MC7455 and Visible by Verizon, Grammie help!

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
BillA

Re: MC7455 and Visible by Verizon, Grammie help!

Post by BillA »

foolhardy wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:04 am I get:

AT!BAND=00
ERROR

Seems like you might be having a composition issue, try both both modes.
I would reset the modem first then send the rest of the commands.

Code: Select all

AT!ENTERCND="A710"
AT!RMARESET=1
AT!RESET

MBIM mode

AT!ENTERCND="A710"
AT!USBCOMP=1,1,1009
Wait a few second then enter

AT!ENTERCND="A710"
AT!BAND=00
AT!SELRAT=06
AT!CUSTOM="IPV6ENABLE",1
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IPV6","VSBLINTERNET"
AT!RESET

QMI mode

AT!ENTERCND="A710"
AT!USBCOMP=1,1,10d
Wait a few second then enter

AT!ENTERCND="A710"
AT!BAND=00
AT!SELRAT=06
AT!CUSTOM="IPV6ENABLE",1
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IPV6","VSBLINTERNET"
AT!RESET
beausmith94

Post by beausmith94 »

gscheb wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:26 am Hello was wondering what TTL was used to get these speeds?
Currently the only person I know using it doesn't have TTL custom settings and getting the throttled 5 download speed.
Hey gscheb,

I was using a router with custom golenorb firmware provided by Rooter (ofmodemsnandmen . com) with a MC7455 modem with the generic software installed. I'm assuming between the router and the modem, Visible is unable to tell that I am using it as a hotspot.

-Beau
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

I have been trying to get Visible working in a WiFiX-NEXQ6GO (new version of WE826)with EM7455. Followed Mr Bill's steps and looks like it is going to connect, but never quite makes it. Looking at debug output I think it is going to connect, then it stalls with:

Thu Jun 25 15:11:03 2020 : /dev/ttyUSB1 AT+CMGL=4
OK

Thu Jun 25 15:11:09 2020 : /dev/ttyUSB1 AT+CPMS="SM"
+CPMS: 0,0,0,0,0,0
OK

Thu Jun 25 15:11:29 2020 : /dev/ttyUSB1 AT+CPMS="SM"
OK
The

Thu Jun 25 15:11:29 2020 : /dev/ttyUSB1 AT+CPMS="SM"
OK
goes into loop, repeats over and over, and connection never makes it.

Anyone experience the same and have a solution?

Have tried both MBIM & QMI modes with no luck. MBIM seems to get closer but no cigar :o
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

According to this post need mbim.
Which I know you seen this too.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=10 ... ible#p4057
Wonder if you need LTE only set? Since visible only uses LTE data.
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

gscheb wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:22 pm According to this post need mbim.
Which I know you seen this too.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=10 ... ible#p4057
Wonder if you need LTE only set? Since visible only uses LTE data.
Good points, thanks! Going to reset modem again and just start with the basics. BTW sim is activated in phone and moved over to router.
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

This may be my issue:
at!IMPREF?
!IMPREF:
preferred fw version: 02.08.02.00
preferred carrier name: GENERIC
preferred config name: GENERIC_002.007_000
current fw version: 02.30.01.01
current carrier name: GENERIC
current config name: GENERIC_002.007_000

fw version mismatch
I could have sworn had 02.33.03.00 on this modem but after doing the AT!RMARESET=1 ended up with the wrong version / mismatch. Looks like it is time to reflash. No time this evening for pulling modem from router and reflashing. Wish I could remember at! command to swap preferred / current...

Will report back progress for future generations...
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

I blindly jumped in not thinking that I have EM7455's based off the Dell versions. When I did the AT!RMARESET=1 it wrecked the modem. Even worse my dumb arse did it to two of the modems, lol. Late night mistake, should have been in bed.

So if you are not using the MC/EM7455 directly branded by Sierra Wireless, do NOT use the command AT!RMARESET=1 or you will be starting over from scratch. It set the modems back to dell dragonfly and one of them went into low power mode for some reason. Now I have to attempt to recover them...
arbyyyyh
Has thanked: 0

Post by arbyyyyh »

beausmith94 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:34 pm
AT! Commands for setup:

at!entercnd="A710" : Establishes admin access to Modem
at!usbcomp=1,1,1009 : sets MC7455 to MBIM mode, required for most interfaces (routers)
at+cgdcont=1,"IP","VSBLINTERNET" : sets APN as visble (seems that capitalization matters)
at+cgdcont=1,"IPV4V6","VSBLINTERNET" : allows for IPV4V6 use... this was a setting that seemed to "enable" my service.
at!band=0E,"VZW (All)",0,000000000000101A :notice the 101A, this is a binary representation of all the band values above.
Just created this account after bashing my head against the wall for 2 days so that I could say that I think this fixed my issues. I've been using an EM7455 with a VZW Postpaid jetpack sim to great success but when I put in a Visible SIM, statistics made it sound as if there wasn't even a network to connect to. I had done everything else at lesat 5 times before, but despite working on VZW, I think the last command there is what did it for me. Thank you! I was about to start looking into an unlimited plan on verizon which is much more money than the $25 that I'm hoping to get down to :)

Thanks stranger!
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

This forum is a treasure trove. You just have to dig sometimes to get the big nuggets. :)
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

terryjett wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:46 pm I blindly jumped in not thinking that I have EM7455's based off the Dell versions. When I did the AT!RMARESET=1 it wrecked the modem. Even worse my dumb arse did it to two of the modems, lol. Late night mistake, should have been in bed.

So if you are not using the MC/EM7455 directly branded by Sierra Wireless, do NOT use the command AT!RMARESET=1 or you will be starting over from scratch. It set the modems back to dell dragonfly and one of them went into low power mode for some reason. Now I have to attempt to recover them...
Terry, I believe the Dell branded EM7455s just need to be reassigned to the current firmware version. For some reason it goes into low power and mismatched firmware. It sometimes borks it Ive heard, but usually putting it in a sled and sending a few commands like IMPREF= ..... then AT+CFUN=1,1 will get it done

I can ask a buddy who does these all the time now how he deals with them.
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

Didneywhorl wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:14 am Terry, I believe the Dell branded EM7455s just need to be reassigned to the current firmware version. For some reason it goes into low power and mismatched firmware. It sometimes borks it Ive heard, but usually putting it in a sled and sending a few commands like IMPREF= ..... then AT+CFUN=1,1 will get it done

I can ask a buddy who does these all the time now how he deals with them.
Thanks! I have not picked them back up as frustrated with myself for screwing them up, lol.

Love to get your buddies advice on easy method to reset the Dell branded EM7455.

Got a few more coming over by slow boat from China so any advice is appreciated.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I asked. Ill let you know what he says.
BillA

Post by BillA »

terryjett wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:24 am Thanks! I have not picked them back up as frustrated with myself for screwing them up, lol.

Love to get your buddies advice on easy method to reset the Dell branded EM7455.

Got a few more coming over by slow boat from China so any advice is appreciated.

If you muster up some courage, you many want to try these methods to convert to generic Sierra model.

https://github.com/danielewood/sierra-w ... novo--dell
OR
https://zukota.com/sierra-wireless-em74 ... vo-laptop/
OR
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=88 ... 0682888981
Unzip the guide and open the .MHT file in any browser.

There's also a nice Control Center app available for the EM/MC7544
https://zukota.com/em7455-control-center/
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

BillA wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:38 am If you muster up some courage, you many want to try these methods to convert to generic Sierra model.

https://github.com/danielewood/sierra-w ... novo--dell
OR
https://zukota.com/sierra-wireless-em74 ... vo-laptop/
OR
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=88 ... 0682888981
Unzip the guide and open the .MHT file in any browser.

There's also a nice Control Center app available for the EM/MC7544
https://zukota.com/em7455-control-center/
Thanks Bill!

I have these in my arsenal. Matter of fact how I convert most all the dell branded modems (which I use in setting up faster internet for teachers).

What I was hoping, was to try a simple fix as described by @Didneywhorl. Might be a new trick for an old dog and this old dog needs a few new tricks:)
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

Ok, I am all good on the two EM7455's. I sat down and ran through both modems using my ole standby method which Jim wrote up some time back in a Google doc. Thanks to all who gave me tips.
nontheist

Post by nontheist »

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this thread. I've been on Calyx with a very poor connection for the last few years. My wife and I switched our main phone service to Visible this year and I just looked at switching our Calyx service to Visible and found this thread. I'm using an MC7455 on a WE876 with regular antenna whips in the house and I'm getting better reception than my external antenna! Wow!
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

terryjett wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:53 pm Ok, I am all good on the two EM7455's. I sat down and ran through both modems using my ole standby method which Jim wrote up some time back in a Google doc. Thanks to all who gave me tips.
Hello terryjett,
Know you have experience with EM7455 modems connecting to Visible. We could use your help over at this thread if you would please help.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2052
nsh43i
Been thanked: 0

Post by nsh43i »

BillA wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:52 am
If you have fairly good Tmobile coverage in your area, then the SimpleMobile $50 plan will give you the best speeds I've seen on any carrier (average 100Mbps down, and 50Mbps up).

You can buy a sim card and activate it at your local SimpleMobile dealer (https://www.simplemobile.com/findastore).
They just fool you online with that $45 auto-pay price, after adding a bunch of taxes it comes out to over $50.
Since my credit card got stolen twice already on their website, and even got double billed, I'm only paying by cash. Dealers usually charge a flat $50 cash, and you can even prepay multiple months ahead if you wish. Best of all, it keeps your account completely anonymous (dealers don't ask for your info;). There's no contract, so if it doesn't work you can always try something else.
Hello BillA, this is very useful to know. In a few months I'll be in the USA for a few months, and I'll need LTE service. Same as you, given all the hacks, I don't want to give carriers my personal information. It is my primary concern and I only want to use carriers that will allow me to stay anonymous. Do you know if any other prepaid carriers besides SimpleMobile will let you get up and running without submitting your information?
BillA

Post by BillA »

nsh43i wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:56 pm Hello BillA, this is very useful to know. In a few months I'll be in the USA for a few months, and I'll need LTE service. Same as you, given all the hacks, I don't want to give carriers my personal information. It is my primary concern and I only want to use carriers that will allow me to stay anonymous. Do you know if any other prepaid carriers besides SimpleMobile will let you get up and running without submitting your information?

You should be able to sign up anonymously by going to a local Tracfone dealer, they usually carry all the carriers (SimpleMobile/Tmobile, Net10/ATT, PagePlus/Verizon). Enter the zip code of the location you happen to be in https://www.tracfone.com/findastore. Pick one of the smaller dealers, and as long as you're paying cash, usually they don't ask for any info. ;) I can also active any of those carriers through my dealer account, but of course you need to use a PayPal account for the monthly service.
RuralinternetSucks

Post by RuralinternetSucks »

BillA wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:14 am You should be able to sign up anonymously by going to a local Tracfone dealer, they usually carry all the carriers (SimpleMobile/Tmobile, Net10/ATT, PagePlus/Verizon). Enter the zip code of the location you happen to be in https://www.tracfone.com/findastore. Pick one of the smaller dealers, and as long as you're paying cash, usually they don't ask for any info. ;) I can also help you active any of those carriers through my dealer account, but you need to use a PayPal account for the monthly service.
Does the simplemobile carrier you posted earlier have the same latency issues as visible does using Verizon?
BillA

Post by BillA »

RuralinternetSucks wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:22 am Does the simplemobile carrier you posted earlier have the same latency issues as visible does using Verizon?

SimpleMobile uses Tmobile towers with truly unlimited data for only $50/month. I've been using around 500gigs/months for the past 5 years, and seen others go over 1,000gigs (that's 1 TeraBytes/month) without any issues. Speeds and latency are on par with a regular Tmobile Magenta plan. I can also turn off video throttling through my dealer account without any additional monthly fees, unlike on direct Tmobile plans. There's an old adage "You get what you pay for." ;)
crazysteve

Post by crazysteve »

BillA wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:13 pm

Much like other carriers in the US, Verizon uses the TTL method for detecting tethered traffic, so the easiest way is to change it in the router running either GoldenOrb or WiFix firmware. Unfortunately I haven't seen a way to change TTL in a NightHawk M1 router yet.
If using an external modem in a USB adapter Mini-PCIe/M.2 antenna housing tethered to a Windows PC, you can set the TTL on the PC quite easily via these CMD commands (you may need to play around with the value from 64 to 66 but 65 is what seems to work best):

netsh int ipv4 set global defaultcurhoplimit=65
netsh int ipv6 set global defaultcurhoplimit=65

Once your have the data connection working on the PC properly, you can try using something like Windows10's Mobile Hotspot or Connectify to share the connection sort of like a software router (the TTL settings might still be an issue for sharing... ymmv).
This post was referenced in a thread I created https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2653. I'm fairly certain I am doing everything right but I've been unsuccessful with my t-mobile line. I CAN get it to work when the sim is in my MOFI, set to 65 TTL but not when tethering to my PC from a phone.

I'm wondering if the iPhone is telling on me or there's a new step that's needed. I have an older Android but I'm thinking that shouldn't matter.

Thanks
iNickster

Post by iNickster »

beausmith94 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:11 pm Hello, trying to get Gma some decent internet in the boonies w/ Visible by verizon.

Previously, I had an Unlimited LTE sprint card in an MC7455(PCI/USB/Antenna adapter) routed to a TP-link with Rooter installed (ofmodemsandmen). This worked great. I pulled 100+ mbps.

NOW I have Visible unlimited, through verizon. I am trying to use the guide here: viewtopic.php?t=33

to set my MC7455 up. I have not been successful though!

Background:
SIM is activated, it is my phone sim. Works great on my iphone.
The plan is unlimited, with unlimited hotspot (speeds capped for unlimited, but going to try and work around that)

Just like for sprint, I am testing this on my Windows 10 machine w/ Skylight installed prior to attempting the Rooter Router.

I have installed the latest generic firmware (PTCRB & GCF Approved—Release 26).

I have tried different APN configurations "vsblinternet" "VSBLINTERNET" "vzwinternet"

I have tried IPv6 enabled/disabled per the guide above

I have tried using Verizon's Sierra Driver

and finally, I have toggled IPv6 on an off for the APN's above. (all while OEM resetting the router/refashing generic firmware between variations of AT! commands).

IF ANYONE COULD JUST POST THE SERIES OF AT! COMMANDS I WOULD NEED TO IMPLEMENT A WORKING SESSION THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

Thanks in advance :)
You can use these APN settings to get your device working with Visible -

Name: Visible FOTA
APN: VSBLADMIN
MCC: 311
MNC:480
APN Type: fota
APN Protocol: IPV4/IPV6
Mobile Virtual Network Operator Type: GID
Mobile Virtual Network Operator Value: BAE1000000000000

Name: Visible CBS
APN: VSBLAPP
MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
MCC:311
APN Type: cbs,mms

Name: Visible IMS
APN: VSBLIMS
APN Type: ims,ia
APN Roaming Protocol: IPV6

Name: Visible Internet
APN: VSBLINTERNET
APN Type: default,dun,supl
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

iNickster wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:30 am ....

You can use these APN settings to get your device working with Visible -

Name: Visible FOTA
APN: VSBLADMIN
MCC: 311
APN Type: fota

Name: Visible CBS
APN: VSBLAPP
APN Type: cbs,mms

Name: Visible IMS
APN: VSBLIMS
APN Type: ims,ia
APN Roaming Protocol: IPV6

Name: Visible Internet
APN: VSBLINTERNET
APN Type: default,dun,supl

Cool! Where did you source this?
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Didneywhorl wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:46 pm
Cool! Where did you source this?
This is on visible branded devices

Return to “General and Unclassified”