Airmaster 4000D Not pulling in tower signal on verified band 41

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
417linux
Has thanked: 0

Airmaster 4000D Not pulling in tower signal on verified band 41

Post by 417linux »

I just purchased the Airmaster 4000D and I'm unable to get this to receive a signal from the tower. I've verified band 41, tried multiple CAT6a cables and factory reset a few times. Connected with the POE injector and with a POE switch, it will power on the unit and I can log in through the gateway however it doesn't seem to power on the modem. My normal franklin hotspot pulls in a decent signal. Anything else I should try? Is there a recent firmware update for this device?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: Airmaster 4000D Not pulling in tower signal on verified band 41

Post by JimHelms »

Does it show that the SIM Card is ready, in other words, is it reading the SIM Card okay?
417linux

Post by 417linux »

Yes, it says the sim card is ready, I have also tried taking it out and powering it up to see if the radio information populates.
417linux

Post by 417linux »

On the Franklin router under debug info it says MCC 310 and MNC 120 / Band 41.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

While the SIM Card is in the hotspot try to update the User Profile and any other updates available. Then, remove the SIM card and reinstall in the Airmaster.

Someone on another post mentioned having to do this before it would connect.
417linux

Post by 417linux »

Sounds good, I'll try that tonight. Thanks
417linux

Post by 417linux »

The only update I was able to find besides a firmware update was an admin password update. I didn't see a "user profile" update. I still couldn't get it to connect to the tower properly after that. Any other suggestions? Do you think there may be something wrong with the unit?
stcabay1

Post by stcabay1 »

I had similar issues with my Airmaster 4000D when using it at my house. Eventually I got it working everywhere except for near my house. Was really odd, but with some setting changes I was finally able to get it going at home and it has been rock solid since. If I didn't change all of these settings nothing would seems to work. The first signal light would just blink and no signal stats would appear in the admin interface. PLMN search would bring up nothing. Here's how I got mine going:

1. Place SIM in original hotspot
2. Go to the hotspot admin page
3. Go to the "About" tab and gather the APN from the wwan area
1.PNG
4. Go to the "Debug" page and gather the MCC, MNC, Physical Cell ID and DL Channel
2.PNG
5. Connect to the Airmaster (If you've messed with things do a factory reset)
6. Enter the APN from step 3 on the Bearer Settings tab
3.PNG
7. Enter the DL Channel and Physical Cell ID from step 4 on the eNB Settings tab. Check Preferred eNB List and Enable Lock ND&S to the preferred list
4.PNG
8. Enter the MCC and MNC from step 4 on the PLMN Selection tab. Switch to Nomadic and check Allow Roaming
5.PNG
9. Straddle the DL Channel from step 4 on the ND&S tab. Select band 41 then just enter a Start Earcfn and End Earcfn that contains the value. The page will only allow a range of 15 so in my example I did 40970 to 40985 to straddle 40978
6.PNG
10. Save everything
11. Unplug the modem
12. Insert sim
13. Plug in modem

If everything worked similarly to mine you'll have a connection in about 5 minutes. Mine has been up for weeks with no noticeable disconnects
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
417linux

Post by 417linux »

I bet this will do it! I'm going to try this when I get back tonight. That looks to be the same franklin debug info page I get on my old router. Thanks for taking the time to put this together! I'll keep you posted on the results.
stcabay1

Post by stcabay1 »

Hope it work out for you. Be sure to give it at least 5 minutes to connect once you go through all the steps. A lot of people report nearly instant connections with these, but even with these settings mine takes a while. Mine even goes through a few iterations of connecting then disconnected on th admin page before it establishes. Once connected it's solid and reconnects are nearly instant
417linux

Post by 417linux »

These steps worked great! After manually plugging in all the info it instantly connected and I was able to pull in a full bar signal. This saved so much time. Thanks for posting such a good walk through! If you'd like pm me your paypal address, and I'll buy u a beer! Thanks again!
stcabay1

Post by stcabay1 »

Glad it worked! It's definitely strange that it works out of the box for so many people, but requires tweaks for us. Especially odd that with the same sim I can use it at my office with default settings, but home requires all the changes. I'd guess there has to be something different with the towers we're connecting to compared to "standard." Good news is once connected these things are really awesome!
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

@stcabay1 - Excellent information!

My SIM worked in two other devices by simply changing the APN, not with the 4000D until following your directions. Up and running with great results.

Thank you:)
S3w12000
Been thanked: 0

Post by S3w12000 »

I am having same issue and have tried everything, updated profile, reset router, manually configured as in this topic to no avail. Rhe router does recognize my sim and says not blocked, My phone and hotspot both show a band 41 so that shouldn't be the problem. Should have mentioned this before but router isn't even picking up a signal and yes I do have a good cat6a cable. Sorry so long just trying to cover all bases. Thanks in advance
stcabay1

Post by stcabay1 »

See if a factory reset followed by only updating the ND&S tab does it for you. Seems in some cases too many settings can cause issues
jairus
Been thanked: 0

Post by jairus »

Anyone with an Airmaster 4000D that can look at my setup and tell me what I'm missing? Was working great with the settings that the radio came from The Wireless Haven until a couple weeks ago. The only thing that I didn't try is enter the Cell Physical ID, i think I need an MSL for my hotspot to ge that info and had no luck getting the MSL from Sprint - account is w PCs for people. TIA

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO ... --edOM6BN
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipM ... 6lQMa5DiPn
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP ... XVczMDqRe6
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipM ... 1T5FA2LxTX
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Tmo has been actively working on rolling through the Sprint B41. You are not the only one getting effected. You MIGHT have other issues, but many people have been complaining of issues on Sprint. Not just Airmaster users. My B41 has been squirrelly lately too. I'm using all sorts of gear, not an Airmaster though.

Return to “General and Unclassified”