WE826 With Mesh?

Topics related to ZBT Routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
gscheb

WE826 With Mesh?

Post by gscheb »

Hello,
Have my parents on AT&T with a WE826 router which has awesome range on it. Dad has a metal bole barn which is insulated which means it is double layered metal too. No wireless gets thru it. Not router or cell phone reception. So what I did was put an old TP-link router in the window of the barn. It repeats the signal into the barn, which works great. He can now use WiFi calling on his phone with it and use internet in the barn.
OK here is the issue, when you are in the house and get a phone call you now are on WiFi calling. Then you walk into the barn while on the phone it drops the WE826 signal and picks up the TP-Link repeater signal. In the process drops the phone call. He is a farmer and a construction worker he is back and fourth between the house and barn all the time.
Is there a product that will allow you to Mesh with the WE826? That way when he walks into the barn it sees it as the same network and doesn't drop the call?
terryjett

Re: WE826 With Mesh?

Post by terryjett »

Oh man, went through this at a large marina and had to bang my head on dock twice a day until deciding not for me:)

It can be done, but not without time and trials. Some good reading info:

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/basics/ ... fi-roaming

Ended up handing the project off to friend in the business. He got it going with new Ubiquiti AP. Know it ended up costing upwards to $900 just for equipment but never followed up how he did it.

Maybe the link I shared can help you with existing equipment...

Return to “ZBT Routers”