Laptop tmobile tethering.

HOTSPOT Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Wizb4ng
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Laptop tmobile tethering.

Post by Wizb4ng »

So I'm using 2 different phones for Hotspot. 1 is visible and the other is verizon post paid. For a couple years I've been doing the phone > windows 10 laptop via wifi > tp-link wireless router via shared ethernet port to put the router online. Both phones have the same Hotspot details so all we have to do is turn on the Hotspot on either one and the laptop snags it and we're online. Oh and ttl adjusted on the laptop to 65.

Works good. Now I tried tmobile and no matter what it uses hotspot data. The laptop set at ttl 65 bypasses it but anything past it doesn't such as my connected devices on the router. I've tried ttl 65-68 still no love. Suggestions? Thank you.
Tech_Junky

Re: Laptop tmobile tethering.

Post by Tech_Junky »

I haven't dove into phone TTL but, I did get an M2 Modem and hooked it up over USB to ditch TMHI and have been pushing 1TB/mo on it w/o any modifications to the TTL and it works just fine. Maybe it's time to switch the approach? Probably cheaper than buying phones to get the latest in terms of speeds and not to mention the whole tether issue.

I went a bit higher end in my modem selection but, you can put together a 5G option for under $100. Then grab phone SIMs through CircledIn.com for a cheaper monthly rate. I got a TMO unlimited + 40GB/mo for $38.50 all in.

BillA

Re: Laptop tmobile tethering.

Post by BillA »

Wizb4ng wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:52 pm So I'm using 2 different phones for Hotspot. 1 is visible and the other is verizon post paid. For a couple years I've been doing the phone > windows 10 laptop via wifi > tp-link wireless router via shared ethernet port to put the router online. Both phones have the same Hotspot details so all we have to do is turn on the Hotspot on either one and the laptop snags it and we're online. Oh and ttl adjusted on the laptop to 65.

Works good. Now I tried tmobile and no matter what it uses hotspot data. The laptop set at ttl 65 bypasses it but anything past it doesn't such as my connected devices on the router. I've tried ttl 65-68 still no love. Suggestions? Thank you.

There's a simpler and more reliable way of using a phone as a modem connected directly to the router without the need to run it through a computer.
Phone connected via WiFi or USB cable to > Router with TTL settings > all your ethernet or WiFi devices connected to the router
This is the method I'm currently using, here's my post about it.
/viewtopic.php?p=10303#p10303

Return to “General and Unclassified”