How to Update RM502Q-AE Firmware

Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
SlickWickz
Has thanked: 0

How to Update RM502Q-AE Firmware

Post by SlickWickz »

Hello.
I am having a lot of trouble finding directions on how to update the firmware of the modem. Can someone please explain the process? I have downloaded the firmware but I have heard I need to put it in a sled and connect to my computer directly to use the firehose program. That is the extent of my knowledge and I have no experience using the firehose program.

I would like to update the firmware to see if I can get better performance out of the modem. Currently, it will aggregate b66 + n41 or b71 + b66. Everyone once in a while a b4 + b12 or b66. Never more than 2x CA. I have read the previous versions of the firmware had issues with anything over 2x CA. I got the RM502Q at the beginning of last year and I know it isn't using current firmware.

I'm not sure this would allow for better performance with additional CA or if the tower is only capable of 2x CA. However, they recently added n41 and did tower upgrades last year. Checking the tower metrics, it seems like it has fairly highly capable bandwidth which leads me to think that it may be possible to achieve more CA with this tower. This is my backup internet so not super pressing but I still would like to optimize expensive equipment to get the best bang out of my buck. Current speeds I achieve with b66 + n41 (which is what I have it locked on... other bands don't perform as well) are about 35 to 60 mbps down / 10 to 15 up which isn't bad at all. But again, if firmware would achieve better performance, then I'm about it.

Thanks for any help!!!

Current Build is: WG3526 + RM502Q + 4x4 antennae (wifix paddle antennas - I seem to get slightly better speeds out of panels because the signal is coming up over a mountain (don't high line of sight)

Return to “Quectel Modems”