A-48C2 8 
2A2A-17A2 4 
2A2-17A2A 4 
40E2A 8 
2A2A-28A2 4 
2A2-28A2A 4 
41E2A 8 
4A2A-17A2 4 
4A2-17A2A 4 
42E2A 8 
4A2A-28A2 4 
4A2-28A2A 4 
48E2A 8 
5A2A-25A2 4 
5A2-25A2A 4 
41D2C 6*
5A2A-38A2 4 
5A2A-41A2 4 
8A2A-39A2 4 
14A2A-66A2-66A2 6 
14A2-66A2A-66A2 6 
1A2A-20A2-42A2 6 
1A2-20A2A-42A2 6 
1A2A-28A2-42A2 6 
1A2-28A2A-42A2 6 
1A2A-3A2-26A2 6 
1A2-3A2A-26A2 6 
1A2-3A2-26A2A 6 
1A2A-3A2-38A2 6 
1A2-3A2A-38A2 6 
1A2A-7A2-42A2 6 
1A2-7A2A-42A2 6 
20A2A-38C2 6 
25A2A-25A2-26A2 6 
25A2-25A2-26A2A 6 
26A2A-41C2 6 
29A2-66A2A-66A2 6 
2A2A-14A2-30A2 6 
2A2-14A2A-30A2 6 
2A2-14A2-30A2A 6 
2A2A-4A2-13A2 6 
2A2-4A2A-13A2 6 
2A2-4A2-13A2A 6 
2A2A-7A2-66A2 6 
2A2-7A2A-66A2 6 
2A2-7A2-66A2A 6 
39A2-41C2C 6*
39A2A-41C2 6 
39C2C-41A2 6*
39C2-41A2A 6 
3A2A-20A2-42A2 6 
3A2-20A2A-42A2 6 
3A2A-3A2-20A2 6 
3A2-3A2-20A2A 6 
3A2A-40A2-40A2 6 
3A2A-42A2-42A2 6 
3A2A-7A2-42A2 6 
3A2-7A2A-42A2 6 
3A2A-7B2 4 
3A2-7B2A 4 
3A2A-8A2-38A2 6 
3A2-8A2A-38A2 6 
3C2C-7A2 6*
3C2-7A2A 6 
4A2A-4A2-13A2 6 
4A2-4A2-13A2A 6 
4A2A-4A2-7A2 6 
4A2-4A2-7A2A 6 
5A2A-40A2-40A2 6 
5A2A-40C2 6 
5A2A-7C2 6 
5A2-7C2A 6 
7A2A-20A2-32A2 6 
7A2-20A2A-32A2 6 
7A2A-20A2-42A2 6 
7A2-20A2A-42A2 6 
7B2A-28A2 4 
7B2-28A2A 4 
7C2C-28A2 6*
7C2-28A2A 6 
8A2A-40C2 6 
8A2A-41C2 6 
8A2A-42C2 6 
12A2A-30A2-66A2-66A2 8 
12A2-30A2A-66A2-66A2 8 
12A2-30A2-66A2A-66A2 8 
12A2A-46D2 8 
1A2A-1A2-3A2-28A2 8 
1A2-1A2-3A2A-28A2 8 
1A2-1A2-3A2-28A2A 8 
1A2A-1A2-3A2-5A2 8 
1A2-1A2-3A2A-5A2 8 
1A2-1A2-3A2-5A2A 8 
1A2A-3A2-3A2-8A2 8 
1A2-3A2A-3A2-8A2 8 
1A2-3A2-3A2-8A2A 8 
1A2A-3A2-5A2-40A2 8 
1A2-3A2A-5A2-40A2 8 
1A2-3A2-5A2A-40A2 8 
1A2A-3A2-5A2-7A2 8 
1A2-3A2A-5A2-7A2 8 
1A2-3A2-5A2A-7A2 8 
1A2-3A2-5A2-7A2A 8 
1A2A-3A2-7A2-20A2 8 
1A2-3A2A-7A2-20A2 8 
1A2-3A2-7A2A-20A2 8 
1A2-3A2-7A2-20A2A 8 
1A2A-3A2-7A2-7A2 8 
1A2-3A2A-7A2-7A2 8 
1A2-3A2-7A2A-7A2 8 
1A2A-3A2-7A2-8A2 8 
1A2-3A2A-7A2-8A2 8 
1A2-3A2-7A2A-8A2 8 
1A2-3A2-7A2-8A2A 8 
1A2A-3A2-8A2-40A2 8 
1A2-3A2A-8A2-40A2 8 
1A2-3A2-8A2A-40A2 8 
1A2A-3C2-28A2 8 
1A2-3C2A-28A2 8 
1A2-3C2-28A2A 8 
1A2A-3C2-41A2 8 
1A2-3C2A-41A2 8 
1A2A-3C2-5A2 8 
1A2-3C2A-5A2 8 
1A2-3C2-5A2A 8 
1A2-3C2C-8A2 8*
1A2A-3C2-8A2 8 
1A2-3C2-8A2A 8 
1A2A-42D2 8 
1A2A-5A2-7A2-7A2 8 
1A2-5A2A-7A2-7A2 8 
1A2-5A2-7A2A-7A2 8 
1C2A-3A2-41A2 8 
1C2-3A2A-41A2 8 
25A2A-41D2 8 
28A2A-46D2 8 
2A2A-12A2-30A2-66A2 8 
2A2-12A2A-30A2-66A2 8 
2A2-12A2-30A2A-66A2 8 
2A2-12A2-30A2-66A2A 8 
2A2A-12A2-66A2-66A2 8 
2A2-12A2A-66A2-66A2 8 
2A2-12A2-66A2A-66A2 8 
2A2A-12A2-66C2 8 
2A2-12A2A-66C2 8 
2A2-12A2-66C2A 8 
2A2A-29A2-30A2-66A2 8 
2A2-29A2-30A2A-66A2 8 
2A2-29A2-30A2-66A2A 8 
2A2A-2A2-12A2-30A2 8 
2A2-2A2-12A2A-30A2 8 
2A2-2A2-12A2-30A2A 8 
2A2A-2A2-12A2-66A2 8 
2A2-2A2-12A2A-66A2 8 
2A2-2A2-12A2-66A2A 8 
2A2A-2A2-13A2-66A2 8 
2A2-2A2-13A2A-66A2 8 
2A2-2A2-13A2-66A2A 8 
2A2A-2A2-29A2-30A2 8 
2A2-2A2-29A2-30A2A 8 
2A2A-2A2-30A2-66A2 8 
2A2-2A2-30A2A-66A2 8 
2A2-2A2-30A2-66A2A 8 
2A2A-2A2-4A2-12A2 8 
2A2-2A2-4A2A-12A2 8 
2A2-2A2-4A2-12A2A 8 
2A2A-2A2-4A2-4A2 8 
2A2-2A2-4A2A-4A2 8 
2A2A-2A2-4A2-5A2 8 
2A2-2A2-4A2A-5A2 8 
2A2-2A2-4A2-5A2A 8 
2A2A-2A2-5A2-30A2 8 
2A2-2A2-5A2A-30A2 8 
2A2-2A2-5A2-30A2A 8 
2A2A-2A2-5B2 6 
2A2-2A2-5B2A 6 
2A2A-30A2-66A2-66A2 8 
2A2-30A2A-66A2-66A2 8 
2A2-30A2-66A2A-66A2 8 
2A2A-4A2-12A2-30A2 8 
2A2-4A2A-12A2-30A2 8 
2A2-4A2-12A2A-30A2 8 
2A2-4A2-12A2-30A2A 8 
2A2A-4A2-12B2 6 
2A2-4A2A-12B2 6 
2A2-4A2-12B2A 6 
2A2A-4A2-29A2-30A2 8 
2A2-4A2A-29A2-30A2 8 
2A2-4A2-29A2-30A2A 8 
2A2A-4A2-4A2-12A2 8 
2A2-4A2A-4A2-12A2 8 
2A2-4A2-4A2-12A2A 8 
2A2A-4A2-4A2-5A2 8 
2A2-4A2A-4A2-5A2 8 
2A2-4A2-4A2-5A2A 8 
2A2A-4A2-5A2-30A2 8 
2A2-4A2A-5A2-30A2 8 
2A2-4A2-5A2A-30A2 8 
2A2-4A2-5A2-30A2A 8 
2A2A-4A2-5B2 6 
2A2-4A2A-5B2 6 
2A2-4A2-5B2A 6 
2A2A-4A2-7A2-12A2 8 
2A2-4A2A-7A2-12A2 8 
2A2-4A2-7A2A-12A2 8 
2A2-4A2-7A2-12A2A 8 
2A2A-4A2-7A2-7A2 8 
2A2-4A2A-7A2-7A2 8 
2A2-4A2-7A2A-7A2 8 
2A2A-4A2-7C2 8 
2A2-4A2A-7C2 8 
2A2-4A2-7C2A 8 
2A2A-5A2-30A2-66A2 8 
2A2-5A2A-30A2-66A2 8 
2A2-5A2-30A2A-66A2 8 
2A2-5A2-30A2-66A2A 8 
2A2A-5A2-66A2-66A2 8 
2A2-5A2A-66A2-66A2 8 
2A2-5A2-66A2A-66A2 8 
2C2A-12A2-30A2 8 
2C2-12A2A-30A2 8 
2C2-12A2-30A2A 8 
2C2A-29A2-30A2 8 
2C2-29A2-30A2A 8 
2C2A-5A2-30A2 8 
2C2-5A2A-30A2 8 
2C2-5A2-30A2A 8 
3A2A-3A2-7A2-7A2 8 
3A2-3A2-7A2A-7A2 8 
3A2A-3A2-7A2-8A2 8 
3A2-3A2-7A2A-8A2 8 
3A2-3A2-7A2-8A2A 8 
3A2A-41D2 8 
3A2A-46D2 8 
3A2A-5A2-7A2-7A2 8 
3A2-5A2A-7A2-7A2 8 
3A2-5A2-7A2A-7A2 8 
3A2A-7A2-7A2-8A2 8 
3A2-7A2A-7A2-8A2 8 
3A2-7A2-7A2-8A2A 8 
3A2A-7C2-20A2 8 
3A2-7C2A-20A2 8 
3A2-7C2-20A2A 8 
3C2A-41C2 8 
3C2A-7A2-20A2 8 
3C2-7A2A-20A2 8 
3C2-7A2-20A2A 8 
3C2-7C2C 8*
3C2A-7C2 8 
40C2A-42C2 8 
40C2-42C2A 8 
41A2A-42D2 8 
41A2-42D2A 8 
41C2C-42C2 8*
41C2-42C2A 8 
41D2A-42A2 8 
41D2-42A2A 8 
66A2A-66A2-48A2-48A2 8 
4A2A-46A2-46C2 8 
4A2A-46D2 8 
4A2A-4A2-12A2-30A2 8 
4A2-4A2-12A2A-30A2 8 
4A2-4A2-12A2-30A2A 8 
4A2A-4A2-12B2 6 
4A2-4A2-12B2A 6 
4A2A-4A2-29A2-30A2 8 
4A2-4A2-29A2-30A2A 8 
4A2A-4A2-5A2-30A2 8 
4A2-4A2-5A2A-30A2 8 
4A2-4A2-5A2-30A2A 8 
4A2A-4A2-5B2 6 
4A2-4A2-5B2A 6 
4A2A-5B2-30A2 6 
4A2-5B2A-30A2 6 
4A2-5B2-30A2A 6 
5A2A-30A2-66A2-66A2 8 
5A2-30A2A-66A2-66A2 8 
5A2-30A2-66A2A-66A2 8 
5A2A-66A2-66B2 6 
5A2-66A2A-66B2 6 
5A2A-66A2-66C2 8 
5A2-66A2A-66C2 8 
5A2A-66D2 8 
5A2-66D2A 8 
8A2A-46D2 8 
13A2A-66A2-46D2 10 
13A2-66A2A-46D2 10 
13A2A-66A2-48A2-48C2 10 
13A2-66A2A-48A2-48C2 10 
13A2A-48C2-48C2 10 
13A2A-66B2-48C2 8 
13A2-66B2A-48C2 8 
13A2A-66C2-48C2 10 
13A2-66C2A-48C2 10 
13A2A-66A2-48D2 10 
13A2-66A2A-48D2 10 
13A2A-48E2 10 
1A2A-3A2-19A2-42C2 10 
1A2-3A2A-19A2-42C2 10 
1A2-3A2-19A2A-42C2 10 
1A2A-3A2-7C2-28A2 10 
1A2-3A2A-7C2-28A2 10 
1A2-3A2-7C2A-28A2 10 
1A2-3A2-7C2-28A2A 10 
1A2A-3C2-40C2 10 
1A2-3C2A-40C2 10 
1A2A-3C2-7C2 10 
1A2-3C2A-7C2 10 
1A2-3C2-7C2A 10 
1A2A-41C2-42C2 10 
1A2A-5A2-46D2 10 
1A2-5A2A-46D2 10 
1A2A-7A2-46D2 10 
1A2-7A2A-46D2 10 
28A2A-41C2-42C2 10 
2A2A-13A2-46D2 10 
2A2-13A2A-46D2 10 
2A2A-13A2-66A2-66B2 8 
2A2-13A2A-66A2-66B2 8 
2A2-13A2-66A2A-66B2 8 
2A2A-13A2-66A2-66C2 10 
2A2-13A2A-66A2-66C2 10 
2A2-13A2-66A2A-66C2 10 
2A2A-13A2-66D2 10 
2A2-13A2A-66D2 10 
2A2-13A2-66D2A 10 
2A2A-2A2-12B2-66A2 8 
2A2-2A2-12B2A-66A2 8 
2A2-2A2-12B2-66A2A 8 
2A2A-2A2-46D2 10 
2A2A-2A2-5A2-66B2 8 
2A2-2A2-5A2A-66B2 8 
2A2-2A2-5A2-66B2A 8 
2A2A-2A2-5A2-66C2 10 
2A2-2A2-5A2A-66C2 10 
2A2-2A2-5A2-66C2A 10 
2A2A-2A2-66A2-66B2 8 
2A2-2A2-66A2A-66B2 8 
2A2A-2A2-66A2-66C2 10 
2A2-2A2-66A2A-66C2 10 
2A2A-66A2-46A2-46C2 10 
2A2-66A2A-46A2-46C2 10 
2A2A-66A2-46D2 10 
2A2-66A2A-46D2 10 
2A2A-66A2-48A2-48C2 10 
2A2-66A2A-48A2-48C2 10 
2A2A-66A2-48D2 10 
2A2-66A2A-48D2 10 
2A2A-48E2 10 
2A2A-5A2-46D2 10 
2A2-5A2A-46D2 10 
2A2A-5B2-30A2-66A2 8 
2A2-5B2A-30A2-66A2 8 
2A2-5B2-30A2A-66A2 8 
2A2-5B2-30A2-66A2A 8 
2A2A-5B2-66A2-66A2 8 
2A2-5B2A-66A2-66A2 8 
2A2-5B2-66A2A-66A2 8 
2A2A-5B2-66C2 8 
2A2-5B2A-66C2 8 
2A2-5B2-66C2A 8 
2C2A-5B2-30A2 8 
2C2-5B2A-30A2 8 
2C2-5B2-30A2A 8 
39C2A-41D2 10 
39C2-41D2A 10 
3A2A-28A2-40D2 10 
3A2-28A2A-40D2 10 
3A2A-28A2-41A2-42C2 10 
3A2-28A2A-41A2-42C2 10 
3A2A-28A2-41C2-42A2 10 
3A2-28A2A-41C2-42A2 10 
3A2A-40E2 10 
3A2A-41C2-42C2 10 
3C2A-7C2-28A2 10 
3C2-7C2A-28A2 10 
3C2-7C2-28A2A 10 
66A2A-66A2-46D2 10 
66B2A-48A2-48C2 8 
66C2A-48A2-48C2 10 
66A2A-48C2-48C2 10 
66A2A-48E2 10 
5A2A-66A2-46D2 10 
5A2-66A2A-46D2 10 
5A2A-7A2-46D2 10 
5A2-7A2A-46D2 10 
5B2A-30A2-66A2-66A2 8 
5B2-30A2A-66A2-66A2 8 
5B2-30A2-66A2A-66A2 8 
5B2A-66A2-66B2 6 
5B2-66A2A-66B2 6

Number of combos: 406
Max streams per combo: 10
"How to interpret the output:

The Carrier Aggregation Combos are written in a format similar to that used by Qualcomm in the carrier_policy.xml.
For each combo there is a list of bands separated by a dash.
For each band the first number indicates the lte band, the first letter the Bandwidth Class DL, the second number the Supported MIMO Capability DL, the second letter the Bandwidth Class UL (if absent this band is not used for UL). At the end of each combo there is a number indicating the maximum number of DL streams and a possible asterisk which if present indicates the presence of Upload Carrier Aggregation."
OptimusPrime

Post by OptimusPrime »

Yipzy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:05 amthe second number the Supported MIMO Capability DL
I assume you are suggesting that this second number should be a 4 somewhere in the list to claim 4x4 MIMO?
Yipzy

Post by Yipzy »

OptimusPrime wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:20 am I assume you are suggesting that this second number should be a 4 somewhere in the list to claim 4x4 MIMO?
That is correct. I personally attached 4 antennas to it and the speed made no difference at all compare to my EM20-G just to confirm what I already knew looking through the CA combos.
OptimusPrime

Post by OptimusPrime »

Yipzy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:51 am That is correct. I personally attached 4 antennas to it and the speed made no difference at all compare to my EM20-G just to confirm what I already knew looking through the CA combos.
Since you have both EM20-G and LM960 - (not sure of your carrier). What is your opinion of the better modem?
Yipzy

Post by Yipzy »

EM20-G definitely. It has more CA combos and more open so you could change some settings via AT commands whereas LM960A18 is more locked down and has fewer CA combos. Unless you really need band 71 that will significantly increase your output, otherwise I wouldn't even get it and go with EM20-G. I was able to get EM20-G to connect and use 4CA (66+66+2+13) vs 3CA (66+66+2 or 66+66+13) on my LM960A18 for Verizon on the same tower.
OptimusPrime

Post by OptimusPrime »

Yipzy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:55 pm EM20-G definitely. It has more CA combos and more open so you could change some settings via AT commands whereas LM960A18 is more locked down and has fewer CA combos. Unless you really need band 71 that will significantly increase your output, otherwise I wouldn't even get it and go with EM20-G. I was able to get EM20-G to connect and use 4CA (66+66+2+13) vs 3CA (66+66+2 or 66+66+13) on my LM960A18 for Verizon on the same tower.
Good to know. I use Sprint and it seems LM960 has better support for B25 and B41. The Fibocom L860-GL would have been ideal but sadly no linux driver support for the PCIe interface.

I like the fact the EM20-G is more open and hate LM960 is locked down and I hope it doesn't bite me later on when I need to change IMEI etc. if I go with it.
Yipzy

Post by Yipzy »

OptimusPrime wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:05 pm Good to know. I use Sprint and it seems LM960 has better support for B25 and B41. The Fibocom L860-GL would have been ideal but sadly no linux driver support for the PCIe interface.

I like the fact the EM20-G is more open and hate LM960 is locked down and I hope it doesn't bite me later on when I need to change IMEI etc. if I got with it.
I wouldn't put too much emphasis on B25 and it hasn't been implemented in my area for Sprint for 4CA (B25+3xB41 with no MIMO support on LM960A18. But 3CA B41(20Mhz each) is good enough with 4X4 MIMO support. You probably will get 10-20mbps DL extra speed with B25 unless you are going for the upload speed which helps a lot with B25 because Sprint's upload speed is abysmal. I'll let you compare the CA combos for both modems.

LM960A18

AT#LCFC                                                                                                                 

#LCFC: 1,2(1900) 4(1700) 5(850) 7(2600) 12(700a) 13(700c) 14(700ps) 17(700b) 25(1900) 26(850) 29(700d) 30(2300) 41(TD250
0) 46(TD Unlicensed) 48(TD3600) 66(1700) 71(600),[2A]-[4A] [2A]-5A 2A-7A [2A]-12A [2A]-14A [2A]-29A 2A-30A [2A]-46A [2A]
-48A [2A]-[66A] [2A]-71A [4A]-5A 4A-7A [4A]-12A [4A]-29A 4A-30A [4A]-46A [4A]-71A 5A-30A 5A-[66A] 7A-12A 12A-30A 12A-[66
A] 14A-30A 14A-[66A] [25A]-26A 25A-41A 26A-[41A] 29A-30A 29A-[66A] 30A-66A 46A-[66A] 48A-[66A] [66A]-71A [2A]-[2A] [4A]-
[4A] [25A]-[25A] [41A]-[41A] 48A-48A [66A]-[66A] [2C] 5B 7C 12B [41C] 48C [66B] [66C] [2A]-2A-5A 2A-[2A]-5A [2A]-2A-12A 
2A-[2A]-12A 2A-2A-30A [2A]-2A-66A 2A-[2A]-66A 2A-2A-[66A] [2A]-2A-71A 2A-[2A]-71A [2A]-4A-4A 2A-[4A]-4A 2A-4A-[4A] [2A]-
4A-5A 2A-[4A]-5A [2A]-4A-12A 2A-[4A]-12A [2A]-4A-29A 2A-[4A]-29A 2A-4A-30A [2A]-4A-71A 2A-[4A]-71A 2A-5A-30A [2A]-5A-66A
 2A-5A-[66A] 2A-7A-12A 2A-12A-30A [2A]-12A-66A 2A-12A-[66A] [2A]-12B 2A-14A-30A [2A]-14A-66A 2A-14A-[66A] 2A-29A-30A 2A-
30A-66A [2A]-46A-46A [2A]-46A-66A 2A-46A-[66A] [2A]-46C [2A]-48A-48A [2A]-48C [2A]-48A-66A 2A-48A-[66A] [2A]-66A-66A 2A-
[66A]-66A 2A-66A-[66A] [2A]-66A-71A 2A-[66A]-71A [2A]-[66C] [2A]-66C 2A-[66C] [4A]-4A-5A 4A-[4A]-5A 4A-4A-7A [4A]-4A-12A
 4A-[4A]-12A 4A-4A-30A [4A]-4A-71A 4A-[4A]-71A 4A-5A-30A 4A-7A-12A 4A-12A-30A [4A]-12B 4A-29A-30A [4A]-46A-46A [4A]-46C 
5A-30A-66A 5A-[66A]-66A 5A-66A-[66A] 5A-[66C] 12A-30A-66A 12A-[66A]-66A 12A-66A-[66A] 12A-[66C] 14A-30A-66A 14A-[66A]-66
A 14A-66A-[66A] [25A]-25A-26A 25A-[25A]-26A 25A-41C 26A-[41C] 29A-30A-66A 29A-[66A]-66A 29A-66A-[66A] 30A-66A-66A [41A]-
[41C] [41A]-41C 41A-[41C] [41D] 46C-[66A] 48A-48C 48D 48A-48A-[66A] 48C-[66A] [66A]-66A-71A 66A-[66A]-71A 2A-2A-5A-30A 2
A-2A-5A-66A 2A-2A-12A-30A 2A-2A-12A-66A 2A-2A-29A-30A 2A-2A-66A-66A 2A-2A-66A-71A [2A]-2A-66C 2A-[2A]-66C 2A-2A-[66C] 2A
-4A-4A-12A 2A-4A-5A-30A 2A-4A-7A-12A 2A-4A-12A-30A 2A-5A-30A-66A 2A-5A-66A-66A 2A-5B-30A [2A]-5B-66A 2A-5B-[66A] 2A-12A-
30A-66A 2A-12A-66A-66A 2A-29A-30A-66A 2A-46A-46A-66A [2A]-46A-46C [2A]-46C-66A 2A-46C-[66A] [2A]-46D 2A-66A-66A-71A 2A-6
6C-71A [2C]-66A-66A 2C-[66A]-66A 2C-66A-[66A] 4A-4A-12A-30A [4A]-46A-46C [4A]-46D 5A-30A-66A-66A 5B-30A-66A 5B-66A-66A 1
2A-30A-66A-66A 25A-41D 29A-30A-66A-66A [41A]-41D [41C]-41C 41C-[41C] 41E 46A-46C-[66A] 46D-[66A] 48D-[66A] 48E 2A-2A-46D
 2A-5B-30A-66A 2A-5B-66A-66A 2A-46A-46C-66A 2A-46D-66A 5B-30A-66A-66A 46D-66A-66A UL_2A-5A UL_2A-12A UL_4A-12A UL_5A-66A
 UL_5B UL_41C

[] denotes 4x4 MIMO support for LM960A18

EM20-G

1A2A-3A2-19A2 6 
1A2-3A2A-19A2 6 
1A2-3A2-19A2A 6 
1A2A-3A4-7A4-7A4 14 
1A2-3A4A-7A4-7A4 14 
1A2-3A4-7A4A-7A4 14 
1A2A-18A2 4 
1A2-18A2A 4 
1A2A-41A2 4 
1A2-41A2A 4 
1A2A-42A2 4 
1A2-42A2A 4 
1A4A-1A4 8 
1A4A-3A4 8 
1A4-3A4A 8 
1A4A-3A4-3A4 12 
1A4-3A4A-3A4 12 
1A4A-3A4-3A4-8A2 14 
1A4-3A4A-3A4-8A2 14 
1A4-3A4-3A4-8A2A 14 
1A4A-3A4-5A2-7A4 14 
1A4-3A4A-5A2-7A4 14 
1A4-3A4-5A2A-7A4 14 
1A4-3A4-5A2-7A4A 14 
1A4A-3A4-7A4 12 
1A4-3A4A-7A4 12 
1A4-3A4-7A4A 12 
1A4A-3A4-7A4 12 
1A4-3A4A-7A4 12 
1A4-3A4-7A4A 12 
1A4A-3A4-7A4-7A2 14 
1A4-3A4A-7A4-7A2 14 
1A4-3A4-7A4A-7A2 14 
1A4A-3A4-7A4-8A2 14 
1A4-3A4A-7A4-8A2 14 
1A4-3A4-7A4A-8A2 14 
1A4-3A4-7A4-8A2A 14 
1A4A-3A4-7A4-20A2 14 
1A4-3A4A-7A4-20A2 14 
1A4-3A4-7A4A-20A2 14 
1A4-3A4-7A4-20A2A 14 
1A4A-3A4-7A4-28A2 14 
1A4-3A4A-7A4-28A2 14 
1A4-3A4-7A4A-28A2 14 
1A4-3A4-7A4-28A2A 14 
1A4A-3A4-7C4-28A2 18 
1A4-3A4A-7C4-28A2 18 
1A4-3A4-7C4A-28A2 18 
1A4-3A4-7C4-28A2A 18 
1A4A-3A4-8A2 10 
1A4-3A4A-8A2 10 
1A4-3A4-8A2A 10 
1A4A-3A4-19A2 10 
1A4-3A4A-19A2 10 
1A4-3A4-19A2A 10 
1A4A-3A4-20A2 10 
1A4-3A4A-20A2 10 
1A4-3A4-20A2A 10 
1A4A-3A4-38A4 12 
1A4-3A4A-38A4 12 
1A4-3A4-38A4A 12 
1A4A-3A4-41A4 12 
1A4-3A4A-41A4 12 
1A4-3A4-41A4A 12 
1A4A-3C4-5A2 14 
1A4-3C4A-5A2 14 
1A4-3C4-5A2A 14 
1A4A-3C4-7A4 16 
1A4-3C4A-7A4 16 
1A4-3C4-7A4A 16 
1A4A-3C4-7C4 20 
1A4-3C4A-7C4 20 
1A4-3C4-7C4A 20 
1A4A-3C4-8A2 14 
1A4-3C4A-8A2 14 
1A4-3C4-8A2A 14 
1A4A-3C4-28A2 14 
1A4-3C4A-28A2 14 
1A4-3C4-28A2A 14 
1A4A-3C4-41A4 16 
1A4-3C4A-41A4 16 
1A4-3C4-41A4A 16 
1A4A-5A2 6 
1A4-5A2A 6 
1A4A-7A4 8 
1A4-7A4A 8 
1A4A-7A4-20A2 10 
1A4-7A4A-20A2 10 
1A4-7A4-20A2A 10 
1A4A-8A2 6 
1A4-8A2A 6 
1A4A-18A2 6 
1A4-18A2A 6 
1A4A-18A2-28A2 8 
1A4-18A2A-28A2 8 
1A4-18A2-28A2A 8 
1A4A-19A2 6 
1A4-19A2A 6 
1A4A-26A2 6 
1A4-26A2A 6 
1A4A-28A2 6 
1A4-28A2A 6 
1A4A-38A2 6 
1A4-38A2A 6 
1A4A-40A4 8 
1A4-40A4A 8 
1A4A-40C4 12 
1A4-40C4A 12 
1A4A-41A4 8 
1A4-41A4A 8 
1A4A-41C4 12 
1A4-41C4A 12 
1A4A-42A2-42A2 8 
1A4-42A2A-42A2 8 
1C2C 4*
2A2A-2A2-5A2-30A4-66A4 14 
2A2-2A2-5A2A-30A4-66A4 14 
2A2-2A2-5A2-30A4A-66A4 14 
2A2-2A2-5A2-30A4-66A4A 14 
2A2A-2A2-5A2-66A4-66A4 14 
2A2-2A2-5A2A-66A4-66A4 14 
2A2-2A2-5A2-66A4A-66A4 14 
2A2A-2A2-12A2-30A4-66A4 14 
2A2-2A2-12A2A-30A4-66A4 14 
2A2-2A2-12A2-30A4A-66A4 14 
2A2-2A2-12A2-30A4-66A4A 14 
2A2A-2A2-12A2-66A4-66A4 14 
2A2-2A2-12A2A-66A4-66A4 14 
2A2-2A2-12A2-66A4A-66A4 14 
2A2A-2A4-5A2-30A2-66A4 14 
2A2-2A4-5A2A-30A2-66A4 14 
2A2-2A4-5A2-30A2A-66A4 14 
2A2-2A4-5A2-30A2-66A4A 14 
2A2A-2A4-66A4-66A4 14 
2A2-2A4-66A4A-66A4 14 
2A2A-5A2-30A2-66A4-66A4 14 
2A2-5A2A-30A2-66A4-66A4 14 
2A2-5A2-30A2A-66A4-66A4 14 
2A2-5A2-30A2-66A4A-66A4 14 
2A2A-5A2-30A4-66A4-66A2 14 
2A2-5A2A-30A4-66A4-66A2 14 
2A2-5A2-30A4A-66A4-66A2 14 
2A2-5A2-30A4-66A4A-66A2 14 
2A2A-12A2-30A2-66A4-66A4 14 
2A2-12A2A-30A2-66A4-66A4 14 
2A2-12A2-30A2A-66A4-66A4 14 
2A2-12A2-30A2-66A4A-66A4 14 
2A2A-12A2-30A4-66A4-66A2 14 
2A2-12A2A-30A4-66A4-66A2 14 
2A2-12A2-30A4A-66A4-66A2 14 
2A2-12A2-30A4-66A4A-66A2 14 
2A4A-2A2-5A2-30A4-66A2 14 
2A4-2A2-5A2A-30A4-66A2 14 
2A4-2A2-5A2-30A4A-66A2 14 
2A4-2A2-5A2-30A4-66A2A 14 
2A4A-2A2-5A2-66A4-66A2 14 
2A4-2A2-5A2A-66A4-66A2 14 
2A4-2A2-5A2-66A4A-66A2 14 
2A4A-2A2-12A2-30A2-66A4 14 
2A4-2A2-12A2A-30A2-66A4 14 
2A4-2A2-12A2-30A2A-66A4 14 
2A4-2A2-12A2-30A2-66A4A 14 
2A4A-2A2-12A2-30A4-66A2 14 
2A4-2A2-12A2A-30A4-66A2 14 
2A4-2A2-12A2-30A4A-66A2 14 
2A4-2A2-12A2-30A4-66A2A 14 
2A4A-2A2-12A2-66A4-66A2 14 
2A4-2A2-12A2A-66A4-66A2 14 
2A4-2A2-12A2-66A4A-66A2 14 
2A4A-2A4 8 
2A4A-2A4-4A4 12 
2A4-2A4-4A4A 12 
2A4A-2A4-4A4-4A4 16 
2A4-2A4-4A4A-4A4 16 
2A4A-2A4-4A4-5A2 14 
2A4-2A4-4A4A-5A2 14 
2A4-2A4-4A4-5A2A 14 
2A4A-2A4-5A2 10 
2A4-2A4-5A2A 10 
2A4A-2A4-5A2-30A2-66A2 14 
2A4-2A4-5A2A-30A2-66A2 14 
2A4-2A4-5A2-30A2A-66A2 14 
2A4-2A4-5A2-30A2-66A2A 14 
2A4A-2A4-5A2-30A4 14 
2A4-2A4-5A2A-30A4 14 
2A4-2A4-5A2-30A4A 14 
2A4A-2A4-5A2-66A2-66A2 14 
2A4-2A4-5A2A-66A2-66A2 14 
2A4-2A4-5A2-66A2A-66A2 14 
2A4A-2A4-5A2-66A4 14 
2A4-2A4-5A2A-66A4 14 
2A4-2A4-5A2-66A4A 14 
2A4A-2A4-5A2-66B4 14 
2A4-2A4-5A2A-66B4 14 
2A4-2A4-5A2-66B4A 14 
2A4A-2A4-5A2-66C4 18 
2A4-2A4-5A2A-66C4 18 
2A4-2A4-5A2-66C4A 18 
2A4A-2A4-12A2 10 
2A4-2A4-12A2A 10 
2A4A-2A4-12A2-30A2-66A2 14 
2A4-2A4-12A2A-30A2-66A2 14 
2A4-2A4-12A2-30A2A-66A2 14 
2A4-2A4-12A2-30A2-66A2A 14 
2A4A-2A4-12A2-30A4 14 
2A4-2A4-12A2A-30A4 14 
2A4-2A4-12A2-30A4A 14 
2A4A-2A4-12A2-66A2-66A2 14 
2A4-2A4-12A2A-66A2-66A2 14 
2A4-2A4-12A2-66A2A-66A2 14 
2A4A-2A4-12A2-66A4 14 
2A4-2A4-12A2A-66A4 14 
2A4-2A4-12A2-66A4A 14 
2A4A-2A4-13A2 10 
2A4-2A4-13A2A 10 
2A4A-2A4-13A2-66A4 14 
2A4-2A4-13A2A-66A4 14 
2A4-2A4-13A2-66A4A 14 
2A4A-2A4-30A4 12 
2A4-2A4-30A4A 12 
2A4A-2A4-66A4 12 
2A4-2A4-66A4A 12 
2A4A-2A4-66A4-66A2 14 
2A4-2A4-66A4A-66A2 14 
2A4A-2A4-66B4 12 
2A4-2A4-66B4A 12 
2A4A-2A4-66C4 16 
2A4-2A4-66C4A 16 
2A4A-4A4 8 
2A4-4A4A 8 
2A4A-4A4-4A4 12 
2A4-4A4A-4A4 12 
2A4A-4A4-4A4-5A2 14 
2A4-4A4A-4A4-5A2 14 
2A4-4A4-4A4-5A2A 14 
2A4A-4A4-5A2 10 
2A4-4A4A-5A2 10 
2A4-4A4-5A2A 10 
2A4A-4A4-5B2 10 
2A4-4A4A-5B2 10 
2A4-4A4-5B2A 10 
2A4A-4A4-12A2 10 
2A4-4A4A-12A2 10 
2A4-4A4-12A2A 10 
2A4A-4A4-13A2 10 
2A4-4A4A-13A2 10 
2A4-4A4-13A2A 10 
2A4A-5A2 6 
2A4-5A2A 6 
2A4A-5A2-30A2-66A4-66A2 14 
2A4-5A2A-30A2-66A4-66A2 14 
2A4-5A2-30A2A-66A4-66A2 14 
2A4-5A2-30A2-66A4A-66A2 14 
2A4A-5A2-30A4 10 
2A4-5A2A-30A4 10 
2A4-5A2-30A4A 10 
2A4A-5A2-30A4-66A2-66A2 14 
2A4-5A2A-30A4-66A2-66A2 14 
2A4-5A2-30A4A-66A2-66A2 14 
2A4-5A2-30A4-66A2A-66A2 14 
2A4A-5A2-30A4-66A4 14 
2A4-5A2A-30A4-66A4 14 
2A4-5A2-30A4A-66A4 14 
2A4-5A2-30A4-66A4A 14 
2A4A-5A2-66A4 10 
2A4-5A2A-66A4 10 
2A4-5A2-66A4A 10 
2A4A-5A2-66A4-66A4 14 
2A4-5A2A-66A4-66A4 14 
2A4-5A2-66A4A-66A4 14 
2A4A-5B2 6 
2A4-5B2A 6 
2A4A-5B2-30A4 10 
2A4-5B2A-30A4 10 
2A4-5B2-30A4A 10 
2A4A-5B2-30A4-66A4 14 
2A4-5B2A-30A4-66A4 14 
2A4-5B2-30A4A-66A4 14 
2A4-5B2-30A4-66A4A 14 
2A4A-5B2-66A4 10 
2A4-5B2A-66A4 10 
2A4-5B2-66A4A 10 
2A4A-5B2-66A4-66A4 14 
2A4-5B2A-66A4-66A4 14 
2A4-5B2-66A4A-66A4 14 
2A4A-5B2-66B4 10 
2A4-5B2A-66B4 10 
2A4-5B2-66B4A 10 
2A4A-5B2-66C4 14 
2A4-5B2A-66C4 14 
2A4-5B2-66C4A 14 
2A4A-12A2 6 
2A4-12A2A 6 
2A4A-12A2-30A2-66A4-66A2 14 
2A4-12A2A-30A2-66A4-66A2 14 
2A4-12A2-30A2A-66A4-66A2 14 
2A4-12A2-30A2-66A4A-66A2 14 
2A4A-12A2-30A4 10 
2A4-12A2A-30A4 10 
2A4-12A2-30A4A 10 
2A4A-12A2-30A4-66A2-66A2 14 
2A4-12A2A-30A4-66A2-66A2 14 
2A4-12A2-30A4A-66A2-66A2 14 
2A4-12A2-30A4-66A2A-66A2 14 
2A4A-12A2-30A4-66A4 14 
2A4-12A2A-30A4-66A4 14 
2A4-12A2-30A4A-66A4 14 
2A4-12A2-30A4-66A4A 14 
2A4A-12A2-66A4-66A4 14 
2A4-12A2A-66A4-66A4 14 
2A4-12A2-66A4A-66A4 14 
2A4A-13A2 6 
2A4-13A2A 6 
2A4A-13A2-66A4 10 
2A4-13A2A-66A4 10 
2A4-13A2-66A4A 10 
2A4A-13A2-66A4-66A4 14 
2A4-13A2A-66A4-66A4 14 
2A4-13A2-66A4A-66A4 14 
2A4A-13A2-66B4 10 
2A4-13A2A-66B4 10 
2A4-13A2-66B4A 10 
2A4A-13A2-66C4 14 
2A4-13A2A-66C4 14 
2A4-13A2-66C4A 14 
2A4A-14A2 6 
2A4-14A2A 6 
2A4A-14A2-66A4 10 
2A4-14A2A-66A4 10 
2A4-14A2-66A4A 10 
2A4A-29A2 6 
2A4A-29A2-30A4 10 
2A4-29A2-30A4A 10 
2A4A-29A2-30A4-66A4 14 
2A4-29A2-30A4A-66A4 14 
2A4-29A2-30A4-66A4A 14 
2A4A-30A4 8 
2A4-30A4A 8 
2A4A-46A2-48D2-66A4 16 
2A4-46A2-48D2-66A4A 16 
2A4-46A2-48D2A-66A4 16 
2A4A-46C2-48C2-66A4 16 
2A4-46C2-48C2-66A4A 16 
2A4-46C2-48C2A-66A4 16 
2A4A-46C2-48E2 16 
2A4-46C2-48E2A 16 
2A4A-46E2-48C2 16 
2A4-46E2-48C2A 16 
2A4A-46E2-66A4 16 
2A4-46E2-66A4A 16 
2A4A-48A2 6 
2A4-48A2A 6 
2A4A-66A4 8 
2A4-66A4A 8 
2A4A-66A4-66A4 12 
2A4-66A4A-66A4 12 
2A4A-66B4 8 
2A4-66B4A 8 
2A4A-66C4 12 
2A4-66C4A 12 
2C2C 4*
3A2A-3A4-7A4-7A4 14 
3A2-3A4-7A4A-7A4 14 
3A2A-7A2-20A2-32A2 8 
3A2-7A2A-20A2-32A2 8 
3A2-7A2-20A2A-32A2 8 
3A2A-20A2-32A2 6 
3A2-20A2A-32A2 6 
3A4A-3A4 8 
3A4A-3A4-7A4 12 
3A4-3A4-7A4A 12 
3A4A-3A4-7A4-7A2 14 
3A4-3A4-7A4A-7A2 14 
3A4A-3A4-7A4-8A2 14 
3A4-3A4-7A4A-8A2 14 
3A4-3A4-7A4-8A2A 14 
3A4A-3A4-7A4-20A2 14 
3A4-3A4-7A4A-20A2 14 
3A4-3A4-7A4-20A2A 14 
3A4A-3A4-7A4-28A2 14 
3A4-3A4-7A4A-28A2 14 
3A4-3A4-7A4-28A2A 14 
3A4A-3A4-20A2 10 
3A4-3A4-20A2A 10 
3A4A-3A4-28A2 10 
3A4-3A4-28A2A 10 
3A4A-5A2 6 
3A4-5A2A 6 
3A4A-7A4 8 
3A4-7A4A 8 
3A4A-7A4-7A4 12 
3A4-7A4A-7A4 12 
3A4A-7A4-8A2 10 
3A4-7A4A-8A2 10 
3A4-7A4-8A2A 10 
3A4A-7A4-20A2 10 
3A4-7A4A-20A2 10 
3A4-7A4-20A2A 10 
3A4A-7A4-28A2 10 
3A4-7A4A-28A2 10 
3A4-7A4-28A2A 10 
3A4A-7A4-32A2 10 
3A4-7A4A-32A2 10 
3A4A-7C4-20A2 14 
3A4-7C4A-20A2 14 
3A4-7C4-20A2A 14 
3A4A-7C4-28A2 14 
3A4-7C4A-28A2 14 
3A4-7C4-28A2A 14 
3A4A-8A2 6 
3A4-8A2A 6 
3A4A-19A2 6 
3A4-19A2A 6 
3A4A-20A2 6 
3A4-20A2A 6 
3A4A-28A2 6 
3A4-28A2A 6 
3A4A-28A2-41A4 10 
3A4-28A2A-41A4 10 
3A4-28A2-41A4A 10 
3A4A-32A2 6 
3A4A-38A4 8 
3A4-38A4A 8 
3A4A-40A4-40A4 12 
3A4-40A4A-40A4 12 
3A4A-41C4 12 
3A4-41C4A 12 
3A4A-41D4 16 
3A4-41D4A 16 
3C2C 4*
3C4A-7A4-32A2 14 
3C4-7A4A-32A2 14 
3C4A-32A2 10 
4A4A-4A4 8 
4A4A-4A4-5A2 10 
4A4-4A4-5A2A 10 
4A4A-4A4-5B2 10 
4A4-4A4-5B2A 10 
4A4A-4A4-12A2 10 
4A4-4A4-12A2A 10 
4A4A-4A4-13A2 10 
4A4-4A4-13A2A 10 
4A4A-5A2 6 
4A4-5A2A 6 
4A4A-5A2-30A4 10 
4A4-5A2A-30A4 10 
4A4-5A2-30A4A 10 
4A4A-5B2 6 
4A4-5B2A 6 
4A4A-12A2 6 
4A4-12A2A 6 
4A4A-12A2-30A4 10 
4A4-12A2A-30A4 10 
4A4-12A2-30A4A 10 
4A4A-13A2 6 
4A4-13A2A 6 
4A4A-29A2 6 
4A4A-29A2-30A4 10 
4A4-29A2-30A4A 10 
4A4A-30A4 8 
4A4-30A4A 8 
4C2A 4 
5A2A-5A2 4 
5A2A-5A2-66A4 8 
5A2-5A2-66A4A 8 
5A2A-5A2-66A4-66A4 12 
5A2-5A2-66A4A-66A4 12 
5A2A-5A2-66B4 8 
5A2-5A2-66B4A 8 
5A2A-5A2-66C4 12 
5A2-5A2-66C4A 12 
5A2A-7A4 6 
5A2-7A4A 6 
5A2A-30A4 6 
5A2-30A4A 6 
5A2A-30A4-66A4 10 
5A2-30A4A-66A4 10 
5A2-30A4-66A4A 10 
5A2A-30A4-66A4-66A4 14 
5A2-30A4A-66A4-66A4 14 
5A2-30A4-66A4A-66A4 14 
5A2A-66A4 6 
5A2-66A4A 6 
5A2A-66B4 6 
5A2-66B4A 6 
5A2A-66C4 10 
5A2-66C4A 10 
5B2B 2 
5B2A-66A4-66A4 10 
5B2-66A4A-66A4 10 
5B2A-66B4 6 
5B2-66B4A 6 
5B2A-66C4 10 
5B2-66C4A 10 
7A2A-20A2-32A2 6 
7A2-20A2A-32A2 6 
7A4A-7A4-8A2 10 
7A4-7A4-8A2A 10 
7A4A-20A2 6 
7A4-20A2A 6 
7A4A-28A2 6 
7A4-28A2A 6 
7A4A-32A2 6 
7C4C 8*
7C4A-20A2 10 
7C4-20A2A 10 
12A2A-12A2 4 
12A2A-30A4 6 
12A2-30A4A 6 
12A2A-30A4-66A4 10 
12A2-30A4A-66A4 10 
12A2-30A4-66A4A 10 
12A2A-30A4-66A4-66A4 14 
12A2-30A4A-66A4-66A4 14 
12A2-30A4-66A4A-66A4 14 
12A2A-66A4 6 
12A2-66A4A 6 
12B2A 2 
13A2A-66A4 6 
13A2-66A4A 6 
13A2A-66A4-66A4 10 
13A2-66A4A-66A4 10 
13A2A-66B4 6 
13A2-66B4A 6 
13A2A-66C4 10 
13A2-66C4A 10 
14A2A-30A4 6 
14A2-30A4A 6 
14A2A-66A4 6 
14A2-66A4A 6 
14A2A-66A4-66A4 10 
14A2-66A4A-66A4 10 
18A2A-28A2 4 
18A2-28A2A 4 
20A2A-32A2 4 
25A4A 4 
28A2A-41A4 6 
28A2-41A4A 6 
28A2A-41C4 10 
28A2-41C4A 10 
29A2-30A4A 6 
29A2-66A4A 6 
30A4A-66A4 8 
30A4-66A4A 8 
30A4A-66A4-66A4 12 
30A4-66A4A-66A4 12 
38C4C 8*
39A4A-41A4 8 
39A4-41A4A 8 
39A4A-41C4 12 
39A4-41C4A 12 
39C4C 8*
39C4A-41A4 12 
39C4-41A4A 12 
40A4A-40A4 8 
40A4A-40C4 12 
40C2C 4*
41A4A-41A4 8 
41A4A-41A4-41A2 10 
41A4A-41C4 12 
41A4A-42A2 6 
41A4-42A2A 6 
41A4A-42C2 8 
41A4-42C2A 8 
41C4C 8*
41C4A-42C2 12 
41C4-42C2A 12 
42A2A-42A2 4 
42C2A 4 
48A2-66A4A 6 
48A2A-66A4 6 
66A4A-66A4 8 
66A4A-66C4 12 
66B4B 4 
66C4C 8*

Number of combos: 575
Max streams per combo: 20
"How to interpret the output:

The Carrier Aggregation Combos are written in a format similar to that used by Qualcomm in the carrier_policy.xml.
For each combo there is a list of bands separated by a dash.
For each band the first number indicates the lte band, the first letter the Bandwidth Class DL, the second number the Supported MIMO Capability DL, the second letter the Bandwidth Class UL (if absent this band is not used for UL). At the end of each combo there is a number indicating the maximum number of DL streams and a possible asterisk which if present indicates the presence of Upload Carrier Aggregation."
OptimusPrime

Post by OptimusPrime »

Thank you...I was trying to find this info for EM20-G. I heard that this module does not have production modules, just engineering samples and they will not make production ones. Any idea what that means?
Yipzy

Post by Yipzy »

Get it while you still can if you are set on it. They are probably focusing on their 5G cards and canned this project. Maybe it has to due with the profitability? Who knows? Everything is removed on their site about this card last I read.
jstever8

Post by jstever8 »

Yipzy wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:21 pm But my way of getting that modem to work was to flash in between each iteration of the firmware and find the one that worked pretty much.
Any chance you know which firmware you flashed that worked and have a copy of the exe? I have a few of these modules that are locked by Dell and I believe it's the same issue you had. In the tool you reference, the last commands (Unlock_Cust_Kit & Lock_Cust_Kit) are for "Cust Kit" which is a tool I found that is supposed to enable these radios. Only issue is that it is locked to specific Dell computers that are supposed to have this module installed.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us ... erid=100fv
matrx10503
Has thanked: 0

Post by matrx10503 »

I can officially say I am running a EA8500+T77W968 (T77W968.F1.0.0.3.5.AT f/w for reference)+T-Mo setup. I've been slowing getting things in the mail.
So far, speeds have doubled, but I have not set any custom band lock settings, just running as I got it. From ~40mbps (mc7455 card, bandlocked) to ~80mbps.
Not going to change anything until next week, give it a few days. Then i'll get to tweaking to get the best speeds I can possible. (I don't have 4x4 enabled yet, if I get 100mb+ with a little bandlocking, i'm going to leave good enough alone and leave it with my 2 external antennas..

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”