Disable IPv6 - goldenorb/openwrt

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
radec

Disable IPv6 - goldenorb/openwrt

Post by radec »

Hi All,
I see a lot of mentions of people doing IPv4 only or IPv6 only. How are people doing this in GoldenOrb/Openwrt?

I'm wanting to test turning off IPv6 but none of the IPv6 settings I see under Networking > Interfaces > EDIT (on each interface) seem to stick or actually doing any thing.

Thanks

-radec
Didneywhorl

Re: Disable IPv6 - goldenorb/openwrt

Post by Didneywhorl »

Are you wanting to turn off the routers IPV6 NAT or the modems IPV6 connectivity to the cell network?
radec

Post by radec »

Didneywhorl wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:36 am Are you wanting to turn off the routers IPV6 NAT or the modems IPV6 connectivity to the cell network?
I guess mostly the modems IPV6 connectivity to the cell network, but really both.

I tried
Network > Interfaces > wwan(modem) > edit > selected 'IPv4' instead of 'IPv4/IPv6'

But it doesn't seem to do anything. Still get IPv6 on wwan. I tried updating to the latest goldenorb as well, but still no change.

Is there a different place to change the settings?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Set your APN to ipv4 only.. it's a setting under modem->connection profile. If needed, disable the modems ability to auto load apn's via at command.

For local, that's under network->interfaces->lan
And network-> dhcp i think.

Any particular reason to disable ipv6?
radec

Post by radec »

Didneywhorl wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:55 am Any particular reason to disable ipv6?
Honestly mostly for troubleshooting. I'm having a weird interment issue where webpages aren't loading. Refreshing, sometimes multiple times, fixes it. but it effects services to, like discord, xmpp, ect. because they keep losing connection. At first I thought it was a DNS issue, but it doesn;t appear to be.
My connection has been rock solid for months, before this started. I've got T-Mobile EBS.

I found the setting in Modem > Connection Profile. Thanks for that! I kept overlooking it.

Return to “Firmware”