Bypass throttling on a hotspot plan (Verizon)?

Topics addressing TTL settings for Throttling, Tethering and Hotspot Usage
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
rigbuilder
Has thanked: 0

Bypass throttling on a hotspot plan (Verizon)?

Post by rigbuilder »

I'm a bit confused when it comes to bypassing throttling.

I have a Verizon hotspot plan that offers 50GB of premium data then throttles afterwards to 600kbps.

In order to circumvent throttling do I have to be on a mobile plan that provides truly unlimited data on the phone?

Or can I also circumvent throttling on a hotspot only plan using TTL modifications? I tried multiple TTL, 64, 65, 88, 117, (now trying 66 atm) but my data usage is increasing when I check the My Verizon app. When I go into further details however, it shows that I have 0 GB of data used (I'm under the impression that means 0GB of mobile phone usage)

I'm running a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with RM502Q-AE hat from waveshare. Initially at first I wasn't able to get Verizon running on my setup but running the AT command

Code: Select all

AT+QNWPREFCFG="nr5g_disable_mode",1
(this disables 5G SA mode, but 5G NSA is enabled) allowed me to get it running.
IMG_1799.jpg
IMG_1800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rigbuilder
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bypass throttling on a hotspot plan (Verizon)?

Post by rigbuilder »

this post was made several days ago but was just approved. since then i've realized that having a hotspot only plan will prevent me from switching to a device data bucket, so i switched to a tablet plan.

but as of now on the tablet plan, i'm not getting any reporting of data usage for neither the tablet or hotspot data, however, when I check the data logs on the Verizon website its showing I am using data, so I'm concerned that my data usage is being recorded but I don't know how much data i've actually used on Verizon's app/website.

or its possible i can be getting unlimited data since m data usage isn't increasing. will post any updates as to what eventually happens in the near future.
kelteknw
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bypass throttling on a hotspot plan (Verizon)?

Post by kelteknw »

Any update

Return to “TTL Settings - Throttling, Tethering and Hotspot Usage”