RM502Q-AE with ATT Firstnet - NO MIDBAND 5G

Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
bagicbouse
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

RM502Q-AE with ATT Firstnet - NO MIDBAND 5G

Post by bagicbouse »

I just received a RM502Q-AE that i am using with an ATT Firstnet sim, and I am running into a few issues regarding 5g.

The modem is connecting to b14, and during high bandwidth periods it is connecting/aggragating b14,b66,b2.

If I disable b14 and b66, the modem connects to b2, and during high bandwidth periods it is connecting/aggragating b2, b5, and n5.

However, I cannot find any combination of settings or commands to connect to n77. I'm not sure if it is a Firstnet issue or a config issue.
N77 is about double the speed of LTE at my house, and 5g support was why I went with the rm502q-ae.

Anyone have any suggestions, or know how to point me towards the right direction? Im having signifigant trouble finding any posts of anyone running both Firstnet and Quectel modems.
Didneywhorl

Re: RM502Q-AE with ATT Firstnet - NO MIDBAND 5G

Post by Didneywhorl »

What APN are you using?

Are you certain the cell tower your 502 is connected to has n77?

What device are you using that uses n77 there?
bagicbouse
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: RM502Q-AE with ATT Firstnet - NO MIDBAND 5G

Post by bagicbouse »

I am using an iPhone 15 pro max, with 5G en-dc on band b14 and n77
After discussing pretty extensively through tickets/emails with quectel staff, I was told I am unable to use this combination with this modem.

Band b14 and n77 are not a supported en-dc config on the modem.

Additionally, no band combination of lte and n77 is supported for att networks on this modem.

I have been recommended to purchase RM520N-GL as all of the band combinations I was looking to use are supported.

Return to “Quectel Modems”