At&t Inseego (Novatel) USB800?

HOTSPOT Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
gedster314
Has thanked: 0

At&t Inseego (Novatel) USB800?

Post by gedster314 »

I picked one used on Ebay for $40.

Anyone have any info on it about band selection? Info on the web is rather sparce. There is an option in the GUI to turn on the AT port, did that but still don't see how to access it, I did install the driver. Been rustling with it on my Rooter flashed WRT1900acv1, seems to stop working after a few minutes but works fine on Windows and Ubuntu. It's using RNDIS or you can toggle CDC_ether. Dmesg doesn't bring anything else up but cdc_ether.

To see how reliable it is I wanted to run it on my WRT. Ended up pulling out a GLI AR150 I had in a drawer, I flashed their current beta for it 3.100 I think. Let me say, their build of OpenWRT has come a long way, I really like it. The USB800 is working flawlessly on the AR150. I bring up the GLI firmware in hope that it may help with future Rooter Project updates. The USB800 seems to be performing marginally better than my Nighthawk. At ATT's price of $180 I wouldn't suggest the USB800 but in the $50 ball park it is really nice.

As mentioned I am running the AR150, it's in load balancing configuration (not bonding). The USB800 is in the USB port, my Nighthawk in the Wan port and my WRT being fed by the AR150's lan port. The AR150 is under powered so I turned off wifi and anything else I wasn't using. I'm actually liking how its working in load balancing mode, it sure helps while streaming, doing other stuff at the same time and with other people on the network. At some point I'll get a VPS and play with bonding.

Any info and insight regarding the USB800 would be appreciated.
Didneywhorl

Re: At&t Inseego (Novatel) USB800?

Post by Didneywhorl »

Might try the FB group, more eyes there.

Return to “General and Unclassified”