Connection Problem with Verizon Visible unlimited data account (WE826 - MC7455)

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
UncaTim
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Connection Problem with Verizon Visible unlimited data account (WE826 - MC7455)

Post by UncaTim »

Hi Guys,
I bought a WE826 router and Sierra MC7455 Modem a few months back and have had a good experience using an ATT account I set up with the help of The Wireless Haven.
I plan on traveling so I just also purchased a Verizon unlimited account through a company called Visible. It's only a few days old but has been working fine on my Galaxy S8. When i put it into the WE826 and change the APN to vzwinternet I get this:

at!gstatus?
!GSTATUS:
Current Time: 667 Temperature: 34
Reset Counter: 2 Mode: ONLINE
System mode: LTE PS state: Not attached
LTE band: B5 LTE bw: 5 MHz
LTE Rx chan: 2585 LTE Tx chan: 4294967295
LTE CA state: NOT ASSIGNED
EMM state: Deregistered Attach Needed
RRC state: RRC Idle
IMS reg state: No Srv

PCC RxM RSSI: -67 RSRP (dBm): -91
PCC RxD RSSI: -64 RSRP (dBm): -87
Tx Power: 0 TAC: 0501 (1281)
RSRQ (dB): -9.1 Cell ID: 0013E81D (1304605)
SINR (dB): 7.0
OK

Any Suggestions?
Thanks,
Tim
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: Connection Problem with Verizon Visible unlimited data account (WE826 - MC7455)

Post by JimHelms »

Try using the APN:

Code: Select all

VSBLINTERNET
UncaTim

Re: Connection Problem with Verizon Visible unlimited data account (WE826 - MC7455)

Post by UncaTim »

Thanks for the fast response Jim, but no go.
I'm just adding the APN VSBLINTERNET in a second Custom Profile field. Do any of the other fields need to be edited?

at!gstatus?
!GSTATUS:
Current Time: 307 Temperature: 35
Reset Counter: 1 Mode: ONLINE
System mode: LTE PS state: Not attached
LTE band: B5 LTE bw: 5 MHz
LTE Rx chan: 2585 LTE Tx chan: 4294967295
LTE CA state: NOT ASSIGNED
EMM state: Deregistered Attach Needed
RRC state: RRC Idle
IMS reg state: No Srv

PCC RxM RSSI: -67 RSRP (dBm): -92
PCC RxD RSSI: -63 RSRP (dBm): -94
Tx Power: 0 TAC: 0501 (1281)
RSRQ (dB): -10.8 Cell ID: 0013E81D (1304605)
SINR (dB): 18.2

OK

Any more ideas?
Tim
UncaTim

Post by UncaTim »

I just added APN VSBLINTERNET to the main profile.
Still no go.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

The Deregistered Attach Needed usually hints to the wrong APN being used or some other issue that the network does not like.

Have you checked a phone or other device using the Visible SIM Card to see exactly what APN it is using?
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

Maybe I am out of bounds here...

Looked at Visible few months back and asked around on rv travel forums. Seemed no one could get SIM to work in devices like we826. Maybe it has something to do with "Mobile hotspot speeds capped at 5 Mbps and limited to one tethered device at a time."

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/visibl ... -at-5mbps/
FreeRangeRedneck

Post by FreeRangeRedneck »

Any updates about Visible?

I just got a SIM. Does it need to be activated in a smartphone first?

Thanks.
beausmith94

Post by beausmith94 »

For Visible, you need to enable the SIM on a compatible phone FIRST before you attempt any activation in the Sierra wireless card. It will not activate otherwise. The app on the compatible phone communicates with the network to activate the SIM.

For MC7455, you want the generic firmware, APN="VSBLINTERNET", IPV4V6 enabled (as well as the IPV4V6 set as VSBLINTERNET), MBIM mode, and lock the bands to the VERIZON LTE BANDS in your area (except 66, MC7455 does not support 66). Visible only uses verizon's LTE coverage. I allow mine to pick and choose/aggregate between all the Verizon bands and pull about 25mbps down and 10 up.

Of note, I got my SIM last week while Visible is offering uncapped speeds for a single device, but hotspot still capped at 5mbps. The network hasn't noticed I'm using the Sierra Wireless card yet, but I imagine if I am not careful they could boot me. The plan is to attach this to my Rooter router (ofModemsAndMen custom firmware for this kind of set up), and route through a VPN so Visible can't see my network traffic.

If you have fussed with any of the sierra settings via at! commands, I suggest you reset to oem and reflash the latest generic firmware for a clean start.

I can confirm the modem is working on windows 10 (MC7455 in PCI to usb Adapter), with windows 10 managing the connection (not skylight). The sierra skylight app seems to modify the APN profile/conflict with windows 10, so I just uninstalled it.

Return to “General and Unclassified”