Mofi 4500 Module in MBIM Wrong Mode

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
gscheb

Mofi 4500 Module in MBIM Wrong Mode

Post by gscheb »

Hello,
Would appreciate any possible help on this.

Running a Mofi 4500 on T-mobile. Was having an issue with carrier aggregation on the mofi so wanted to try the gorlden orb and openwrt systems I read on here. So I flashed this unit to run on Golden orb with a file I found on this site. And had it running and and made a group of bands with the excel sheet that I found on this website. Really no issues with it.

Decided that all the command prompts and stuff was little more than I was comfortable with and decided to go back to the Mofi software. Just because it is more user friendly for the for someone inexperienced like me.

And was able to get the Mofi Software back on it and it looks like it always did before.
But know it won't get the internet. It senses the card. Cause it shows I am connected to T-Mobile and even shows what band I am connected too. But no internet.

I have noticed under Network - Internal Modem it has an error.
It says in red text (module in MBIM Wrong Mode).
Then below that it says press here to change to QMI.
When I press that button it never changes to it and the error stays.
Mofi Error.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: Mofi 4500 Module in MBIM Wrong Mode

Post by JimHelms »

The easiest method (without having to remove the modem and installing in a USB to Mini PCI-E adapter and reprogramming the modem) would be to reinstall GoldenOrb.

Then, use the AT-Terminal to place the modem in QMI using the following commands:

Code: Select all

at!entercnd="A710"
at!usbcomp=1,1,10d
at!reset
Thereafter, reinstall the MoFi firmware.

There are other methods using PuTTy into access the modem, but the above would be the simplest.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Thank you so much for the quick reply. Will try that after the work day.
I of course live in a rural area and have been learning to do this stuff for around a year or more. With Netgears Nighthawk m1 and LB1121 and the Mofi. In the beginning didn't know about Cat lte modems or carrier aggregation or anything. Was just trying to get the internet.
Anyway I have some other questions for you if that would be ok?
Don't know if this is the place for that or if I should start another post?
Basically got family and friends that live in the rural area that are waning me to help them with this stuff.
Interested in buying products to make my set up better and creating some for them.
Thanks again.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Hello again,
Just wanted to say thanks again and that fixed my issue. It recognizes the card and is back up and running again.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

gscheb wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:01 pm Hello again,
Just wanted to say thanks again and that fixed my issue. It recognizes the card and is back up and running again.
Glad you are back up and running.

Return to “General and Unclassified”