Cannot connect to firmware via LAN Ports

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Crazyandol
Has thanked: 0

Cannot connect to firmware via LAN Ports

Post by Crazyandol »

I recently bought the NEXP1GO with an RM520-GL modem. The initial build and setup worked flawlessly, seeing the modem and setting up the WAN port for LAN use. However, things went sideways when I powered it down to put the SIM card in and close the 4x4 MIMO antenna housing it. Once I powered it back up, I could no longer connect through any wired port to the firmware. The ports will light up for a second and then show the connection between the computer and the port. After a while, it looks to stabilize, but on the computer, the network connection goes from network connection unplugged and identifying every second or two. The computer port lights look like it is always on, so I assume the disconnect time is tiny, and pinging the 192.168.1.1 always returns a 100% failure rate. I can connect to the firmware via the Wi-Fi AP and interact with it without issues, so I know it is running.

Here are some steps/observations I've had:
  • I use a new incognito/InPrivate session each time I connect.
  • I have used both DHCP and static IP addresses.
  • I have put the router back in the original case to troubleshoot, but I have also tried with it in no case.
  • I've used a second computer to see the logs through Wi-Fi and have a computer connected via the wired ports, so there is only one connection on each computer.
  • I don't see anything in the kernel or system logs that jump out at me related to the br-lan interface or the individual ports (4 or 5, with the WAN port doing the same thing in LAN setup) when connecting the computer via a wired port.
  • I have tried reflashing through the recovery GUI, which I could connect via a wired port, and resetting and reflashing the firmware via the "Backup / Flash Firmware" page. This did not change anything related to connecting via the wired ports. I also did notice that the DHCP range settings did not reset to the default.
  • I've tried the firmware versions ending in 2023-01-12a, 2023-03-15, and 2023-06-01a.
  • I've even tried removing the modem to try and isolate just the router to troubleshoot, which did not change anything.
  • For power, PoE or adapter doesn't make a difference, although I can power up through the WAN port as a LAN port and still not get a network connection.
  • I've also tried numerous premade and personally wired cat cables and tested them for valid layout and continuity to eliminate the cable as the culprit.
  • I'm a novice at Wireshark, but it looks like the wired ports do not get to the point of doing more than the initial ARP broadcast before the connection resets.
I've been going around and around trying to figure out what happened to no avail. So, I'm at a loss for why the wired ports cannot stay up and connected and asking for help. Any ideas for how I can try to fix this issue?
Didneywhorl

Re: Cannot connect to firmware via LAN Ports

Post by Didneywhorl »

Email the wireless haven referencing this post.
You've done a thorough troubleshooting job.

I'd say something simply failed in your LAN driver chip onboard. The only thing that came to mind was the cables and connection points, but you covered that too. Looks like next step is the pcb itself.
Mr.Taco

Post by Mr.Taco »

Crazyandol wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:56 pm
[*]I've tried the firmware versions ending in 2023-01-12a, 2023-03-15, and 2023-06-01a.
Try this firmware version. Run it from recovery menu. Do not keep settings and force.

WiFiX-NEXP1GO-GO2021-09-11 (WiFiX-NEXP1GO-GO2021-09-11a.zip)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... BNoxKPu82h

direct link:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hFieTQ ... drive_link
Crazyandol
Has thanked: 0

Post by Crazyandol »

I appreciate both of your responses. I could finally sit down and try to update the firmware to the version linked above this past weekend. I had a heck of a time even pulling up the recovery mode page, as the LAN ports started to do the same thing when accessing it normally. I was finally able to connect and complete the upload. I am still having the same issue with this version. I could still connect to 2.4 and 5g access points, but nothing via the wired ports. I am going to follow Didneywhorl's advice.

Return to “Firmware”