NEXQ6GO looses connection between lan/wifi and internet.

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
meassick

NEXQ6GO looses connection between lan/wifi and internet.

Post by meassick »

I hav a NEXQ6G)0with EM12 modem. The modem will connect to a cell and I can connect to the router either via ethernet or wifi. However after some time, it seems that I can no longer access the internet. The router still indicates that it is connected and I also have the reboot on ping failure setup and it does not reboot, indicating that there is still a connection. I have tried re-flashing a number of times and currently have Goldenorb 10-20-2022 running on it

Don't know if it is related but the system log has lots of these messages that seem to start when the connection is not working

Thu Feb 2 20:25:53 2023 daemon.notice netifd: wan1 (12605): sh: 1: unknown operand
Thu Feb 2 20:26:53 2023 daemon.notice netifd: wan1 (12605): sh: 1: unknown operand
Thu Feb 2 20:27:53 2023 daemon.notice netifd: wan1 (12605): sh: 1: unknown operand
Thu Feb 2 20:28:53 2023 daemon.notice netifd: wan1 (12605): sh: 1: unknown operand
Thu Feb 2 20:29:53 2023 daemon.notice netifd: wan1 (12605): sh: 1: unknown operand
Thu Feb 2 20:30:53 2023 daemon.notice netifd: wan1 (12605): sh: 1: unknown operand
jvarnedore
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NEXQ6GO looses connection between lan/wifi and internet.

Post by jvarnedore »

Crickets?
micheladar
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by micheladar »

I get moire or less the same problem. Did you solve it?

I'm looking to install a newer firmware, did you do that? If so, where can I find one?
BillA

Post by BillA »

micheladar wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:51 pm I get moire or less the same problem. Did you solve it?

I'm looking to install a newer firmware, did you do that? If so, where can I find one?

First you need to determine the actual cause for the connection drop, which can be caused by several factors.
1. Failing router hardware
2. Failing modem hardware
3. Carrier issue

The quickest method to determine whether it's a hardware or carrier issue, is by inserting a different carrier's active sim card into the router.
Configure the proper APN and TTL settings, then run it for about a day to see if the connection is stable or dropping.
If it's stable, then the issue was likely caused by the original carrier's sim card.
It's a fairly common issue with some carriers for dropping the cellular connection after some time of inactivity (what's your carrier?)
You could try playing around with the Ping Test settings in the router's settings to see if that might help.

If it's still dropping the connection with another carrier's sim, then it's likely a router or modem issue.
The quickest method to determine which one, is by testing it with another modem (perhaps you can borrow one).
If it's stable then it was the modem, if it's still dropping then it's likely the router, since by now you know it's not the modem or the carrier.

Return to “WiFiX Routers”