Programming MC7455 to eliminate a band as primary

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
patman2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Programming MC7455 to eliminate a band as primary

Post by patman2 »

I’ve been educating myself on my MC7455 and AT commands and was wondering if there was an AT command to prevent it from choosing a particular band as the primary band but allow it to be used as a secondary band during aggregation? I’ve noticed that I get high bandwidth when the modem selects AT&T band 2 as primary and band 5 as secondary. But I’ve noticed too, that if the modem selects band 5 as primary I won’t get any carrier aggregation and get very low bandwidth.

As an alternative, what would happen if I used the AT commands, as this tutorial suggests: “Sierra Wireless Modems - Programming Carrier Bands”, and programmed all of the AT&T bands except band 5? Would I still get aggregation?
swwifty

Re: Programming MC7455 to eliminate a band as primary

Post by swwifty »

There's no way unfortunately to force ta band to be secondary and not primary. You can only totally eliminate a band or allow it.

If band 2 is much better in your area, you likely need some external antennas or better external antennas.

For example, antennas in my house (while talking to a AT&T tower that is 5 miles away) will only select band 12. Outside, they will select Band 2 all day with some good external ones (not little rabbit ear antennas.)

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”