Multiple client wifi ssid connections?

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
wkearney99
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Multiple client wifi ssid connections?

Post by wkearney99 »

Please move/repost this if this isn't the right place to ask.

Is it possible to have a GoldenOrb setup remember multiple client SSIDs? And enable/disable them without have to delete/recreate them?

My scenario is to use one of these routers on a boat. We repeatedly travel to several different locations and some of them have WiFi. I'd like to be able to set up the router to make use of their WiFi service. Is there a way to have the multiple connections remembered? Obviously I'd only be activating them one at a time. I just want know if there's an easy way I can avoid re-creating them manually every time.

Bonus points would be a way to trigger their use externally. I've got a PC on board that I could potentially use to track GPS location and bump the router to make/break a connection.

The location is on the US east coast, mostly on the Chesapeake. I'd be using Verizon service. I have a Pantech UML290 already. What I don't have is much experience with the GoldenOrb firmware.

Am I on the right track here? If so, which of the Wireless Joint routers should I be considering? I'm willing to shell out for the right hardware.
wkearney99
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Multiple client wifi ssid connections?

Post by wkearney99 »

Nobody?

Return to “Firmware”