MWAN Wan1 interface disabled

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
PhilJones
Has thanked: 0

MWAN Wan1 interface disabled

Post by PhilJones »

Hi All, I have MWAN load balancing working on my Turris omnia using rooter ...GoldenOrb_2019-03-10 ( OpenWrt 18.06.1 )''

With Wan1 (the internal Modem) every time I reboot I have to manually go back and set it to enabled in MWAN interfaces. Is there any way to make this stay on enabled? Sometimes after a couple days, I will find it disabled, so may be happening even with no reboot..

Works great otherwise.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: MWAN Wan1 interface disabled

Post by JimHelms »

Which button/part do you have to keep enabling?
PhilJones

Post by PhilJones »

Well I don't see any way to attach a picture here, but under "Network/load balancing/interfaces... the title will show MWAN interfaces... I have all the rest of the tabs configured properly and it works... I can get a 50% -50% load balance or whatever I adjust it to... but I come back after some time, and instead of saying enabled=yes... it shows no. If there is a way for me to post a picture I can show you... Thanks Jim

Oh wait, I think I found it...
MWAN.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PhilJones

Post by PhilJones »

I managed to find how to fix this, no thanks to google :-) had to figure it out on my own.... in the modem properties you will see something like, enable modem for load balancing.... I know it seems like such an obvious answer, and maybe it is, but i never thought to look there... seems very separated from where you configure the load balancing, and there was nothing in the tutorials to show this.... I noticed sometimes after a day or so load balancing would be disabled, but it would be disabled every time I rebooted... so maybe the modem dropping out then coming back online during the non reboots...i changed this setting to say "yes" and now it comes back every reboot. hopefully this helps someone else out.
PhilJones

Post by PhilJones »

I meant to say under the modem profiles, not properties

Return to “General and Unclassified”