Anyone familiar with ZBT-WG827 Router

Topics related to ZBT Routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Dazed-and-Confused

Anyone familiar with ZBT-WG827 Router

Post by Dazed-and-Confused »

Will the ZBT-WG827 work with the Quectel RM510Q-GL module?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004 ... 4MmWFs5M00

I am also interested in the 5G M.2 WWAN Card to RJ45 Kit Adapter as a possible alternative but the seller says it has not been debugged yet with my choice of module.Quectel RM510Q-GL

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004 ... 31002%21im

I'd appreciate any input on the matter.
Dazed-and-Confused

Re: Anyone familiar with ZBT-WG827 Router

I decided to go for the adapter which is the second option that I linked though actually sourcing the board shell and modem of my choice was not easy.

The sellers on Aliexpress all will not ship the board and shell without their choice of modem so I went to Alibaba.

There I found a supplier that offered the boards and after discussing my requirement with him he offered to locate the modem and shell and supply me with the full package.

The equipment is still awaiting shipment and it will probably take some time to arrive.

The router that I mentioned is capable of running the Quectel PM510Q but I wasn't convinced by the speed of the chip. I gave that a miss though I may still go back for it. He says 1.2 Ghz but I suspect it's 880Mhz.
Dazed-and-Confused

I think this router is generally the best that I've found, considering value for money and materials. Better than the first link I posted.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 510b6O47Yg

I think it's some kind of new fashion to not have four LAN ports though, this one has three and a WAN.
Dazed-and-Confused

Dazed-and-Confused wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:06 am I decided to go for the adapter which is the second option that I linked though actually sourcing the board shell and modem of my choice was not easy.

The sellers on Aliexpress all will not ship the board and shell without their choice of modem so I went to Alibaba.

There I found a supplier that offered the boards and after discussing my requirement with him he offered to locate the modem and shell and supply me with the full package.

The equipment is still awaiting shipment and it will probably take some time to arrive.

The router that I mentioned is capable of running the Quectel PM510Q but I wasn't convinced by the speed of the chip. I gave that a miss though I may still go back for it. He says 1.2 Ghz but I suspect it's 880Mhz.
The good news as far as the adapter with Ethernet and USB 3 is that they can be switched but not auto it has to be done manually via software. It pleased me to find out it had dual capability.

A pity it can't be used automatically or even at the same time.

Return to “ZBT Routers”