Subscriber registration failed

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
werewoofteeth
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Subscriber registration failed

Post by werewoofteeth »

We recently moved and prior to this, our modem was working completely fine but upon hooking it back up in the new place, it now gives me this

Code: Select all

Sun Dec  8 05:11:32 2019 user.notice MBIM Connect: Register with network
Sun Dec  8 05:12:34 2019 user.notice MBIM Connect: Subscriber registration failed
I've never gotten this error before and CPIN returns a ready status still. We haven't done anything else to the modem between here and the old place. We have a WE826 with a Sierra MC7455 and external antenna. Gstatus returns,

Code: Select all

at!gstatus?
!GSTATUS: 
Current Time:  3890		Temperature: 30
Reset Counter: 1		Mode:        ONLINE         
System mode:   LTE        	PS state:    Not attached 
LTE band:      No band		LTE bw:      Unknown 
LTE Rx chan:   0		LTE Tx chan: 4294967295
LTE CA state:  INACTIVE    		LTE Scell band:No band
LTE Scell bw:Unknown 		LTE Scell chan:0
EMM state:     Deregistered   	No Cell        
RRC state:     RRC Idle       
IMS reg state: No Srv  		

PCC RxM RSSI:  0		RSRP (dBm):  0
PCC RxD RSSI:  0		RSRP (dBm):  0
SCC RxM RSSI:  0		RSRP (dBm):  0
SCC RxD RSSI:  0		RSRP (dBm):  0
Tx Power:      0		TAC:         4314 (17172)
RSRQ (dB):     0.0		Cell ID:     028B1948 (42670408)
SINR (dB):     0

OK
Any help?
swwifty

Re: Subscriber registration failed

Post by swwifty »

that's odd. A few questions

1. You postive you have service at your new location?

2. you're sure the sim/plan didn't expire somehow in between the move?

if not, maybe try and factory reset the modem and see if that fixes it.
werewoofteeth
Been thanked: 0

Post by werewoofteeth »

1. I'm not, unfortunately, but I've not had service before and this generally isn't the error it gives and it will usually at least try to connect to a random band.

2. That was my second concern, technically my service is set for renewal on the 10th but they might have cut me off before that? Just weird that it happened in the short time between moves.

Factor resetting it didn't help, unfortunately. It does seem to be the sim card/sprint.
Twoods196

Post by Twoods196 »

I have this same exact issue with a setup im doing for my parents with the we826. Im on ATT an gonna be trying to get access to the online account. They have been paying the bill every month, so thats why I didnt think it was a issue their but at this point I gotta check something.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

You may try calling the carrier and tell them you are having connection issues, and ask that they reactivate your service.
BillA

Post by BillA »

werewoofteeth wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:26 pm 1. I'm not, unfortunately, but I've not had service before and this generally isn't the error it gives and it will usually at least try to connect to a random band.

2. That was my second concern, technically my service is set for renewal on the 10th but they might have cut me off before that? Just weird that it happened in the short time between moves.

Factor resetting it didn't help, unfortunately. It does seem to be the sim card/sprint.

In cases of no signal or no service, you can narrow down the issue quickly by putting the same sim card inside a regular phone, then try to make a test call and go online. If it works then the issue is most likely within your router/modem setup.
It's also possible (though unlikely) that your modem's IMEI/MEID somehow got blacklisted by the carrier (due to being an unrecognized device, unfair data usage, etc), in which case you may need to switch out to another modem.
As JimHelms has suggested, call your carrier and ask to check your IMEI/MEID (printed on the modem or from the modem's status page) just to make sure it's not blocked. You can also try a factory reset the modem using specific manufacturer reset codes.
Most Sierra modems use these reset commands:
AT!ENTERCND="A710"
AT!RMARESET=1
AT!RESET

Most non-Sierra modems use these reset commands:
AT&F
AT&F1
AT+CFUN=1
AT+RESET

Return to “General and Unclassified”