Optimizing multi router multi antenna setup

This a discussion place for anything related to wireless
Mtr87
Been thanked: 0

Optimizing multi router multi antenna setup

Post by Mtr87 »

Hi I’m trying to get insight on my current set up to see if I’m really over complicating it. I’m worried about loosing signal and really wondering if I’m loosing so much it would be worth me reconfiguring this network, or if reconfiguring it would only gain me a little bit and not be worth the whole reset. Anyways, here’s what I got:

-3000 square ft home with no reception at all wired with CAT6 in rooms and office.
-60ft tower which at the top I get a -68 dbi with an ultraband parabolic shooting a tower about 8-10 miles out. Thats connected to 100ft of LMR400 that is connected to a hiboost cell booster that distributes a decent LTE signal throughout the house From the top of the attic

2 ft below the parabolic I have two proxicast yagis angled at 45 degrees dedicated to just data Pointing at a closer tower about 5 miles away 90 degrees from the antenna above it. Signal meter says about -75 dbi. Those are connected to an additional 100ft ( Soon to be 115ft since I need it to stretch to the living room) of LMR400 going to two external ports in the MOFI 4500 which sits in a closet.
The MOFI is in bridge mode and connected to a nighthawk router Ac2100.

I will be chaining the night hawk to a router upstairs in the office to get a direct connection and it will also be used as another access point..I guess. Probably about 30ft away from living room to upstairs office.

Based on tower congestion I’m getting about 6-11 mbps regularly. It’s been quite a journey trying to optimize my set up and I’m a little worried I just have way too much interference/signal loss with the way that it has to travel. I’d hate to tear it all down or reduce my LMR400 to shorter length and not get the signal carried to my living room if it’s only going to net me 1-3 more Mbps.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Didneywhorl

Re: Optimizing multi router multi antenna setup

Post by Didneywhorl »

If it's relatively accessable I'd love to see what you get just by doing an experiment of climbing up and attaching your MOFI to the yagis with only 10' of LMR400.

I'm assuming your testing your speeds hooked directly to the MOFI via LAN, through no other devices nor wifi, for your baseline speed testing?

Return to “OPEN | UNCLASSIFIED”