NEXP1GO keeps connecton but no data throughput

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Mountaineer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NEXP1GO keeps connecton but no data throughput

Post by Mountaineer »

Howdy! NEXP1GO with Quectel RM500. All was great for a couple weeks. I received a message on device "Connected but no Internet". Status shows connected. I can change bands. With wired or wireless connection there is no RX or TX. Totally random. It happens with T-Mobile SIM and AT&T SIM. I've flashed as advised in other posts several times. Any ideas where to start looking ?
Didneywhorl

Re: NEXP1GO keeps connecton but no data throughput

Post by Didneywhorl »

Which router firmware version are you using and which modem firmware version (AT+QGMR)
Mountaineer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Mountaineer »

Firmware version is: WiFiX-NEXP1GO-GO2022-11-18-upgrade

Modem Firmware version is: RM500QAEAAR11A02M4G_01.003.01.003

The issue is happening more often. One thing I noticed... while streaming TV, the video just stops. freezes. No buffering... video just halts.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Change to the 10-05-2022 version. I've also noticed a few odd issues with the November version. Mostly with the wifi. The 10-05 version hasn't had any complaints that I've seen or found myself. Same for the NEXS2GO.

Also, make sure you've enabled a scheduled nightly reboot, under the Services menu. It's just good practice on openWRT, imo.

Return to “WiFiX Routers”