Franklin R850 tethering ?

HOTSPOT Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
CAL77
Been thanked: 0

Franklin R850 tethering ?

Post by CAL77 »

I posted this problem on the ROOter board, but without the ability to show pictures, it's a little hard to describe. So, my apologies to the many of you who watch Wireless Joint and ROOter for the duplicate question.

I've been running two ZTE Warp Connects (MF920VHS) in hostless mode. Worked great, no muss no fuss.

But, both units had expanding batteries, so the vendor replaced them with Franklin R850's. It seems like most people have moved past the R850's, but that's what I now have. I can't get ROOter to see that they are connected.

The modem firmware is 0.2.67.0, WebApp R850.SP31.1566 . Here's a pic of the hidden menu. Googling shows other firmware versions that specifically have a tethering option, but mine doesn't. Most of the other hidden menu options require the MSL.

Any ideas on what I can do? Thanks!
hidden.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CAL77

Re: Franklin R850 tethering ?

Post by CAL77 »

So, no hope?
RussWestrem
Has thanked: 0

Post by RussWestrem »

Openwrt does not have drivers available to run the Franklin r850. Your only option is using the hotspot manager and doing the tethering via wifi.
CAL77

Post by CAL77 »

Thanks, Russ. Would you please elaborate on doing that?

Are you suggesting a way to use the Wi-Fi radios in the (ROOter) router to tether the R850 to the ROOter, which then would re-broadcast to the wired Ethernet network going out of the router? It's not obvious to me how I do that, so I'd appreciate a pointer.

Return to “General and Unclassified”