PagePlus - mc7455 possible ?

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
dan.ciprus
Been thanked: 0

PagePlus - mc7455 possible ?

Post by dan.ciprus »

I just got a sim from PagePlus and I tried to activate it. After providing IMEI of my router they said that IMEI is not compatible and that's why they will not be able to activate my sim. "Is there anything else I can help you with ?" said lady and we closed our chat. So my question would obviously be: how to activate PagePlus sim card with BYOD plan ? Is that even possible ?

thanks !
BillA

Re: PagePlus - mc7455 possible ?

Post by BillA »

dan.ciprus wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:17 pm I just got a sim from PagePlus and I tried to activate it. After providing IMEI of my router they said that IMEI is not compatible and that's why they will not be able to activate my sim. "Is there anything else I can help you with ?" said lady and we closed our chat. So my question would obviously be: how to activate PagePlus sim card with BYOD plan ? Is that even possible ?

thanks !

There are basically two issues activating PagePlus sim cards.
First, is the IMEI restriction during the initial activation.
Second, is that the sim card has to make at least one test call in a Verizon phone (not a modem), before it becomes fully active.

You can try activating the sim in a real Verizon phone (if you have one available), then put it back into the router. Only approved Verizon devices are allowed at the time of activation, but once it's activated it should work in any unlocked CDMA/LTE device, I've never had any problems using it in Quectel EP06-A modems.

In case you still need some help activating your sim card, just message me.
radec

Post by radec »

one possibility with verizon (pageplus) is you could activate your sim first on a verizon branded/whitelisted phone and then switch the sim to your router. I've done this with phones and it worked fine, never tried it on a router but I assume it would be the same.
woody123
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by woody123 »

what happens to the device when an account is cancelled, from PPlus, for instance:
is the device then kaput(blacklisted) or is it released, and can be used elsewhere?
thx

Return to “Internet Service Providers”