Best SIM card option for the We826-go

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Adamaldo08
Has thanked: 0

Best SIM card option for the We826-go

Post by Adamaldo08 »

I recently purchased a we826-go router and Sierra wireless 7565 modem. Finally had time to assemble everything and now ready to power up. I will be using a ATT prepaid service.(unless someone suggests different). What is the best option for the SIM card? When activating the new SIM card should I use the IMEI number of the we826 or should I activate the new sim with another iPhone IMEI number that I have as a backup? Thanks for any and all info!
BillA

Re: Best SIM card option for the We826-go

Post by BillA »

Adamaldo08 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:53 pm I recently purchased a we826-go router and Sierra wireless 7565 modem. Finally had time to assemble everything and now ready to power up. I will be using a ATT prepaid service.(unless someone suggests different). What is the best option for the SIM card? When activating the new SIM card should I use the IMEI number of the we826 or should I activate the new sim with another iPhone IMEI number that I have as a backup? Thanks for any and all info!

It's best to activate the sim card using a phone's IMEI since carriers are not too happy seeing their phone plans being used in mobile routers, and also test it inside the phone by making a couple of calls and going online on the phone's browser. This will avoid wasting a bunch of time trying to figure out why the service is not working in the router, especially on a newly activated sim card.
On a sidenote, user "Terryjett" has mentioned that the ATT iPad/Tablet plan is being shut down by ATT, so it's probably best to start looking for an alternative soon. Here's more info on a bunch of carriers > https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=5353#p5353
Adamaldo08

Post by Adamaldo08 »

Generally, can a activated sim from any carrier be used in a unlocked device? It crossed my mind to use my current active att sim and try it in a hotspot but didn’t want to mess up anything with my device or plan. After reading good and bad stuff online trying this method I didn’t know what was BS.
BillA

Post by BillA »

Adamaldo08 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:59 pm Generally, can a activated sim from any carrier be used in a unlocked device? It crossed my mind to use my current active att sim and try it in a hotspot but didn’t want to mess up anything with my device or plan. After reading good and bad stuff online trying this method I didn’t know what was BS.

Generally you should be able to, and there's nothing that cannot be fixed by calling customer service. ;)
Just keep in mind, that the carrier's TOS takes precedence over anything your read online, so your mileage may vary.
Adamaldo08

Post by Adamaldo08 »

Thank you so Much for all the help! I finally activated a prepaid att sim with unlimited data. It works a lot slower in my spare iPhone as my test unit but something isn’t the same for sure. I can lay my att monthly paid plan iphone close the the prepaid iPhone and speed test’s are way off. My monthly paid att phone gets 75 Mbps down and 25 Mbps up and the prepaid att phone gets 25 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up. Does att throttle prepaid accounts? I inserted the prepaid SIM card over to the we826 and it shows 4 bars with -90db once inside the unit settings. Still not able to access the Internet. Is there a basic list of settings to check that will fix the issue? Also you mentioned things can usually be resolved by calling tech support. Is there a tech support phone number? It would be great to talk to Live person.
BillA

Post by BillA »

Adamaldo08 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:50 pm Thank you so Much for all the help! I finally activated a prepaid att sim with unlimited data. It works a lot slower in my spare iPhone as my test unit but something isn’t the same for sure. I can lay my att monthly paid plan iphone close the the prepaid iPhone and speed test’s are way off. My monthly paid att phone gets 75 Mbps down and 25 Mbps up and the prepaid att phone gets 25 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up. Does att throttle prepaid accounts? I inserted the prepaid SIM card over to the we826 and it shows 4 bars with -90db once inside the unit settings. Still not able to access the Internet. Is there a basic list of settings to check that will fix the issue? Also you mentioned things can usually be resolved by calling tech support. Is there a tech support phone number? It would be great to talk to Live person.

ATT's prepaid plan is definitely throttled compared to their post-paid plans, unfortunately there's nothing you can do to speed it up. That's the reason why they sell prepaid cheaper, however there are other prepaid plans out there which do not throttle your speed, like PagePlus (Verizon towers) or SimpleMobile (Tmobile towers).

The low speed is a completely different issue than not working at all in the router. Try manually setting the correct date/time/zone, along with the proper APN for ATT (try: broadband / phone / nxtgenphone ). If still no go, ask JimHelms for further guidance.

I didn't mean you call customer service for help with the router (in fact don't ever do that, or mention any router to them!). If something got messed up on your account (for example flagged sim/account), move your sim into a phone so they can fix it, then move it back into the router (and pray lol).
Jasonteakwondo
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jasonteakwondo »

hey guys if anyone sees this i got a call from at&t today saying my sim is in hotspot (after 3 years lol) had issues last week w them flaggin sim moved to velocity hotspot from we-1026 and that then triggered them to screw me over. will a simple imei change to a device i own be enough to mask my we-1026? what else if any settings need to be changed iccid? ttL? vpn nessisary before i using gaming apps? please email me personally @ "myusername"@gmail.com

Return to “WiFiX Routers”