Golden Orb Public Static IP Issues - MWAN3

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
bd_24

Golden Orb Public Static IP Issues - MWAN3

Post by bd_24 »

Hi,

On my Ubiquiti USG, I had a static public IP for my fixed wireless connection, and was able to have my LTE connection as a 2 WAN, all worked fine, no issues. I moved over to an 826-t2, then to an M2M both with Golden Orb -openwrt-18.06 branch (git-18.210.69179-6df9a57) / GoldenOrb_2018-11-02

In both of those cases I was not able to get the static public IP to work (it works with dhcp however). It shows connected (below) on the interface page, but the diag pings fail, and mwan3 eventually shows a failed connection. Any thoughts? Is this a bug? Where can I look for logs ?
ip config2.JPG
and I have it configured as this :
ip config1.JPG
Here is mwans status
ip config4.JPG
Here is how I have it config'd
ip config1.JPG
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BillA

Re: Golden Orb Public Static IP Issues - MWAN3

Post by BillA »

For testing purposes set the router's ports to DMZ in order to expose them completely, then run a ping test. Course DMZ may not be the best solution in terms of security, but at least you'll know if it's the router or your carrier's blocking the pings.
If your mobile carrier doesn't offer static IP's (which most do not), then you can either run NoIP (NoIP.com) on one of your connected pc's, or if your router or one of your other connected devices (like a camera) has DynIP.com built in, then that could translate your dynamic IP into a static one, usually by giving you personal weblink such as DynIP.com/MyName. Needless to say the proper fort forwardings must be set up in your router for remote access of specific devices.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to assign WAN (eth0.2) a static IP address?

Since it shows MBIM assigned to that interface, I assume it is the LTE interface? If so, do you have a static IP address on your cellular plan.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

You might also want to refer to GoldenOrb's tutorials HERE and HERE.

Return to “General and Unclassified”