WE826 Cannot Access Luci for Login

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
TheawesomeMCB
Has thanked: 0

WE826 Cannot Access Luci for Login

Post by TheawesomeMCB »

Hi,
For some reason I can’t access 192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/luci, I can’t access the router at all or get a internet connection, I can get to the redirect page from 192.168.1.1 but after that it says can not establish connection. Any idea what to do? And if there is no other option, how do I factory reset it?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: WE826 Cannot Access Luci for Login

Post by JimHelms »

Did you happen to press the reset button?
TheawesomeMCB

Post by TheawesomeMCB »

JimHelms wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:02 pm Did you happen to press the reset button?
I tried too but it wouldn’t reset
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

TheawesomeMCB wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:26 pm I tried too but it wouldn’t reset
That is what I thought. Pressing the reset button in an attempt to correct an unknown issue is never a good idea on these routers, and you have most likely wiped out the configuration. So now it is time to get your hands dirty.

These are the steps you will need to follow:

Download a fresh image of GoldenOrb per THIS tutorial.

Once downloaded and you will need to access the boot loader menu to reinstall GoldenOrb using THIS tutorial.

Then you will need to follow steps two and three in THIS tutorial.
TheawesomeMCB

Post by TheawesomeMCB »

JimHelms wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:52 pm
These are the steps you will need to follow:

Download a fresh image of GoldenOrb per THIS tutorial.

Once downloaded and you will need to access the boot loader menu to reinstall GoldenOrb using THIS tutorial.

Then you will need to follow steps two and three in THIS tutorial.
Ok so i am now getting this error and the router wont read the sim card

error.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

TheawesomeMCB wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:20 pm
Ok so i am now getting this error and the router wont read the sim card
How do you know it is not reading the SIM Card? It appears the firmware is not loading correctly.

For purposes of troubleshooting, it is helpful to detail the events and steps you have taken.
TheawesomeMCB

Post by TheawesomeMCB »

JimHelms wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:32 am
How do you know it is not reading the SIM Card? It appears the firmware is not loading correctly.

For purposes of troubleshooting, it is helpful to detail the events and steps you have taken.
Ok so the configuration wasn’t wiped, I did step one and i was able to access the interface, after that I did have a configuration backup that I restored when I knew it was working. But when I looked at the interfaces, the one slot that where the SIM card is, was getting 0 tx and rx, as well it didn’t have a IP address.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

If you have successfully restored the configuration, and you are running GoldenOrb, and just not able to connect, follow the TROUBLESHOOTING guide.
TheawesomeMCB

Post by TheawesomeMCB »

JimHelms wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:41 pm If you have successfully restored the configuration, and you are running GoldenOrb, and just not able to connect, follow the TROUBLESHOOTING guide.
I don’t even have the modem tab, do you think you would be able to remotely connect to my computer and see what the issue is? I would connect my computer to my hotspot and plug the Ethernet cord into my computer so you would be able to access my router remotely? Would that work, I also do have a backup of the configuration file that the settings need to be at
bjames

Post by bjames »

TheawesomeMCB wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:03 pm
I don’t even have the modem tab....
It sounds like you have restored the original OpenWRT software. It will not have the modem tab. Use the tutorial that Jim pointed you to before to "Download a fresh image of GoldenOrb".

When you get to the end of the tutorial, there is a link for the next step you will need to take.

There are good tutorials on the forum that walk you through the entire process. You should use them.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

bjames wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:20 pm

It sounds like you have restored the original OpenWRT software.

There are good tutorials on the forum that walk you through the entire process. You should use them.
Well said. I spent a lot of time preparing these tutorials to assist people. But it takes a little effort on the other end.
TheawesomeMCB

Post by TheawesomeMCB »

bjames wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:20 pm
TheawesomeMCB wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:03 pm
I don’t even have the modem tab....
It sounds like you have restored the original OpenWRT software. It will not have the modem tab. Use the tutorial that Jim pointed you to before to "Download a fresh image of GoldenOrb".

When you get to the end of the tutorial, there is a link for the next step you will need to take.

No I have the GoldenOrb Build I’m looking right at it
bjames

Post by bjames »

If you have no modem tab, then something as happened in the upload process. Upload a new image of GoldenOrb and make certain the save settings checkbox is unchecked. When completed, you should have the modem tab.

I would not use the configuration file to restore it since something was not right.
TheawesomeMCB

Post by TheawesomeMCB »

bjames wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:40 pm If you have no modem tab, then something as happened in the upload process. Upload a new image of GoldenOrb and make certain the save settings checkbox is unchecked. When completed, you should have the modem tab.

I would not use the configuration file to restore it since something was not right.
To be honest I did have the box checked, and flashed it and it is working normally again, I just don’t understand why i am getting 10mbps with this router then a hotspot that goes up to 50, it was at 1 mbps at a point but I then turned on the SQM I got it up to 10, Thank you both so much for your help so far, but is there a way to increase the speeds, already have a antenna on my house giving it 90% signal, but on a Netgear 6100d we got 30mbps, already talked to sprint and they did say they were having performance issues but it’s now fixed, is there a setting in the device I can change to get the speeds higher than 10?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Go to Modem > Miscellaneous > AT-Command Terminal and fun the following commands:

Code: Select all

at!entercnd="A710"
at!gstatus?
Notice on the right lower corner of the window, you can drag the box larger to see the read out. Take a snap shot, or copy and paste the returns of the commands.
TheawesomeMCB

Post by TheawesomeMCB »

JimHelms wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:34 pm Go to Modem > Miscellaneous > AT-Command Terminal and fun the following commands:

at!entercnd="A710"
at!gstatus?
Notice on the right lower corner of the window, you can drag the box larger to see the read out. Take a snap shot, or copy and paste the returns of the commands.

at!entercnd="A710"
OK

at!gstatus?
!GSTATUS: 
Current Time:  3807		Temperature: 47
Reset Counter: 2		Mode:        ONLINE         
System mode:   LTE        	PS state:    Attached     
LTE band:      B41    		LTE bw:      20 MHz  
LTE Rx chan:   40978		LTE Tx chan: 40978
LTE CA state:  ACTIVE      		LTE Scell band:B41    
LTE Scell bw:20 MHz  		LTE Scell chan:41176
EMM state:     Registered     	Normal Service 
RRC state:     RRC Connected  
IMS reg state: No Srv  		

PCC RxM RSSI:  -62		RSRP (dBm):  -90
PCC RxD RSSI:  -94		RSRP (dBm):  -137
SCC RxM RSSI:  -64		RSRP (dBm):  -92
SCC RxD RSSI:  -94		RSRP (dBm):  -135
Tx Power:      4		TAC:         5703 (22275)
RSRQ (dB):     -7.6		Cell ID:     0AF48E02 (183799298)
SINR (dB):     19.2

OK
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

While your Main (RxM) antenna is getting good signal strength, your Diversity antenna (RxD) is poor (the RSRP is below poor).

The MC7455 modem has two antenna port (U.FL) connectors. One is labeled Main and the other AUX (for Diversity). I would check for lose connections and/or bad cables from the modem to the antennas (assuming you have two external or MIMO antenna).

This chart provides a general overview on rating signals:

Signal Readings.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheawesomeMCB

Post by TheawesomeMCB »

JimHelms wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:00 pm While your Main (RxM) antenna is getting good signal strength, your Diversity antenna (RxD) is poor (the RSRP is below poor).

The MC7455 modem has two antenna port (U.FL) connectors. One is labeled Main and the other AUX (for Diversity). I would check for lose connections and/or bad cables from the modem to the antennas (assuming you have two external or MIMO antenna).
We only have 1 external antenna and its on the roof going through a cable through our house to the router, would we be able to get a splitter cable and just plug it into just the 1 antenna on the roof so both sides are using it?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

TheawesomeMCB wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:24 pm

We only have 1 external antenna and its on the roof going through a cable through our house to the router, would we be able to get a splitter cable and just plug it into just the 1 antenna on the roof so both sides are using it?
No, unfortunately, it does not work that easy. You will need a second antenna for optimal performance. You are getting good signal strength and Band 41. A second antenna with "good" 50 ohm low loss cables will make a huge difference in your performance.
bjames

Post by bjames »

I think this topic raises a point worth mentioning. When someone is experiencing issues with a router and/or modem, it is best to start reading the various topics on this forum. If you can understand the problem and its cause, then finding a solution becomes a lot easier.

Most everything discussed on this topic could have discovered in the Troubleshooting Connection Issues tutorial. https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14

Just saying.
TheawesomeMCB

Post by TheawesomeMCB »

Alright I'm going to have to see what i can do for the antenna if we can't use a splitter, but you have been a HUGE help! Thank you so much! We just have a ton of internet devices in our house and without internet it causes issues. I can pretty much say this topic is resolved! Thank you!

Return to “General and Unclassified”