Two apn?

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Eric592
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Two apn?

Post by Eric592 »

So I'm trying to help a buddy out. He got new isp. It shows I'm connected but for some reason I don't have internet. they sent a deal saying apn name is Townbroadband and apn is broadband. And I had it working with the other att third party so I'm confused why it wouldn't be the same. I'm on we826 using golden orb modem is a quectel em160r-gl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Orlimar1

Re: Two apn?

Post by Orlimar1 »

If I recall correctly the "apn name" is meaningless. You could type anything in there that you want to and nothing will change with your connection.

Is this isp provider just reselling you ATT data? Or are they a WISP? If they're just selling you ATT data why would you use them and not do something directly via ATT?

As far as not connecting could it be an imei issue?
Eric592

Post by Eric592 »

It's a reseller and because I tried the tablet plans att had and set it up the way it was explained on here and att still shut them off. And idk I know he used the s/n off his mofi but iv tried it in both his mofi and my router that is explained at the top it connects to att broadband apn but still no internet.
Orlimar1

Post by Orlimar1 »

Hopefully someone with a working knowledge of that device can help you out.

But since you're paying this company for service, I'd think they'd be able to help you out to get you going.
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Just a guess but if it is a new sim card, they need to be ota"d so put it in a phone first and let it program then after data is working in the phone put the sim in the other device and try it.
Eric592

Post by Eric592 »

Well what gets me is they asked what device he was putting it in and he said mofi and then gave the the s/n for it. But then just came back and said that device is blacklisted.

Return to “General and Unclassified”