WE826 with an EM7455

Sierra Wireless AirPrime Modem Card Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
gscheb

WE826 with an EM7455

Post by gscheb »

Hello.
Seen a used setup like this for sale. They say it is bricked. Actually pointed them to the recovery mode and they tried it and couldn't get it to work already.
Don't know if they tried very hard think might just be over it.
So my question is if the recovery mode won't work on this if I buy it what is the worse case scenario?
Like do you think could remove the EM7455 and place it another router? And still salvage atleast the modem?
BillA

Re: WE826 with an EM7455

Post by BillA »

gscheb wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:07 am Hello.
Seen a used setup like this for sale. They say it is bricked. Actually pointed them to the recovery mode and they tried it and couldn't get it to work already.
Don't know if they tried very hard think might just be over it.
So my question is if the recovery mode won't work on this if I buy it what is the worse case scenario?
Like do you think could remove the EM7455 and place it another router? And still salvage atleast the modem?

Regardless what's the problem, if you get it at a good price (20 to 50 bucks), it's worth a shot since it's unlikely both the router's main board and the modem are bricked at the same time, and they are usually fixable. The router is more difficult to put into bootloader mode due to some tricky timing, but as long as it's not fried completely, it should be doable.

Return to “Sierra Wireless Modems”