WE826-Q Any help with this model?

Topics related to ZBT Routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
aaron.brisendine
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WE826-Q Any help with this model?

Post by aaron.brisendine »

Hello everyone I have been reading a lot on these forums and I am a big time nerd when it comes to this stuff. I am however kinda stuck here. I have a WE826-Q modem/router and I wanted to put custom firmware on it. I tried using the default admin page to do a firmware upgrade too WiFiX which I believe is custom firmware designed by Wireless Joint if im not mistaken. Well it will not recognize the firmware so i couldn't install.

Did some more poking around and found the post about using the bootloader too flash and I was unsuccessful in that as well. The bootloader recovery screen on mine is way different than anything I have seen posted. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could take the time to help me out some. I may just start over and do a completely new build but I would really like to get this one working as I paid way too much for it and cant get my money back. Here are some pictures of what is going on.
Admin Console:
homepageofdefaultconsole.png
Network Information Page(Ignore the signal strength and other info (no sim inserted or antennas attached)):
4gsetup page.png
Main Login Page:
mainloginpage.png
Error I get when trying to do custom firmware:
errorforfirmware.png
Bootloader Page:
recovery.png
Translated:
translatedenglish.png
Bootloader Firmware:
firmwareupdatepage.png
Once again I would greatly appreciate any help anyone might be able to give. I look forward to be around here for a long time too come.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BillA

Re: WE826-Q Any help with this model?

Post by BillA »

aaron.brisendine wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:07 am Hello everyone I have been reading a lot on these forums and I am a big time nerd when it comes to this stuff. I am however kinda stuck here. I have a WE826-Q modem/router and I wanted to put custom firmware on it. I tried using the default admin page to do a firmware upgrade too WiFiX which I believe is custom firmware designed by Wireless Joint if im not mistaken. Well it will not recognize the firmware so i couldn't install.

Did some more poking around and found the post about using the bootloader too flash and I was unsuccessful in that as well. The bootloader recovery screen on mine is way different than anything I have seen posted. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could take the time to help me out some. I may just start over and do a completely new build but I would really like to get this one working as I paid way too much for it and cant get my money back. Here are some pictures of what is going on.
Admin Console: homepageofdefaultconsole.png
Network Information Page(Ignore the signal strength and other info (no sim inserted or antennas attached)):4gsetup page.png
Main Login Page: mainloginpage.png
Error I get when trying to do custom firmware: errorforfirmware.png
Bootloader Page:recovery.png
Translated:translatedenglish.png
Bootloader Firmware: firmwareupdatepage.png

Once again I would greatly appreciate any help anyone might be able to give. I look forward to be around here for a long time too come.

That's because your WE826-"Q" model is based on a Qualcomm chipset (QCA9531 instead of the MediaTek's MT7620). Don't think there's a custom firmware developed for this model yet, but you may want to Google it, just make sure to search for "WE826-Q OpenWRT firmware".
Dazed-and-Confused

Post by Dazed-and-Confused »

aaron.brisendine wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:07 am Hello everyone I have been reading a lot on these forums and I am a big time nerd when it comes to this stuff. I am however kinda stuck here. I have a WE826-Q modem/router and I wanted to put custom firmware on it. I tried using the default admin page to do a firmware upgrade too WiFiX which I believe is custom firmware designed by Wireless Joint if im not mistaken. Well it will not recognize the firmware so i couldn't install.

Admin Console: homepageofdefaultconsole.png
Network Information Page(Ignore the signal strength and other info (no sim inserted or antennas attached)):4gsetup page.png
Main Login Page: mainloginpage.png
Error I get when trying to do custom firmware: errorforfirmware.png
Bootloader Page:recovery.png
Translated:translatedenglish.png
Bootloader Firmware: firmwareupdatepage.png

There is now a version of ROOter firmware available for this router. I presume mine is the same model. I just go by the Q in the version for compatibility for now until another Q version is released.

Mine:

qualcomm.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BillA

Post by BillA »

Here's the latest WE826-Q GoldenOrb firmware dated 2020-07-26. Test and report back.
https://www.ofmodemsandmen.com/upload/W ... -07-26.zip

Return to “ZBT Routers”