New Padlocked AT@T Tower

Topics Related to Cell Towers, Frequencies and Bands
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
robert.lawrence
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Padlocked AT@T Tower

Post by robert.lawrence »

Any AT@T techs or employees here have access to cell tower information???

They recently installed a cell tower by my house however it has a padlock on it. I dont know if the lock was from AT@T or just a neighbor locked it.

I cant wait for this to become active!

Also if you know what bands it will transmit would be great.

BillA

Re: New Padlocked AT@T Tower

Post by BillA »

robert.lawrence wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:38 pm Any AT@T techs or employees here have access to cell tower information???

They recently installed a cell tower by my house however it has a padlock on it. I dont know if the lock was from AT@T or just a neighbor locked it.

I cant wait for this to become active!

Also if you know what bands it will transmit would be great.

It could be one of their new "Micro-Cell" to improve congestion on your block, or even a new 5G cell. Looks pretty professional, doubt that your neighbor has locked it. If it doesn't have large flat panel antennas sticking out of it, then it's most likely a new 5G cell. By the way, those Brinks combination locks can be easily picked by the Lockpicking Lawyer (LPL on YouTube) in less than 5 minutes. lol
robert.lawrence
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by robert.lawrence »

Yea was thinking about just taking the lock off. It defiantly is a new micro cell, I am working on a house in the area that has no internet and crappy cell service so I cant wait for it to be active
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Why would you take the lock off? Might fry something not finished terminating or hurt someone that isnt smart enough to check before starting their work. Might be a show though. :)
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

Let me get this straight: you want to cut the lock off of privately owned equipment and turn on the power to it?

I guarantee you they placed a lock on it and it has a purpose.

I recommend you call the number to the AT&T NOC printed on box and tell them your plans beforehand:) Bet they will find you an AT&T employee to talk too...

Return to “Towers, Frequencies and Bands”