Will WE826-T2 & MC7455 work for Sprint?

Questions and Support related to Antennas & Cables
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related issues PRIOR to posting for assistance.
filo4u

Will WE826-T2 & MC7455 work for Sprint?

Post by filo4u »

Hello, I'm new, and I'm so glad I found this forum. Long story short, I have an existing plan with Sprint and have about 6 months left on the 1 year unlimited LTE plan. The first hotspot device I bought from them had the bulging battery issue, and they replaced it with the franklin R850 that doesn't work very well at picking up signal. I don't want to pay for another hotspot from Sprint because they are pricey, and I don't think they work very well.

I am trying to find something else that I can attach an external antenna to, and I was wondering if I bought WE826-T2 LTE Router & Sierra Wireless CAT6 MC7455 will this work for Sprint?

Browsing through the forum I read people say that it will work with a generic MC7455, and others say I can't just change out my device and will need to get devices directly from them. Any input would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: Will WE826-T2 & MC7455 work for Sprint?

Post by JimHelms »

The MC7455 using the generic firmware will work with your Sprint plan.

The problem is the the MC7455 has random disconnect issues on the Sprint network.

The EM7565 modem does not have these issues, and a lot of people are using them with the WE826-T2 with Sprint. No change in your Sprint account is required to run the EM7565 with the generic firmware.
filo4u

Post by filo4u »

Thank you so much for your helpful reply. I'm glad I asked before buying anything. In my cart I have
Sierra Wireless EM7565 CAT-12 LTE-A Pro Modem
12V 2.5A 30W Power Adapter (2.1mm Tip)
5 In 1 SIM Card Adapter Kit With Emery Sanding Board
WE826-T2 4G LTE WiFi Router

I have a question in regards to the items I need to make it work, and I want to make sure I have everything I need. The WE826-T2 description indicates

"Note: To better accommodate our customers, we special order our WE826-T2's to include the SMA Omni-directional LTE antennas and the U.FL to SMA Female bulkhead cables preinstalled in the router." but under Cellular Antenna Upgrade it states "The WE826-T2's stock 4G LTE antennas may be upgraded to our 700-2700MHz 3.5dBi-4dBi 4G LTE Omni-directional Antennas." It also says that pigtails are required. So I am not sure if i need to purchase these as well. I also need to buy a Mini PCI-E to M.2, but I can only find these adapters with the sim card tray on your store and I know that the WE826-T2 has a sim card slot, so I'm not sure if it'll work.

Thanks again!
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

The router comes with U.FL pigtail connectors which is what the MCxxxx modems use.

You will need to add 2 x 5" MHF4 to SMA Female bulkhead PIGTAILS which is what the EMxxxx modems use.

You can use THIS adapter. As the listing references:
The extra SIM card slot is a bonus for applications where a SIM card slot is not available. Its use for a second SIM card is optional when using the adapter on routers that are already equipped with a SIM card slot. It’s use is not required.
filo4u

Post by filo4u »

Cool! Thank you for clarifying. Sorry to bug you for one more question. Currently, with the Franklin R850 on Sprint, on band 26, I get two bars and on band 41 one bar. Would this be enough information to recommend upgrading the antenna that comes with the WE826-T2? I was thinking maybe something like this https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/antennas/4g-lte ... ennas-sma/ or do you think I would need something more powerful?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Bars are rather deceptive as it relates to adequate service on Sprint.

If your hotspot is camping out on Band 26, it is possible you may require external antennas to get a usable signal on Band 41--which is where you want to take advantage of carrier aggregation.

One thing to note is that the EM7565 only has Band 41 for Sprint and does not have Band 25.
filo4u

Post by filo4u »

I wanted to get something like this https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/antennas/4g-lte ... l-antenna/ because I know it'll pick up great signal. Unfortunately, I live in an apartment complex and the nearest tower to me is in the opposite direction of my patio. I might be able to set it up on a tripod indoor but there will be a wall in front of it. I know this isn't the ideal setup but would it work better compared to an omnidirectional antenna?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

I see. You would certainly not be the first to use these antennas indoors or in an attic.

Return to “Questions and Support”