Nighthawk MR1100 "Mobile Broadband Disconnected"

Topics for Netgear Nighthawks MRxxxx Series Hotspots
Vestal
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Vestal »

I purchased a Nighthawk MR1100 and set it up on the AT&T tablet plan.

Everything worked well for a couple of weeks until one day last week I was getting ready to install my new panel antennas and when I powered up the Nighthawk it displayed the message "Mobile Broadband Disconnected. I tried a factory reset but it didn't change anything.

The SIM works fine in the tablet the plan was set up with.

Anyone have an idea of what might be going on or what I should check?

Thanks

Charles
gscheb

Re: Nighthawk MR1100 "Mobile Broadband Disconnected"

Post by gscheb »

Hello,
Don't know why this wouldn't work anymore. If you do find out that the tablet plan don't work anymore can send you a link for AT&T data plan that isn't much more. It is $49 per month and my parents are on it doing just fine. There is a one time $20 activation fee then a flat $49 per month.
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

@gscheb Could you PM me the link for AT&T plan? Attempted to send you PM and failing (something about no user with that name). Like to try that plan for aunt that lives in rural area. Thanks!
saw2645

Post by saw2645 »

The only time I saw that message was when I had it band locked to a band with no signal. I removed the band lock and rebooted and it connected fine. I hope that is your problem as well.
Vestal

Post by Vestal »

Thanks saw2645,

Will the nighthawk lock a band on it's own? It was working when I turned it off.

I will see if I can figure out how to get into the band lock section and see what is going on.

Thanks again
saw2645

Post by saw2645 »

It won’t lock by itself unless you have edited it to do so, as far as I know. But I was trying to say that is what mine said when I was getting no signal at all. If you have taken it to where you know you have good signal, then I don’t know anything else to suggest.
easternnc4me

Post by easternnc4me »

I woke up this morning to the same message on mine. Shows 2 bars. Running some errands this morning and will investigate further when I get home. Hopefully it is because of the heavy cloud cover this morning. My cousin had this issue a week ago and it was because he was not getting a signal. Moved the hot spot to another location near a window in his house and went to working fine.
LoffBione

Post by LoffBione »

Hi boy Im I happy to see that I am not the only one with this issue.my story is exactly the same as yours and Videotron is not being too helpful

Please could you tell me what,if anything fixed this issue??

Thak you so much
Vestal

Post by Vestal »

My Nighthawk is working once again.

Since we live in a fringe area for cell signal I decided to take the Nighthawk close to the tower and see if it would reconnect. It connected and worked when close to the tower but disconnected when I returned home.

The device was working fine for a couple weeks before I initially lost the data connection, not sure what might have changed.

I hooked up my panel antennas to the Nighthawk and was able to get useable speeds. The antennas did not help before I took the Nighthawk close to the tower to reconnect.

Will have to fine tune the antennas and try to increase my speeds.

Thanks everyone for your answers and help.

Charles
ira.kirby

Post by ira.kirby »

I'm having a similar issue, and can't seem to figure out why, or find any info to lead me to fix it.

Nighthawk M1 Unlocked, using a T-Mobile SIM. Shows Mobile Broadband Disconnected. It was working fine for a week with this setup, then over night it showed the error. I have a signal, and I can connect to the M1 using the IP address, but can't load anything but the router page. I can also throw my ATT SIM in and everything works fine once I switch the APN back to ATT. I've reset the M1 and reset the APN for T-Mobile and still no luck. The T-Mobile SIM works fine when I put it back in the cell phone.
BillA

Post by BillA »

Vestal wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:11 pm My Nighthawk is working once again.

Since we live in a fringe area for cell signal I decided to take the Nighthawk close to the tower and see if it would reconnect. It connected and worked when close to the tower but disconnected when I returned home.

The device was working fine for a couple weeks before I initially lost the data connection, not sure what might have changed.

I hooked up my panel antennas to the Nighthawk and was able to get useable speeds. The antennas did not help before I took the Nighthawk close to the tower to reconnect.

Will have to fine tune the antennas and try to increase my speeds.

Thanks everyone for your answers and help.

Charles

Oh that's an easy fix, just attach a pair of super long TV rabbit ears!! ... tsk-tsk jk ;D
Alright joking aside, others have reported that the M1's radio sensitivity is not the greatest, which is not that unusual on a consumer grade mobile router, coupled with its flaky antenna connectors, no wonder that it's performing poorly.
Your first option is to get a pair of high quality, high gain, preferably uni-directional flat or Yagi antennas at a 45 degree angle for polarization. Boosters seldom work, since you are mostly amplifying the noise of a poor signal.
If that doesn't help, then your last option is to ditch the M1 and get an OpenWRT router with a high sensitivity radio modem. You could also use an external enclosure, and flash a compatible consumer router with GoldenOrb as a setup. You can find all those items in the The Wireless Haven shop. ;)
leonwinters

Post by leonwinters »

ira.kirby wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:42 am I'm having a similar issue, and can't seem to figure out why, or find any info to lead me to fix it.

Nighthawk M1 Unlocked, using a T-Mobile SIM. Shows Mobile Broadband Disconnected. It was working fine for a week with this setup, then over night it showed the error. I have a signal, and I can connect to the M1 using the IP address, but can't load anything but the router page. I can also throw my ATT SIM in and everything works fine once I switch the APN back to ATT. I've reset the M1 and reset the APN for T-Mobile and still no luck. The T-Mobile SIM works fine when I put it back in the cell phone.
I am having the same issue with my Nighthawk except I had no choice but to put my SIM back into my old Unite Explore. At first (and a few days ago) it would intermittently disconnect, and a simple reboot fixed the issue; however, it seemed just overnight it will no longer connect to T-Mobile's service.
BillA

Post by BillA »

ira.kirby wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:42 am I'm having a similar issue, and can't seem to figure out why, or find any info to lead me to fix it.

leonwinters wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:00 pm I am having the same issue with my Nighthawk except I had no choice but to put my SIM back into my old Unite Explore. At first (and a few days ago) it would intermittently disconnect, and a simple reboot fixed the issue; however, it seemed just overnight it will no longer connect to T-Mobile's service.

It's also possible that you have just ran out of your monthly hotspot data allowance, and now it "seems" like it's not connecting, at least till your monthly plan cycle restarts, which can be easily bypassed via TTL settings, but the Nighthawk doesn't allow that. If you have completely unlimited hotspot data without throttling, then the above does not apply to you.

For testing purposes leave your sim card inside the router which doesn't work, and issue these commands from CMD prompt on your pc:

netsh int ipv4 set global defaultcurhoplimit=65
netsh int ipv6 set global defaultcurhoplimit=65

You can also try these other two values: 64, 117

Note that the above commands will only fix the TTL on your pc. Try to connect to any website, If it starts working that means it's likely your monthly hotspot allowance has been used up. If it still doesn't work, then you probably have some different issue than the hotspot limit.
One way to fix it is by going with an OpenWRT router with the proper TTL settings, or switch to another plan or carrier with unlimited hostspot.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Log into your Tmobile account and make sure you havent exceeded your hotspot data limit.

If so, or not, make sure you have the TTL (Time to Live) setting set to 65, or try 64, its usually a firewall setting. (I dont have a Nighthawk and do not know what fetures are available, maybe another user can help. OR lookup firewall scripts to modify TTL value on all packets and add it to your iptables/firewall rules/etc/etc
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I didn't see your reply Bill ... beat me to it
BillA

Post by BillA »

Didneywhorl wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:30 pm I didn't see your reply Bill ... beat me to it
It's all good, essentially you've said the same thing.
As far as I know there's no way to modify the TTL in the Nighthawk, being a closed system unlike OpenWRT.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Can you not ssh in and manually add rules?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Nm, "closed system" I read somewhere people were editing the nighthawks with an app called dc unlocker or something
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Could set TTL on windows computer to 64 to see if that makes it work on the computer. If it works on computer after that will know that is the issue.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Good call gscheb, theres a video on setting up the ipad plan on the nighthawk that demos that EXACT thing..... lemme dig..... found it:

https://youtu.be/oePO2PBYSp8
BillA

Post by BillA »

Didneywhorl wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:20 pm Good call gscheb, theres a video on setting up the ipad plan on the nighthawk that demos that EXACT thing..... lemme dig..... found it:

https://youtu.be/oePO2PBYSp8

The TTL settings you have posted can only be done on pc's, the rest of the non-pc devices will not get the modified TTL since it's not set inside the router. Moreover, it won't work even if you try to share the pc's internet via Windows Hotspot or Connectify. Whenever posting testing methods like this, it's a good idea to also disclose the restrictions so the tester doesn't try to connect on non-pc devices and wonder why it's not working. ;)
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Correct, its just an example of how you can test if that is for sure the issue
BillA

Post by BillA »

Didneywhorl wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:50 pm Nm, "closed system" I read somewhere people were editing the nighthawks with an app called dc unlocker or something

A friend of mine has the DC Unlocker dongle, which can repair the imei and change bands in the Nighthawk, but NOT the TTL since that's not part of the modem's baseband, rather the router's firmware (aka ClosedWRT lol).
Looks like the Nighthawk uses a similar modem as the Sierra EM7511/7565, except it's based on the Qualcomm Snapdragon X16 (MDM92x0 chipset, CAT-16, CAx4), and uses the same exact AT commands.
By the way, the bands can be set manually without any dongle, using this excellent guide.
https://mt-tech.fi/en/enable-manual-ban ... ar-mr1100/
Essentially you connect the Nighthawk to the pc via usb, select Charge+Tether in the router's settings to install the RNDIS drivers (important!), then issue the band commands through PUTTY.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

There's a few people posting on the FB page about locking on the nighthawk recently as well. Good info.
ira.kirby

Post by ira.kirby »

Good info everyone. I'll try each suggestion and update with my results. Thanks!
Jirafo

Post by Jirafo »

Hello, I'm facing the problem as your description here. I have searched the whole internet looking for similar problem but this is the only forum that is mentioned. Did you found any way around?
BillA

Post by BillA »

Jirafo wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:52 pm Hello, I'm facing the problem as your description here. I have searched the whole internet looking for similar problem but this is the only forum that is mentioned. Did you found any way around?

Carriers can use various ways (TTL, UA, packet filtering) to block your data usage on non-phone devices.
First of all, who's your carrier?
If you put the sim card back into a phone can you still browse the web? Make sure WiFi is off on your phone, just to check if you haven't run out of your mobile monthly data.

The first test I would run is a quick TTL test in a CMD prompt on your pc, just copy and paste each netsh command line below one by one. You can also try these other two values: 64, 117. Remember, this will only affect your pc, other device connected to your router will most likely not work.

If the above has worked, that means that they are using TTL blocking and you can stop right here, unfortunately there's no known way to adjust TTL on a Nighthawk, so you can either get a new OpenWRT router with TTL settings or switch to ATT.

Can you browse the web on your phone's browser but this time connected to the router's WiFi? (forget the pc for now)
As a test, try a simple UA switcher on your pc, select Google Chrome > Android Browser from the drop down list, and see if it connects. Here's more info on how to install it > https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=4674#p4674
If still not working, then try a VPN in your router, which should work but will likely slow your speeds down.
Jirafo

Post by Jirafo »

BillA wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:20 pm Carriers can use various ways (TTL, UA, packet filtering) to block your data usage on non-phone devices.
If you put the Tmobile sim back into a phone can you still browse the web? Make sure WiFi is off on your phone, just to check if you haven't run out of your mobile monthly data.

The first test I would run is a quick TTL test in a CMD prompt on your pc, just copy and paste each line one by one. You can also try these other two values: 64, 117. Remember, this will only affect your pc, other device connected to your router wouldn't work.

If the above has worked, that means that they are using TTL blocking and you can stop right here, unfortunately there's no known way to adjust TTL on a Nighthawk, so you can either get a new OpenWRT router with TTL settings or switch to ATT.

Can you browse the web on your phone's browser but this time connected to the router's WiFi? (forget the pc for now)
As a test, try a simple UA switcher on your pc, select Google Chrome > Android Browser from the drop down list, and see if it connects. Here's more info on how to install it > https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=4674#p4674
If still not working, then try a VPN in your router, which should work but will likely slow your speeds down.

Greetings, I have some knowledge on network and UA switchers, the main problem is that the nighthawk is not even connecting to the T-mo network. The SIM card I assume is ok because I still can use it my iPhone without any problem, It is a post pay plan unlimited. The T-mo antenna I can see it from my windows no further than 800 meter line of site. My iPhone is connecting to the band 66 LTE. I made a Telnet connection to the nighthawk and this are the outputs.

AT!GSTATUS?
!GSTATUS:
Current Time: 75 Mode: ONLINE
System mode: LTE PS state: Not attached
EMM state: Deregistered Attach Needed
RRC state: RRC Idle
IMS reg state: No Srv

PCC:
LTE band: B66 :!:
LTE bw: 20 MHz
LTE Rx chan: 66786
RSSI (dBm): -50.8
RSRP (dBm): -84.9
RSRQ (dB): -13.4
RSSNR (dB): 22
Tx Power (dBm):
LTE Cell ID: 19381506
Physical Cell ID: 421
TAC: 31035

----------------------------------------
AT!GSTATUS?
!GSTATUS:
Current Time: 153 Mode: ONLINE

PCC:
LTE band: B4 :!:
LTE Rx chan: 2300
RSSI (dBm): -50.0
RSRP (dBm): -83.8
RSRQ (dB): -13.8
Tx Power (dBm):
----------------------------------------------------
AT!GSTATUS?
!GSTATUS:
Current Time: 212 Mode: ONLINE

PCC:
LTE band: B12 :!:
LTE bw: 10 MHz
LTE Rx chan: 5060
RSSI (dBm): -45.4
RSRP (dBm): -73.7
RSRQ (dB): -10.4
RSSNR (dB): 10
Tx Power (dBm):
LTE Cell ID: 3365124
Physical Cell ID: 7
TAC: 1
--------------------------------------------
AT!GSTATUS?
!GSTATUS:
Current Time: 252 Mode: ONLINE
System mode: WCDMA PS state: Not attached
Tx Power (dBm):
GMM (PS) state:DEREGISTERED LIMITED SERVICE
MM (CS) state: IDLE LIMITED SERVICE

RxM RSSI C0: --- RxD RSSI C0: ---
RxM RSSI C1: --- RxD RSSI C1: ---
--------------------------------------------------
AT!GSTATUS?
!GSTATUS:Current Time: 856 Mode: ONLINE
System mode: WCDMA PS state: Attached
Tx Power (dBm): -26.0
GMM (PS) state:REGISTERED :!: NORMAL SERVICE
MM (CS) state: IDLE NORMAL SERVICE

On the only freq that I seen any "progress" is in the 1900Mhz WCDMA

Any help will be very appreciated.
BillA

Post by BillA »

Jirafo wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:30 pm Greetings, I have some knowledge on network and UA switchers, the main problem is that the nighthawk is not even connecting to the T-mo network. The SIM card I assume is ok because I still can use it my iPhone without any problem, It is a post pay plan unlimited. The T-mo antenna I can see it from my windows no further than 800 meter line of site. My iPhone is connecting to the band 66 LTE. I made a Telnet connection to the nighthawk and this are the outputs.

AT!GSTATUS?
!GSTATUS:
Current Time: 75 Mode: ONLINE

PCC:
LTE band: B66 :!:
RSSI (dBm): -50.8
RSRP (dBm): -84.9
RSRQ (dB): -13.4
Tx Power (dBm):

On the only freq that I seen any "progress" is in the 1900Mhz WCDMA

Any help will be very appreciated.

I'm glad that you pulled a status report.... your signal looks good, but "System mode: LTE PS state: Not attached" could mean that you have the wrong APN configured. Even if there was any kind of blocking by your carrier, at least the "PS state" should be showing "Conntected or Attached".
On a Nighthawk it's sometimes a bit difficult to enter a new APN for non-ATT sim cards, so you may want to check out this video on how to > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjamCF4dGCQ&t=267
Pay careful attention on how he forces the Tmobile APN by first creating a dummy ATT account then changes it to fast.t-mobile.com

After making the changes, make sure to save it, reboot the router, then go back into settings and recheck if the settings have actually stuck (check mark on in front of fast.t-mobile.com). Also in the router check to see if the "PS state" has turned to "Conntected or Attached". Once it's showing "Conntected or Attached", carrier blocking can still be in effect, then try those earlier TTL/UA suggestions.
Jirafo

Post by Jirafo »

Everything seems to be ok I followed the instruction from the video and the apn is not changing if I refresh the page, there is a command line to change it directly in telnet console? I still having the sames results after watching the video.
BillA

Post by BillA »

Jirafo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:34 pm Everything seems to be ok I followed the instruction from the video and the apn is not changing if I refresh the page, there is a command line to change it directly in telnet console? I still having the sames results after watching the video.

Though I don't have that unit myself, at least we have figured out the APN's fault for not connecting. I would assume that if you did everything to a "T" in the video (including the number of times it's needs to be rebooted), it would allow the APN to stick. Make sure that when you're entering the dummy APN, the letters may be case sensitive (create the apn name as "att", the actual apn as "att", then change the actual apn to "fast.t-mobile.com" but leave the apn name as "att"). Other than that you may want to ask JimHelms about it.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Might try using the following command:

Code: Select all

at+cgdcont=1,"ipv4v6","fast.t-mobile.com"
Jirafo

Post by Jirafo »

"promptForApnSelection":false,
"end": "" <<<<< extracted from the JSON file

"restrictedApns": "nxtgenphone;ims;pta;phone;wap.cingular",

"restrictedApnsEnabled": "true",

--------------------------------------------------------------
wwan.profile.promptForApnSelection=false <<<<< extracted from the backup file web interface

I was reading the code the only line that capture my attention are these 3 from above. Obvious ATT/software creator are blocking APN but not the one that i'm typing.

Jim, I will try your suggested command.
BillA

Post by BillA »

JimHelms wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:55 pm Might try using the following command:

That's a great idea for testing purposes, but likely the router's firmware will overwrite it upon a reboot.

The letters may be case sensitive in the router's menu, create the apn name as "att", the actual apn as "att", click the check mark in front of this entry, then change the actual apn to "fast.t-mobile.com" but leave the apn name as "att", reboot and check the settings if it sticks.
Jirafo

Post by Jirafo »

OK
AT+CGDCONT=?
AT+CGDCONT=?
+CGDCONT: (1-34),"IP",,,(0-3),(0-4),(0-1),(0-1)
+CGDCONT: (1-34),"PPP",,,(0-3),(0-4),(0-1),(0-1)
+CGDCONT: (1-34),"IPV6",,,(0-3),(0-4),(0-1),(0-1)
+CGDCONT: (1-34),"IPV4V6",,,(0-3),(0-4),(0-1),(0-1)

It took the command but apparently it make no effect on it. it is a tough one!
Jirafo

Post by Jirafo »

BillA wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:07 pm That's a great idea for testing purposes, but likely the router's firmware will overwrite it upon a reboot.

The letters may be case sensitive in the router's menu, create the apn name as "att", the actual apn as "att", then change the actual apn to "fast.t-mobile.com" but leave the apn name as "att", reboot and check the settings if it sticks.

I tried this even with the old T-mo APN the "epc" to see if made any change ... but nothing want this bad boy to connect to the tower. Also, I tried lowercase and uppercase to move that out the way and nothing.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Run this command to see if it took:

AT+CGDCONT?
Jirafo

Post by Jirafo »

JimHelms wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:27 pm Run this command to see if it took:

AT+CGDCONT?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

AT+CGDCONT?
AT+CGDCONT?
+CGDCONT: 1,"IPV4V6","fast.t-mobile.com","0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0",0,0,0,0

OK

now it looks like it took it. Can I restart it or is any other command to save this configuration previous restarting to stick to the start-up configuration?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

I would login and make sure the APN is also set in the user interface to keep it from overwriting the modem APN.

The configuration will be saved unless the M1 overwrites it.
Jirafo

Post by Jirafo »

I verified the changes and are in place, APN in the web interface is fine, rebooted the nighthawk twice and still the same. At this point can I call it a faulty unit?
BillA

Post by BillA »

JimHelms wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:39 pm I would login and make sure the APN is also set in the user interface to keep it from overwriting the modem APN.

The configuration will be saved unless the M1 overwrites it.

After your did the manual APN command, and without restarting were you able to connect to the internet?
Try to pull another status reports and see of the "PS state" is connected.
Also, after the restart, without messing with any settings enter this to see if the apn has stuck.
AT+CGDCONT?

You could also try a IPv4 instead of the IPv4v6
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","fast.t-mobile.com","",0,0
Jirafo

Post by Jirafo »

AT!GSTATUS?
AT!GSTATUS?
!GSTATUS:
Current Time: 518 Mode: ONLINE
Tx Power (dBm): -19.0
GMM (PS) state:REGISTERED NORMAL SERVICE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AT+CGDCONT?
AT+CGDCONT?
+CGDCONT: 1,"IPV4V6","fast.t-mobile.com","0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0",0,0,0,0

OK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK
AT!GSTATUS?
AT!GSTATUS?
!GSTATUS:
Current Time: 609 Mode: ONLINE

PCC:
LTE band: B66
RSSI (dBm): -47.5
RSRP (dBm): -82.8
RSRQ (dB): -15.1
RSSNR (dB): 20
Tx Power (dBm):

OK

---------------------------------------------------------------

First line is WCDMA 1900Mhz(auto scan)

BillA, No a were not able to navigate. The device is not even connecting to the tower. In the web user interface is say "T-mo 4G Disconected" if it auto scan and connects to the 1900Mhz WCDMA. If I force it to us LTE band 66 do not any status just a red logo with signal bars.
Jirafo

Post by Jirafo »

BillA,

Tried your suggestion.

AT+CGDCONT?
AT+CGDCONT?
+CGDCONT: 1,"IP","fast.t-mobile.com","0.0.0.0",0,0,0,0

OK
--------------------------------

Nothing. Changes :(
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Looks like to me it is network related. Are you certain your SIM Card is activated.

If so, you may need to put it back into the device it came from and let it re-activate.
Jirafo

Post by Jirafo »

Jim,

I'm 100% sure is working. It is the one that I use in my daily Iphone.

/Break/

I also have a ATT SIM that if I insert it it works without problem.
BillA

Post by BillA »

Jirafo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:14 pm BillA,

Tried your suggestion.

AT+CGDCONT?
AT+CGDCONT?
+CGDCONT: 1,"IP","fast.t-mobile.com","0.0.0.0",0,0,0,0

OK
--------------------------------

Nothing. Changes :(

Test you sim card in a phone, make sure calls and web are working.
Having PS Attached in WCDMA doesn't mean much, besides that's an older slower technology.
If the sim works in a phone, then chances are your router box/modem is defective.
If Netgear has a downloadable update on their supports site, try reflashing it manually with the latest version, even if it's the same version you already have on on the router.
On a side note, I've seen phones where the LTE or WCDMA chipset was defective, but not both.
I would do a full factory reset using the hardware combination button + power.
Set up the APN again, or send it manually, but for testing purposes don't "force" any bands just yet, it should auto-scan on its own. After the reset and apn settings, double check the active settings in the modem by: AT+CGDCONT?
Jirafo

Post by Jirafo »

OK,

1. hard factory reset - done
2. set up APN web interface - done (adding the APN as "att" "att" then change to fast......)
3. reboot

telnet

AT!GSTATUS?
AT!GSTATUS?
!GSTATUS:
Current Time: 159 Mode: ONLINE
Tx Power (dBm): -24.0
GMM (PS) state:REGISTERED NORMAL SERVICE

OK
Jirafo

Post by Jirafo »

I will try a manual update. The one from the youtube videos are a firmware lower than mine. I'm on 12.05.05.00
Jirafo

Post by Jirafo »

Question, if I manually update I lose the unlock code?
BillA

Post by BillA »

Jirafo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:50 pm I will try a manual update. The one from the youtube videos are a firmware lower than mine. I'm on 12.05.05.00

Don't worry about the firmware in the video, just do a manual update to the latest version that's available on the Netgear support site. It's likely that you will loose all settings including the lock code after an upgrade, but you may be able to save it all to a configuration file prior to flashing (again, I'm not very familiar with this unit). In any case, after the update/flash do not restore the backup and DO a full factory reset, then set it up from scratch in order to alleviate any possible issues with corrupted backup data.

From your logs so far, one can deduct that it's not picking up the LTE signal for some reason (the APN seems be be resolved. Possible reasons could be due to lack of signal or simply insufficient antenna on the router (WCDMA signal generally penetrates better). Others can be a defective router/modem (just the LTE chipset) or a corrupted modem config, which should be resolved via a full flash and reset... let's hope the later.
Jirafo

Post by Jirafo »

BillA wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:37 pm Don't worry about the firmware in the video, just do a manual update to the latest version that's available on the Netgear support site. It's likely that you will loose all settings including the lock code after an upgrade, but you may be able to save it all to a configuration file prior to flashing (again, I'm not very familiar with this unit). In any case, after the update/flash do not restore the backup and DO a full factory reset, then set it up from scratch in order to alleviate any possible issues with corrupted backup data.

From your logs so far, one can deduct that it's not picking up the LTE signal for some reason (the APN seems be be resolved. Possible reasons could be due to lack of signal or simply insufficient antenna on the router (WCDMA signal generally penetrates better). Others can be a defective router/modem (just the LTE chipset) or a corrupted modem config, which should be resolved via a full flash and reset... let's hope the later.

Turns out that this unit is the ATT branded one and it did not allows any manual update, all the updates comes over the air. I had not other option to turn in back.

Any other better option for a T-mobile LTE router with a ethernet port?

Guys I want to say thank you for your time and help from this side of the world, Puerto Rico!
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Jirafo wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:40 am Turns out that this unit is the ATT branded one and it did not allows any manual update, all the updates comes over the air. I had not other option to turn in back.
We have a large number of guys on the LTE HACK Facebook group using the M1 who can most likely walk you though the process.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Why not flash it to the Netgear unbranded firmware?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Could always get a WE826GO from thewirelesshaven.com and pop in a modem of your choice.

Return to “Nighthawks MR1100 - MR5200 (M1...M5...)”