Rm520n-gl with visible

Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Eric592
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Rm520n-gl with visible

Post by Eric592 »

Can someone help me figure out how to set up my rm520n-gl with visible. Every time I put the sim card in it says sim missing. I just got it from wireless haven and I set it up just like I did my em160r-gl and visible currently works on that. but not the rm520n-gl. I'm using a we826 first try I tried it in the usb3 adapter box that the rm520n-gl came in and figured maybe sim slot was messed up so ordered adapter and put it in the router to try that and it still says sim missing
Eric592
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Rm520n-gl with visible

Post by Eric592 »

Or atleast help with at commands I'm having trouble with it and so far no matter what sim I use in the usb enclosure it says sim missing.
BillA

Re: Rm520n-gl with visible

Post by BillA »

Eric592 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:22 pm Or atleast help with at commands I'm having trouble with it and so far no matter what sim I use in the usb enclosure it says sim missing.

Since your sim is working in both a phone and EM160R-GL, likely your modem is in the wrong mode or defective.
Try flashing it using the latest Quectel firmware, which should be easy to do since you have it in an external USB adapter.
Search on this forum for the factory reset command after flashing it.

Return to “Quectel Modems”