What kind of plan will work?

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
tambutso

What kind of plan will work?

Post by tambutso »

So I intend to utilize my extra SIM card for the purposes of doing an in-car hotspot. It has unlimited full-speed LTE data with a soft cap at 50GB bandwidth, then de-prioritzed depending on traffic. This a voice,text,data SIM, with 20GB full-LTE speed hotspot, then dropped to like 3G speeds unlimited after that.

Will I be able to use an LTE router for this purpose and still be able to use my LTE data like it was being used on my phone? (meaning, full LTE speed) or will the LTE modem in the router be using the hotspot data instead (which is going to be very limited since I only get 20GB hi-speed LTE).

Thanks. Just learning about this (LTE router) after I stumbled on some random ad from my social media feed. Any feedback is welcome.
BillA

Re: What kind of plan will work?

Post by BillA »

Your phone's data and speed limits should be same even when you insert your SIM card into a router.
However, if you have a limited "hotspot" plan, then the router may be able to bypass it (mostly has to do with the TTL settings). So you might be able to bypass your 20GB hostpot limit and go all the way to 50GB, and possibly beyond. ;)
zyzyk
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by zyzyk »

Is there any information on TTL settings for each carrier? I am looking to go this route but plans all seem to have hotspot limitations.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

It seems to be collective info that isn't really posted anywhere in particular.

I've read that 65, or 64, works well with Tmobile and 117 for Verizon. I've not seen anyone ask for Sprint, and Tmobile doesn't seem to scan for it, but that last bit I'm not sure of.
Adog35

Post by Adog35 »

Are there any updates on this with regards to Verizon.
I read a number of users being deactivated with the MC7455 when swapping the sim.

My plan is to add a voice & data unlimited line using IMEI from an Android device, but use the MC7455 as the first time I activate it on the network.

Additionally, it appears there’s a way to IMEI repair the MC7455, but I was unable to find the specific AT command.

Any input and help is appreciated
BillA

Post by BillA »

Adog35 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:12 pm Are there any updates on this with regards to Verizon.
I read a number of users being deactivated with the MC7455 when swapping the sim.

My plan is to add a voice & data unlimited line using IMEI from an Android device, but use the MC7455 as the first time I activate it on the network.

Additionally, it appears there’s a way to IMEI repair the MC7455, but I was unable to find the specific AT command.

Any input and help is appreciated

It's not just a simple AT command, the modem has to be put in low level engineering mode which only some specialized equipment or remote service can do at this time .
Adog35

Post by Adog35 »

Is Verizon flagging MC7455 modems on data / voice plans? What about tablet plans or hotpot plans?

Need to know what type of plan to add to I can build my LTE router.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”