EM7455 - Need help tweaking modem band selection

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Rrutl
Has thanked: 0

EM7455 - Need help tweaking modem band selection

Post by Rrutl »

I would really like to try tweaking the band my modem uses for primary connection. Currently it is on Band 13 and while I understand it's foliage penetration benefits, I would like to try the band 5 (850 mhz range ) since it is still in the low frequency. I am noticing CA and I would just like to eliminate band 13 while allowing all other bands to be used. I f anyone can point me to existing forum discussions that will help I will TIA. I always search before asking for help, and enjoy the learning process, but sometimes asking for help produces best results. Thanks again for an interesting and insightful forum. My primary reason is to get off a heavily used band and attempt to increase bandwidth for DL and UL.

P.S. my modem is the Sierra EM 7455 with WE826 router. I have become familiar with the basic AT! commands but got myself in trouble early on trying to 'tweak' the modem to get off band 13. Trying to be more deliberate this time around.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: EM7455 - Need help tweaking modem band selection

Post by JimHelms »

Not really sure how much simpler it can be than using THIS TUTORIAL
Rrutl

Post by Rrutl »

YES thanks I saw that and downloaded the spread sheet I am studying up to make sure I understand it all
Rrutl

Post by Rrutl »

I will attempt to exclude band 13 with the following command at!band=0E,"VZW (All)",0,000000000000001A The ''1'' (fourth character from end was removed to eliminate band 13) I hope I'm on the right track, but I will go over this a bit more to feel confident I understand it

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”